Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071524 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #765 on: October 12, 2017, 12:14:05 pm »
Something seems wrong with the black lotus warrior : they just stand around, and don't charge. I was able to walk up on 1 with two tazers with no issue at all, until I triggered throwing knife overwatch range. Did you possibly give them an energy of zero??

Also, warriors really could use a samarai armor instead of a black full body suit : it would distinguish them from ninjas, and would excuse giving them much needed armor / health (warriors are kinda weak considering they have melee only, and I've never viewed them as a serious threat like I have chosen of dagon with magnums, or exalt goons with mac10s.)

Yes, the AI can't use limited range weapons at all, they just freeze in place. But, if they bait you to come closer and then kill you, then it's not so bad. ;D

Samurai armour? Why? They aren't samurai, they are more like ninjas. Just like the Assassins - they are pretty much the same thing, just a different level.

Offline jinxed

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 12, 2017, 09:08:21 pm »
I saw it already reported, my game also suffers from occasional segmentation errors, which occur in bigger missions when someone in a far corner of the map goes beserk.
Also, I'm either blind or the HMG doesn't seem to have an UFOPAEDIA entry.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 12, 2017, 09:15:05 pm »
I saw it already reported, my game also suffers from occasional segmentation errors, which occur in bigger missions when someone in a far corner of the map goes beserk.
Also, I'm either blind or the HMG doesn't seem to have an UFOPAEDIA entry.

Yes, both issues were reported.
The first one should be fixed by downloading and replacing Meridian's latest OXCE+ release.
The later was a Ufopaedia problem, I have fixed it on my end.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 13, 2017, 04:44:02 am »
I just did the Vampire Castle mission and I ran into a few issues.  At the start, the evac zone was only ten wide despite arriving in a fully loaded skymarshall.  Later on I ran into some bugged stairs.  The attached save has my guy just before them and his MC'd Queen on them.

Also the issue with blocked off areas hit me hard.  I spent around 40 turns searching for an enemy in a two space room on the edge of the map.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 13, 2017, 06:44:34 am »
Yes, the AI can't use limited range weapons at all, they just freeze in place. But, if they bait you to come closer and then kill you, then it's not so bad. ;D

Samurai armour? Why? They aren't samurai, they are more like ninjas. Just like the Assassins - they are pretty much the same thing, just a different level.

Because we ALREADY have ninjas, and the assassins are badass as fuck, while the warriors feel like the lotus warrior feels like the black lotus grunts stole the assassins clothes, put on kevlar and bought a better melee weapon, and forgot a firearm. It really feels kinda cheap, as its a reskin of a STRONGER enemy, and warriors really provide little value in a battle. Honestly this is a big issue I have with black lotus, they are really meh besides the footmen, witch, and assassin, as the melee weapons make for such an easy kill.

You also missed the point, that this guy stood around like a dingus and did nothing UNTIL I got close enough, and had I just lit him up with mp5 bullets, this death wouldn't of happened whatsoever.

Beyond that, warriors really just don't provide much challenge, short of the time listed (which was 100% preventable) I've never died from a warrior since they always prefer melee and knives. I could propose 2 solutions, 1, that they get a boost to overall tu's (faster) and possibly get kamikaze AI, or 2, that they get armor, and a new skin which isn't just a pallet swap.

honestly, I think even giving the black lotus grunts higher TU's would be good : they train daily right? I figure they would be swifter because of this, and this would make them slightly more formidable this way.

In short, warriors don't feel particularly formidable or special in any real sense, to the point I actually prioritize them LOWER than grunts on most occasions... but besides witches, assassins and footmen, lotus is still a slight joke. And giving both warriors and assassins the same texture honestly just seems lazy on your part : no offense.

Whole point of such an outfit is stealth, which they dont have, and so for charging head long, traditional Japanese / Chinese armor would be very fitting.

And either way, the knives locking them in place feels like an exploit, as you can ignore them entirely this way if you stay outside the range.  Maybe for the meantime you should remove knives from them....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:00:19 am by mumble »

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 13, 2017, 10:01:58 am »
I just ran into an infiltration mission where there was no exit to the Cafe I started in.  Maybe you should add an entrance to another side?

niculinux

« Reply #771 on: October 14, 2017, 04:23:03 pm »
In the 0.7.2 there are still palmas in front of doors; plus Solarius pheraphs you'd need to double check ALL the maps in the game? :) a savegame is provided.

