Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1108443 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1110 on: May 11, 2018, 06:39:43 pm »
First time post, first of GREAT MOD!!! loved the Piratez one too!

I build the cannontank and ammo for it, but it doesn´t show up anywhere. Not in soldiers, vehicles or equipment. I can only sell it. There is a seperate ufopedia entry for the cannon itself, but I cannot buld it. Maybe you originally intended to make it possible to equip the tank with the different guns (cannon, rockets or minigun) but scrapped it. Anyway, it currently doesn´t work for me...

hope this helps and keep up the good work! :-*

You need an AI Unit of any kind for the tank. So go to any of them that has a "Scout Drone" Armor equipped, then replace it with the Tank/Cannon "outfit". You'll have to manually reload the HWP's weapon before each battle in the "last-minute gear-up" though, unless it's a tank with unlimited ammo. Note though that you'll need enough space for the "tank armor" to work, or the game won't let you equip that.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 12, 2018, 03:30:17 pm »
Description for 'Improved Laboratory'. Change from 'energy mamangement' to 'energy management'. Also change phrase from 'It also allows to expand' to 'It also allows us to expand'.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1112 on: May 12, 2018, 09:21:43 pm »
Description for 'Improved Laboratory'. Change from 'energy mamangement' to 'energy management'. Also change phrase from 'It also allows to expand' to 'It also allows us to expand'.

Thanks, fixed.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 17, 2018, 12:57:42 am »
I think I saw this mentioned for the previous version, but I'm also getting the bugged Croc Attack mission.  The enemies that spawned are Meridians with bugged names.  They also don't attack for some reason, only reaction fire.  Ironman save.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 17, 2018, 08:51:50 pm »
Interesting. Maybe I misaligned the region data? I will check in the evening.

EDIT: yes, there was a conflict! Attaching a hotfix - just replace the files. But back up the originals first, as I take no responsibility here. ;)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 17, 2018, 11:29:08 pm »
Interesting. Maybe I misaligned the region data? I will check in the evening.

EDIT: yes, there was a conflict! Attaching a hotfix - just replace the files. But back up the originals first, as I take no responsibility here. ;)
Thanks for the Hotfix, just ran into this bug myself.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 18, 2018, 12:05:05 am »
What about using the scene that bug gives, and have a mission with lots of imperfect Meridian clones?  I don't know what sort of story that would be a part of, but it amuses me for some reason.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:32 am »
Meridian is a guy, so unless you want to make clones of him... :D

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 19, 2018, 05:22:33 pm »
Mass driver weapons (except the pistol) require their own items for research (i.e. rifle research requires a rifle) - is this intended? Do these items drop during gameplay?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 20, 2018, 11:41:18 am »
Mass driver weapons (except the pistol) require their own items for research (i.e. rifle research requires a rifle) - is this intended? Do these items drop during gameplay?

These are sometimes used by the MiB, yes.
Does it cause any problems?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 20, 2018, 12:45:14 pm »
Just asking if this was intended, since in earlier version you could progress naturally through the Gauss- and Rail-tech tree. It just seemed strange to me that you could research craft weapon and the mass driver pistol without item prerequesites, but X-COM apparantly can't wrap their heads around adapting the tech to rifles, sniper rifles or man-portable heavy weapons on their own (but on the other hand has no problem adapting the mass driver to HWPs).

Requiring a single item (or given-for-free research topic from interrogtions) to start initial gauss or mass-driver research but then being able able to progress normally just seemed more logical to me, seeing how these are established concepts, like laser weapons. I can see the rational behind locking out gauss-type weapons (since they are used by reptoids iirc), but i don't see why mass drivers shouldn't be accessible, seeing how the MIBs apparantly had no problem adapting the tech on their own.

BTW, what prompted you to switch the name from rail-type to mass drivers? Rail-guns and Gauss weapons are two distinct concepts, while mass drivers are essentially gauss guns. Switching Gauss- and Rail-type weapons from the earlier versions made sense (since rail-type weapons would probably overheat easier), but now there are essentially two types of gauss weapons in the game, one capable of auto-fire while the other isn't.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:50:23 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 20, 2018, 02:51:08 pm »
Just asking if this was intended, since in earlier version you could progress naturally through the Gauss- and Rail-tech tree. It just seemed strange to me that you could research craft weapon and the mass driver pistol without item prerequesites, but X-COM apparantly can't wrap their heads around adapting the tech to rifles, sniper rifles or man-portable heavy weapons on their own (but on the other hand has no problem adapting the mass driver to HWPs).

Requiring a single item (or given-for-free research topic from interrogtions) to start initial gauss or mass-driver research but then being able able to progress normally just seemed more logical to me, seeing how these are established concepts, like laser weapons. I can see the rational behind locking out gauss-type weapons (since they are used by reptoids iirc), but i don't see why mass drivers shouldn't be accessible, seeing how the MIBs apparantly had no problem adapting the tech on their own.

Admittedly rail and Gauss weapons tech tree are a bit of a fustercluck right now, since I've changed the concept many times and then also made them Reptoid weapons. Therefore I will still make changes once in a while. The latest release is probably outdated already.

BTW, what prompted you to switch the name from rail-type to mass drivers? Rail-guns and Gauss weapons are two distinct concepts, while mass drivers are essentially gauss guns. Switching Gauss- and Rail-type weapons from the earlier versions made sense (since rail-type weapons would probably overheat easier), but now there are essentially two types of gauss weapons in the game, one capable of auto-fire while the other isn't.

Yes, that's what I've been going for since the beginning, but the previous version (from the FMP) stuck to the initial mod by Tyran Nick. It wasn't bad, but I needed something else this time.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 20, 2018, 03:16:07 pm »
That kind of clears things up, though it seems kind of strange to have two types of what is (essentially) the same tech in the game. Wouldn't it make more sense to stick with rail and gauss? Rail-guns would be easily adapted from existing research, since all you need to do is jury-rig an alien power source to two conducting rails (which of course easily overheat, hence no autofire), while the Gauss tech of the reptoids is much more advanced and can't be as easily replicated or adapted, even with alien tech?

Sorry for posting this in bugs btw, i guess my initial question in regards to the tech tree has been answered. Should i take this to the release discussion theread?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 20, 2018, 03:19:53 pm »
That kind of clears things up, though it seems kind of strange to have two types of what is (essentially) the same tech in the game. Wouldn't it make more sense to stick with rail and gauss?

Let me rephrase it more clearly:
THIS IS ESSENTIALLY THE SAME TECH, JUST ON DIFFERENT LEVELS OF REFINEMENT.

Sorry for posting this in bugs btw, i guess my initial question in regards to the tech tree has been answered. Should i take this to the release discussion theread?

That's OK, or you can always start a new thread if you feel it's appropriate.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 22, 2018, 04:45:45 pm »
Will there be any changes in AI aliens on the map?
Thanks you!