Author Topic: Question on versions  (Read 2141 times)

Offline ViciousCat069

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Question on versions
« on: September 03, 2020, 05:00:11 pm »
Hi there,
Noob here (although I played the heck out of the Original back in 19whatever, and have played LW/LW2/WotC/CS to death)
I recently started watching an LP by Auld Dragon, and it looked so much fun that I bought UFO off Steam to try it. (No DVD slot in my laptop, let alone a 3.5" drive!!!)
I have a slight question - On his soldier equip screen there is an entry for Weight (Carried / Max). I don't have this on my version - I can't imagine that encumbrance has been taken out of the game, so where do I find this info?

Oh, also, I don't recall the "QD" or "QO" slots. I notice that it takes a reduced time to access them, so I assume the first word is "Quick", but what is the second word?

He (at least starts with) v1.2 on OXCE 6.3.4, whereas I have (a couple of months later) XCF 1.5 on OXCE 6.6

Thanks In Advance for any help
Sid
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:05:20 pm by ViciousCat069 »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question on versions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 06:27:40 pm »
I have a slight question - On his soldier equip screen there is an entry for Weight (Carried / Max). I don't have this on my version - I can't imagine that encumbrance has been taken out of the game, so where do I find this info?

Options > Advanced > Inventory Stats

Oh, also, I don't recall the "QD" or "QO" slots. I notice that it takes a reduced time to access them, so I assume the first word is "Quick", but what is the second word?

Quick Draw

Offline ViciousCat069

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 06:44:09 pm »
Awesome Thanks!

If I may trouble you a bit further..?
I've picked up a Makarov from some ruffian. I don't seem to be able to Middle-Click to see its stats, nor is it available in the Ufopedia. I assumed I'd have to research it, but there is no option to do this in the New Project tab of Research.
Obviously I can get the stats online, but is this a hint that I can't use it or am I just being dense?

Cheers
Sid
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 06:47:28 pm by ViciousCat069 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 06:57:17 pm »
You're correct - only researched stuff is shown in the Pedia (assuming it needs a research in the first place).

If you can't research the Makarov, maybe it's in your car? If yes, try unloading it, so the scientists could have a look.

Offline ViciousCat069

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 07:40:24 pm »
<Blush> Damnit - I thought I'd done that :-\
That's the charm thanks - I only hope this isn't an indicator on how I'm going to get on against the threats to Mother Earth

Thanks again