Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1239913 times)

Offline Corento

• Sergeant
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3915 on: August 22, 2024, 03:25:14 pm »
Hi there, I started playing 2 weeks ago, loving it so far, sorry if the questions seem stupid.

I am on my second run, I could not research fast enough and could not do missions at 2602 without being steamrolled.

I tried to search different on google and here on the forum, but could not find much answers to these questions:

1 - How do I open gambling to use the blue credit chips?
 Answer: bag of money

2 - What are good guns to use underwater? The shark men are tough

3 - How to deal with lobstermen? At the first time I found them, I had to stun rod them to oblivion, 5 person around it till it died

4 - How I get to laser?

5 - I have been using a lot of rotogun, but they are bad against armor. I got to get the smartgun, but that too. How to deal with armored enemies without laser or plasma? Shotguns? Flamethrowers?

6 - Are there still ships that don´t spend fuel depending on the path, or only the initial airbus does that?

7- Should I have a full team of each species?

All mentioned below is for 1st year, later there are better things, but other player can have better ideas.

2 - throwables - javelins, pointed sticks, then dart pistol, hasrpoon gun, harpoon carbine, X-bow, Corel X-bow, Kraken Cannon, Ballista or meele like pikes, boathooks,...
3 - barbaric sword (whirlwind)  is great, and I think crysalid grenade or chemical grenade is instant kill for them.
4 - from first encounters with  hybrids, or from academy, there are few groups using them
5 - golden guns, omega rifle, RPG... but best is meele - vibroblade, poison dagger, barbaric sword, pike,... or daze weapons, grenades,... chemical weapons are good against armor (damagin it). Even some strong pistols with heavy bullet are good, or pistols what leveling damage with your skills...
6 - I don´t understand, all ships spending any kind of fuel they using during flying/driving... just some has 9999miles, os it looks like they can fly/drive without spending fuel.
7 - diversity is good, CAtgirls, Lokknars and  Bugeyes has very good night vission, Bugeyes also Voodoo skills and so on.... I´m using mixed groups, but very depends on what mission and who I faiting against. Some missions are restricted only to some species.

Offline Corento

• Sergeant
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: August 22, 2024, 03:42:40 pm »
hey all, is there somewhere where I can get a list of missions and craft restrictions. I am thinking of upgrading my airbus to a faust but don't know if this will then prevent me from being able to do the Dr X hideout mission.

I made for myself a excel table with the info, what is most important for me (not only about the vessels), updated to N.9.0.1.
For the rest is best to check the Xpaedia - for example  https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_STARCON_PRISON

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: August 25, 2024, 04:03:01 pm »
If you're looking for rare and exotic items, especially of the gold variety, the smugglers are a good place to start.

They probably have the really good stuff hidden away in their strongholds, and it won't be for sale, but that shouldn't be a problem.
What do you mean by that? that smugglers can have bases like other factions and mercenaries?

I've never seen any so far, do they appear at a certain difficulty level?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: August 25, 2024, 05:24:57 pm »
The Smugglers show up in Milennium Falcon-shaped ships with over 5000 speed; you can catch them landed if you're quick and/or lucky. The crew is a bunch of Human Goons backed up by a Smuggler Captain, his Chewbacca-analogue, and 1d4 invisible catgirls. They're all packing military-grade weapons, and the ship always has some good contraband loot.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: August 25, 2024, 08:15:31 pm »
The Smugglers show up in Milennium Falcon-shaped ships with over 5000 speed; you can catch them landed if you're quick and/or lucky. The crew is a bunch of Human Goons backed up by a Smuggler Captain, his Chewbacca-analogue, and 1d4 invisible catgirls. They're all packing military-grade weapons, and the ship always has some good contraband loot.

ah, but I've been able to do that plenty of times. I haven't been able to get a star gods smuggler yet, but I've come across plenty of solo captains.

no, i was talking about a ground base, like mercenaries or rims
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 08:46:09 pm by Poulpiche »

Offline zombieguy223

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: August 26, 2024, 05:33:57 am »
ah, but I've been able to do that plenty of times. I haven't been able to get a star gods smuggler yet, but I've come across plenty of solo captains.

no, i was talking about a ground base, like mercenaries or rims
They don't quite have bases like that. If you keep interrogating captured smugglers you'll eventually discover they are connected to the Technocracy in an optronics smuggling scheme (https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_SMUGGLED_ELECTRONICS).

After you get some disruptive transmissions later on as part of another storyline, you can start investigating this more deeply, and that will lead to you attacking secret smuggler lairs in city sewer networks. Then you can progress to their full hideouts where you can find the golden statue.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: August 26, 2024, 10:28:49 am »
They don't quite have bases like that. If you keep interrogating captured smugglers you'll eventually discover they are connected to the Technocracy in an optronics smuggling scheme (https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_SMUGGLED_ELECTRONICS).

After you get some disruptive transmissions later on as part of another storyline, you can start investigating this more deeply, and that will lead to you attacking secret smuggler lairs in city sewer networks. Then you can progress to their full hideouts where you can find the golden statue.

ok thanks for the tips

I don't remember but I think I have already done this mission but haven't find a golden statue

as you can see, I have discovered yet the shadow trade connexion

Edit: I have add the save file below
« Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 05:40:17 pm by Poulpiche »

Offline huschel?

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: August 27, 2024, 07:34:52 pm »
Hi,

I want to remove the still from my initial base. But it always tells me "Facility in use". I canceled all production in this base and shipped away all runts to another base. I can't think of anythin else that is causing the facility to be in use. What am I missing?

Thx!

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: August 27, 2024, 09:17:51 pm »
Most likely you have a Mess Hall built which requires Still. Also, VIP Club, Hotel and Analytics Room require it, so you gotta demolish those buildings first.

Offline huschel?

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: August 27, 2024, 09:40:13 pm »
dang... the mess hall. thx  :)

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: August 28, 2024, 03:34:12 pm »
I need a big bone item to start the farmacology/still path.

Whad kind of mission do they come from?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: August 28, 2024, 03:45:45 pm »

you got it by butchering the white shambler...i noticed in oct 2602...well i suppose better late than never!  ;D

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: August 28, 2024, 04:42:41 pm »

Normally from White Shambler.
Alternatively, you can find it doing the Ratmen Cache, Bandit Caves or Cannibal Camp missions.
Or by opening Expedition Strongbox if you have any. If you have none of those, then simply producing "Cave Hunt (???)" has 15% to give you one.

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: August 28, 2024, 08:42:22 pm »
Thanks, I punched some rats and got it... I could get it from quite back in the game if I wasn't such a murder hobo -_-

There were 6 or 7 missions in a row that I punched/shocked everyone I could.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: August 29, 2024, 12:21:58 pm »
oh inoticed i need chocolate to appease a mad gnome, where i can find it?