Author Topic: Xpiratez port for retropie!  (Read 538 times)

Offline niculinux [RETIRED/QUIT]

• Commander
  • "Bury me with my guns on"
    • View Profile
Xpiratez port for retropie!
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:48:47 pm »
Hello and happy new year! I was just thinking: it may be even possible have xpitatez portings for reteopie, for win, linux and mac? That would be very very cool!

I was just figuring out if may be even possible (for lunix) throw anninstallation on the sd where retropie is installed and run from there. So any chances or it is impossible?

Offline krautbernd

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Xpiratez port for retropie!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:30:51 pm »
No offense, but what would be the point of "porting" something tht runs natively on the systems you request it to be ported to? The whole point of OXC is not have to use emulators (i.e. dosbox) to run the game. Retropie is essentially a collection of emulators with a nice UI.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:24:35 pm »
No offense, but what would be the point of "porting" something tht runs natively on the systems you request it to be ported to? The whole point of OXC is not have to use emulators (i.e. dosbox) to run the game. Retropie is essentially a collection of emulators with a nice UI.

No problem, just a quick way to play the game on a huge screen, without thinkering too much with system configuration and headaches. Anyway still think would be really cool 8)

Offline krautbernd

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 05:15:28 pm »
No problem, just a quick way to play the game on a huge screen, without thinkering too much with system configuration and headaches. Anyway still think would be really cool 8)
I don't understand - is there something that prevents you from running the game on your system?

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 05:16:41 pm »
I don't understand - is there something that prevents you from running the game on your system?

No it's just a kinda comfort  :)