aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1057088 times)

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2100 on: January 26, 2020, 09:56:04 pm »
So sometime around april I get these jeeps/tanks on the geoscape that move at 125 speed.  I assumed they weren't meant to be destroyed at this point since I never can seem to get their bootypedia page in any games I've played, but am I just missing out on a lot of missions by ignoring these things?

They are bandits/raiders. You get car parts and some low level captives you can research some stuff with. Their "crash" sites have 1-2 armored cars on them so bring anti armor weapons.

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 26, 2020, 09:57:51 pm »
Check under "hidden".

fucking lmao

I never consciously hid it but apparently i did.

Offline Whatifyellow

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 27, 2020, 03:50:20 pm »
How do i acquire the trapping "chains"

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 27, 2020, 10:40:44 pm »
How do i acquire the trapping "chains"

You mean "manacles"? Many missions have them as loot and you can probably buy/manufacture them at some point of your game. "Red Latern" where you are tasked with saving a gal from a brothel has atleast one always if I remember correctly.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 31, 2020, 12:06:32 pm »
..what version of xPirateZ is not affected -yet with "de-hobbesation" ( :o :D ;D :DDD ;DD) ) lôl ?
(which is such very last version, -still WITHOUT dehobbesating ? )

so hence, in which edition is there still all terrains, complete all tiles, all graphics, tilesets, etc..
(yap, surely i plan to keep that "COMPLETE, "full" version, (at my hddisk)

*J9 ?

(or still K1 ?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:49:55 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2105 on: January 31, 2020, 12:07:23 pm »
All versions up to and including K3.

misterx

« Reply #2106 on: January 31, 2020, 12:09:19 pm »
All versions up to and including K3.

Excuse actually the lastes seems to be K2. Is the 3 an unofficial in-nuce relase?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 31, 2020, 12:29:33 pm »
Excuse actually the lastes seems to be K2. Is the 3 an unofficial in-nuce relase?

Yes, K3 was 98% finished when the terrain drama unraveled and it's been circulated a bit between those "in the know".

misterx

« Reply #2108 on: January 31, 2020, 01:44:09 pm »
Yes, K3 was 98% finished when the terrain drama unraveled and it's been circulated a bit between those "in the know".

Might we get some general anticipation ok K3's changelog, please?  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:21:37 pm by misterx »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 31, 2020, 03:36:47 pm »
I don't have it, sorry. I suppose you will have to wait until L1, or whatever it will be called.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 02, 2020, 03:03:14 am »
Does anyone know which ships are good for transports these days?  Like I tried the turtle out, but it's turning into swiss cheese with all the windows, although it's still nice.  I've heard the shadowbat is pretty good.  I was going to try out green codex, but if the turtle is all it's got I might want to stick with gold/grey

Edit: Also, has lokknarr farm always been a source of apples?  Or have I just gotten super lucky?  I just showed up, lobbed some minibombs and got 66 apples xD
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:38:44 am by Greep »

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 02, 2020, 03:58:35 am »
I don't think it is a guaranteed source just an occasional one.  Apples are possible on a number of missions.  I imagine it depends on what map terrain is picked when the mission starts.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 02, 2020, 07:58:08 am »
Yeah I just got 137 apples in the next locknarr farm xD  Not that I'm complaining, just feels weird how a simple mission ends up being more profitable than about 5 of my regular non-apple wins combined.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 02, 2020, 02:50:33 pm »
The windows on the turtle are not that bad, you just need to know which spots are safe. Also, destroy the pillows on the floor with a crowbar (Mr. handy) to have faster walking.

Safe spots are the six tiles at the rear exit. On the side door, there is one safe tile. It's right at the door, next to the wall of the cabin. My other soldiers are usually then in the area opposite to the side door. Not optimal, but when you remove the pillows for faster walking it's manageable. You first go out the back and look to the right to check if someone is standing in a position to fire into the craft through the side window. If there is, don't move anyone through the danger area.
Windows are not only a disadvantage. When using the seductress outfit the windows are quite useful.

Special mention for the start of battle: How to safely get your crew out of the cockpit into the main cabin.
Face the window. Walk 1 tile at a time while holding your "run" key. This will make them sidestep, meaning you walk a tile, but you don't change the direction you look at. This will prevent enemies reaction firing at you, because of the rule of mutual surprise. If you get vision of the enemy at the same time as he gets vision on you, he doesn't get a reaction shot (for this one tile you walked).
If you can see the enemy, this is 100% safe if done correctly. If you face enemies you cannot see due to night mission or them having camo, then you are out of luck.

Regarding the shadowbat: yep, it's safer than the turtle. Only risk is sniper/spotter enemies throwing grenades into the craft through the hatches in the wings. So depending on the enemy it has unsafe tiles as well that you need to avoid standing on.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:07:42 pm by Eddie »

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 02, 2020, 10:22:03 pm »
I can only comment on ships that I tried in my current campaign.
  • Airbus – has annoying windows that enemies can shoot through.
  • Aircar – even more annoying windows compared to airbus.
  • Snake – same deal, lots of windows. But it is very good early combat ship and it can still do some special missions, like rally.
  • Shadowbat – good ship, has rooftop sniping elevators and lots of cover.
  • Pachyderm (Space truck) – very safe, you can peek from doors in two directions. Technically has windows on the second floor, but very few enemies will try to shoot you through them.
  • Skyranger – flying coffin.
  • Fortuna – big open doors force me to use tank to eat those first turn shots. But otherwise it is a nice upgrade in terms of capacity, it has rooftop access for snipers, and it can go both underwater and into space.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:05:16 am by Galwail »