Ah, and in the ufopedia  the rocket launchers page, "rocket" word is missing? See screenshots attached :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 14, 2017, 04:38:50 pm »
In the 0.7.2 there are still palmas in front of doors

And they will remain there forever.

plus Solarius pheraphs you'd need to double check ALL the maps in the game? :) a savegame is provided.

Yeah, that's one fucking reasonable request.
Why don't you do it, smart guy?

Ah, and in the ufopedia  the rocket launchers page, "rocket" word is missing? See screenshots attached :)

If anything's missing, it's your screws.

niculinux

« Reply #773 on: October 14, 2017, 04:45:17 pm »
Sorry, did  not want to read annoying. I suppose the map thing is a huge affair  :'( ok never mind :)

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 15, 2017, 02:53:19 am »
Is there a reason "surfs up" mission  forbids all firearms, but allows all kinds of bows, crossbows, and dart guns? I can see not packing a full gear load, but I figure mini pistols like the snub-nose and light pistol could still work just fine, and CERTAINLY be more discreet than a crossbow.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 15, 2017, 03:02:49 am »
Is there a reason "surfs up" mission  forbids all firearms, but allows all kinds of bows, crossbows, and dart guns? I can see not packing a full gear load, but I figure mini pistols like the snub-nose and light pistol could still work just fine, and CERTAINLY be more discreet than a crossbow.
Dart guns are an underwater weapon, so it's entirely plausible if some tourists carry an unusual dart gun. Guess, that applies to the crossbow too. Not so much for bows and clubs, I'm afraid.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 15, 2017, 03:53:48 am »
An error in purchase list grouping. LC-I Ammo is in the "Incendiaries" group, but Light Cannon is not.
In case of Grenade Launcher and "46mm Crenade (INC)" both are Incendiaries, which seems more correct.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 15, 2017, 06:10:51 am »
Theres a BIG difference between dart guns right near a diving area / on a diving boat, and actually just on a sun bathing beach.

And by this logic small pistols would still work, since small pistols are used for catching large fish to shoot them in the head.

Besides that, this REALLY limits the weapons you can use to approach in these missions pretty drastically, making the mission a bit of a shit show.

EDIT : actually this applies to both of the things, ski resort and surfs up : you spawn in with mostly melee weapons and can only bring crossbows / darts for ranged weapons, while fighting cultists with machine guns, and you have no armor?!

Something is horribly unbalanced with these missions man =). I at very least think anything which fits in a quick draw slot should be allowed, period.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:03:49 am by mumble »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 15, 2017, 12:42:00 pm »
An error in purchase list grouping. LC-I Ammo is in the "Incendiaries" group, but Light Cannon is not.
In case of Grenade Launcher and "46mm Crenade (INC)" both are Incendiaries, which seems more correct.

Right, fixed.

Theres a BIG difference between dart guns right near a diving area / on a diving boat, and actually just on a sun bathing beach.

And by this logic small pistols would still work, since small pistols are used for catching large fish to shoot them in the head.

Besides that, this REALLY limits the weapons you can use to approach in these missions pretty drastically, making the mission a bit of a shit show.

Well, that's kind of the point... But it's an optional mission, mostly for extra money.
As for weapon selection, sure it's arbitrary. But I honestly can't imagine a tourist carrying a gun for killing fish. I mean, what kind of law would allow that? (In most of the world anyway, I know it's OK in Somalia or the US.)

EDIT : actually this applies to both of the things, ski resort and surfs up : you spawn in with mostly melee weapons and can only bring crossbows / darts for ranged weapons, while fighting cultists with machine guns, and you have no armor?!

Something is horribly unbalanced with these missions man =). I at very least think anything which fits in a quick draw slot should be allowed, period.

But this is called stealth. :) No, seriously, this is not a good idea. You don't like these missions, don't do them. But I won't allow guns on the beach, it just doesn't make sense.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 15, 2017, 02:25:42 pm »
I honestly can't imagine a tourist carrying a gun for killing fish. I mean, what kind of law would allow that? (In most of the world anyway, I know it's OK in Somalia or the US.)
Pneumatic single-shot spearguns have muzzle energy on par with 9 mm pistols, but seem to be allowed in most countries of the world. The only thing banned is using them with an aqualung — that's considered poaching in most countries (but allowed in the USA :) )

Though X-COM dart guns are closer to the rumoured needle guns of "frogmen". I did not find anything reliable about those and can't say if they should require permissions or pass through loopholes. (Underwater firearms that use gunpowder are definitely a weapon, but I'm not talking about them.)