Author Topic: Dossiers wanted!  (Read 85859 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Dossiers wanted!
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2019, 08:28:26 pm »
I should come here more often. Thanks for the input, guys!

@Human Traitor: Your entry is... okay, but kinda bland. I mean, this bio lacks any distinctive features - if you change the name and nationality, it could apply to almost any hybrid scientist. It needs some sort of a hook, making him more unique. Do you think you can come up with something? Or if you don't want to do anything further, I can give it some thought myself. The photo is pretty great though!

@Bartojan: It's all very interesting, but I miss the exact reason why X-Com would be interested in this family. Sure, they're supposed to investigate all supernatural stuff, but this little guy looks more like someone from the Council. Which is in fact okay, but do you think we can go full "let's investigate who we work for"? It's a good plot idea, but kinda heavy on the commitment.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2019, 10:25:11 pm »
I should come here more often. Thanks for the input, guys!

@Human Traitor: Your entry is... okay, but kinda bland. I mean, this bio lacks any distinctive features - if you change the name and nationality, it could apply to almost any hybrid scientist. It needs some sort of a hook, making him more unique. Do you think you can come up with something? Or if you don't want to do anything further, I can give it some thought myself. The photo is pretty great though!

Thanks!

The character and the photo of course is a reference to a famous character of Mort & Phil, a famous Spanish comic. I wanted to keep it subtle as an in-game joke, since there are already dossiers that do that. I'll see if I can write out something serious for Bacterio.

More info about the character here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mort_%26_Phil#Professor_Bacterio

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2019, 12:56:22 pm »
The character and the photo of course is a reference to a famous character of Mort & Phil, a famous Spanish comic. I wanted to keep it subtle as an in-game joke, since there are already dossiers that do that. I'll see if I can write out something serious for Bacterio.

More info about the character here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mort_%26_Phil#Professor_Bacterio

Well, I haven't caught this reference. But it's OK, I encourage such ideas.
Still, my point remains: the entry should be a bit more interesting by itself, not only as a reference. Also, a parody shouldn't use the original name, it's just not how things are done - so maybe change the surname to Viruso or something ;)

EDIT: Baba Donka added. (No screenshots, find her in the game!)

EDIT 2: Arastoo Namdar added too.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 08:42:25 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2019, 07:11:05 pm »
Alright, reworked the sheet. Better now? IS it too obvious? Also, I was thinking of doing another the following months if I can.

Reposting the text here for easier reading.

-----------------------

Name: Professor B. Viruso

Role: Scientist

Affiliation: Hybrid Network (pressumed)

Details: Brilliant Spanish scientist who managed to achieve five Doctorates in a row for science-related studies, he was known for his amazing if controversial advances in gene-therapy and his even stranger inventions. Notable amongst the latter is the drug he invented originally as an "intelligence enhancement pill", which he eventually repurposed as a potent sedative used even today.

However, nine months ago he promptly went off the grid with no warning. Our conjecture is that his disappearance is related to his government's latest batch of budget cuts completely stalling his research funds, moment in which he was approached by an unknown party interested in his unorthodox research methods and his amoral approach to science.

His current whereabouts are unknown.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:26:18 pm by HumanTraitor »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2019, 02:05:28 pm »

Offline Hashirama015

• Sergeant
  • Omnia Mors Est Infideles
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2019, 12:07:41 am »
"Dossier: Silent Ghost"
"ROLE: Infiltration/Black Ops
"AFFILIATION: Freelancer"
"Details:
The only surviving subject of the 'Maharlika Project', a brutal and secret super soldier project backed by the far-right New Society Movement located in the Philippines (an enemy of the red dawn) in 1981. His existing records show him being involved in executing Communist officials, Black Lotus members, replaced government officials(Hybrids?) and participation in a Biohazard containment. His current whereabouts after the 1988  Procyon city incident (1998 Raccoon City reference procyon is another name for raccoon) are unknown although there are rumors that he is currently investigating the cause of these incidents on his own."
"STATUS: Unknown"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 12:16:59 am by Hashirama015 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2019, 07:39:32 pm »
Alright, reworked the sheet. Better now? IS it too obvious? Also, I was thinking of doing another the following months if I can.

Reposting the text here for easier reading.

-----------------------

Name: Professor Viruso Bacterius

Role: Scientist

Affiliation: Hybrid Network (pressumed)

Details: Brilliant Spanish scientist who managed to achieve five Doctorates in a row for science-related studies, he was known for his amazing if controversial advances in gene-therapy and his even stranger inventions. Notable amongst the latter is the drug he invented originally as an "intelligence enhancement pill", which he eventually repurposed as a potent sedative used even today.

However, nine months ago he promptly went off the grid and seemingly disappeared from the world. Our conjecture is that his disappearance is related to his government's latest batch of budget cuts completely stalling his research funds, moment in which he was approached by an unknown party interested in his unorthodox research methods and his amoral approach to science.

His current whereabouts are unknown, although there are rumours of a strange bearded fellow sometimes being seen around the university he once worked at.

Not bad, but maybe "Viruso Bacterius" is a bit far... How about "B. Viruso"?

Also I doubt this much text will fit, but I can try.

"Dossier: Silent Ghost"
"ROLE: Infiltration/Black Ops
"AFFILIATION: Freelancer"
"Details:
The only surviving subject of the 'Maharlika Project', a brutal and secret super soldier project backed by the far-right New Society Movement located in the Philippines (an enemy of the red dawn) in 1981. His existing records show him being involved in executing Communist officials, Black Lotus members, replaced government officials(Hybrids?) and participation in a Biohazard containment. His current whereabouts after the 1988  Procyon city incident (1998 Raccoon City reference procyon is another name for raccoon) are unknown although there are rumors that he is currently investigating the cause of these incidents on his own."
"STATUS: Unknown"

This is pretty cool.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2019, 09:26:46 pm »
Removed the last two lines and edited the name. Better now, or still too much text?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2019, 11:06:01 pm »
Removed the last two lines and edited the name. Better now, or still too much text?

I don't know yet. It certainly looks better, but I reserve the right to shorten it further, if needed. Also bear in mind I'll make it one paragraph, out of necessity.
Thanks! Added to the base of ideas.

Offline Hashirama015

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2019, 12:51:54 am »
Was about to add Metal gear things like exoskeleton 'nanomachines', 'cyborg ninja' and also SCP foundation but I thought it would be better for another one rather than put them all together in a single person xD. Btw can I also insert places/locations of interest?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2019, 01:36:44 am »
Was about to add Metal gear things like exoskeleton 'nanomachines', 'cyborg ninja' and also SCP foundation but I thought it would be better for another one rather than put them all together in a single person xD. Btw can I also insert places/locations of interest?

I know zilch about either, but I am not against adding some new type of article which is about places or events instead of people.

Offline Hashirama015

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2019, 01:29:48 pm »
https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_series
it's a game about political fiction,  tactical espionage and stealth, etc.
https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Gray_Fox the cyborg ninja I was talking about.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCP_Foundation They are pretty much like XCOM with some differences.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2019, 01:11:07 pm »
Well I know these exist, I just can't see how they're related to the X-Com setting. :)

Offline Hashirama015

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2019, 05:25:15 pm »
Well let's say solid snake was actually a hybrid turned rouge and the cyborg ninja a child soldier trained and brainwashed by the syndicate, cyberweb or Black Lotus for their own benefit. And the scp foundation sites or containment facilities would fit well as Locations of interest (like the abandoned base) for the Xcom since they are also dealing with the unknown. :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2019, 05:57:46 pm »
Well if you write it, and it's good, of course I'll add it. That's the point of this thread. :)