Author Topic: *Recovered* [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 0.99F3.105 (Thanks Juku121!)  (Read 48776 times)

Offline The Burning Yak

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99F1.74
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2017, 06:29:02 am »
I think when all is said and done, I'll revert the mod to just deal with the nudity aspect, (silly as that is)

I think that's a great plan. I've got a number of friends I'd love to recommend this too that would be uncomfortable with the nudity aspect. I think opening up the brilliance of Dioxine's mod to a larger audience is perfect.

Offline KBGhost

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 11:44:49 am »
Good discussion, and I see your point, Dioxine. 

I think when all is said and done, I'll revert the mod to just deal with the nudity aspect, (silly as that is) and step back from the 3 substitutions for:

These do take much more artistic license.  I'll either recommend these to Roxis' alt bootypedia mod or release another minor one, myself.  It will make things much clearer in regards to the purpose of this mod.

Thanks
Good idea, I'm looking forward to your mods.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99F1.81
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 01:36:07 am »
Update: 81 images completed now.  Almost done with the main 'pedia entries, Awards/Commendations will come next.

With this release I have deprecated the images that were strictly to make things prettier (Krazy Hanna, Builder's Hall, and Beastmen).  This is to ensure that this mod stays to one intent only.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2017, 05:06:24 am »
I've been looking at the background Images you use.

I am sure you could get sharper Images if you changed the pictures to greyscale before re-palleting them as I sugested in my PM.

Might be of some help.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2017, 03:29:05 pm »
Yeah, I've realized Backgrounds take a lot of tweaking.  I've got some good ideas for different bgs, but I've sort of set them aside for last, as I feel they will take the most time.  Thanks a ton for your tips!  Its made a huge difference!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
[MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99F1.95
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2017, 12:29:20 am »
Update: 95 images complete.  With this release, all the main 'pedia images have alternates.  There are a few that I would like to find something better for, but those are just a handful, and what I have will work for now.

I've started work on the Commendations, and have eleven of those ready.  I'll keep working on these, then finish the last few background images.  Then as time allows look for more perfect replacements for those I'm not completely happy with.

Preview:

(and yeah, I've fixed the "{Newline" on the diplomacy image)

Offline KBGhost

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99F1.95
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2017, 12:23:11 pm »
Post deleted - Dioxine

Pasting a huge post of someone else and adding just a single word of comment is just too rude to be tolerated even here.

It might be a better idea to make a list of rules and perhaps sticky it before deleting posts for arbitary reasons such as "your compliment wasn't long enough" Dioxine.
So I'll rephrase it: "Good to see more progress, I like the choice of the diplomacy picture" instead of "Nice!"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:04:07 pm by KBGhost »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99F3.104
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2017, 12:49:31 am »
Got time to work up a few more images and tackle a few of the new images in 99f3.

Here's a few previews:

Just a few more 'pedia images, and a few more awards, and this will be ready for 1.0 release  (looks like 104/115 complete).  I'll still probably look for replacements for some of the images that are already done but leave me a bit dissatisfied.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2017, 03:40:46 am »
Recently encountered a crash when upgrading from 0.99G2 to 0.99G4

Getting an 'invalid node' error with the pedia.rul file. I've been poking around with that file to try and diagnose the problem, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Offline Dyne

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2017, 07:45:29 am »
Great choice of pics.
Not a problem for me with any NSFW, but sometimes less boobs is better.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 08:33:17 am »
I don't give a damn about being PG-13, but these are some rather gorgeous images. I particularly like the Chemical Weapons one.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:35:31 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2017, 10:39:38 am »
I think that's a great plan. I've got a number of friends I'd love to recommend this too that would be uncomfortable with the nudity aspect. I think opening up the brilliance of Dioxine's mod to a larger audience is perfect.

Reminds me of that "Trump" speech from South Park.
Slavery, murdering for money, prostitution, and the whole adult theme is fine, but light nudity? NOOOO that's too much

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2017, 12:51:18 pm »
The last update was in April.  Is this still being worked on?

If so, has the Mansion Invasions image been replaced yet?  If not, I might have a suggestion for that one.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2017, 04:50:51 pm »
Thanks for the interest folks. 

Last update was 99F3.  So this mod is seriously out of date.  Yes, Dioxine has added bunch more content (Mansion Mission brief, etc) that this mod should cover. 

Unfortunately, It isn't currently being actively worked on, no.  I've been on a hiatus from playing PirateZ due to some of life's craziness.  I can't guarantee when I might pick this mod up again.   Therefore, @Marza I apologize that I can't trouble shoot whatever broke for you... (I'd guess Dioxine changed some of the strings for the articles).  If anybody can troubleshoot and post a fix, I'll happily update the files. 

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »
@Marza

What's the exact error message? I think we can figure it out once we have that.