aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072356 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #600 on: July 22, 2017, 01:32:48 pm »
I do encourage you to examine the save I posted : you can have your head halfway inside an overhead mountain, meaning you cannot shoot since your gun is inside block tile, and also crouching somehow sends you flying upward to the next tile, for some reason.

The truth is, I am kind of afraid of touching this hill... It is used by various terrains, in various configurations, I worry it could just blow up in my face. I'd rather sweep it under the carpet. But... It looks like I can't! :) So I'll see what can be done.

EDIT : facility requirement for research (or, at least the BIOLAB) is fulfilled before its FINISHED. I was able to research a werewolf when the biolab had 8 more days till construction finished.

Hmmm... If so, then it's a code problem...

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 22, 2017, 02:23:48 pm »
The truth is, I am kind of afraid of touching this hill... It is used by various terrains, in various configurations, I worry it could just blow up in my face. I'd rather sweep it under the carpet. But... It looks like I can't! :) So I'll see what can be done.

Heh, thanks for being honest with me at least : I know generation is a bitch, and I appreciate the hard work you put in, but I'd be a crappy bug tester if I said nothing was wrong, wouldn't I? ;)

Anyway if that's the case I understand, and don't hassle too much over it, but its better that you tell me that you're just scared to touch it, than an endless back and forth of "no, seriously, this is a problem" and "eh its not that bad". Communication is important, and I hold no ill will against you if certain things are a headache to fix.

Hmmm... If so, then it's a code problem...
To be fair, this is so incredibly small of a bug, compared to the other one I honestly don't give a damn : its still a bug, but its impact on gameplay is extremely negligible

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 22, 2017, 04:35:53 pm »
Heh, thanks for being honest with me at least : I know generation is a bitch, and I appreciate the hard work you put in, but I'd be a crappy bug tester if I said nothing was wrong, wouldn't I? ;)

Very much so! :) And I have fixed it; we'll see what happens...

Anyway if that's the case I understand, and don't hassle too much over it, but its better that you tell me that you're just scared to touch it, than an endless back and forth of "no, seriously, this is a problem" and "eh its not that bad". Communication is important, and I hold no ill will against you if certain things are a headache to fix.

Actually I really thought it wasn't that bad, it wasn't an excuse. Only after you reported problems with shooting I've decided it's too much.

To be fair, this is so incredibly small of a bug, compared to the other one I honestly don't give a damn : its still a bug, but its impact on gameplay is extremely negligible

OK, hopefully it's okay now... And not worse...

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 23, 2017, 08:10:24 pm »
Dart pistol is not concealable. Why? Shouldn't all pistols be concealable?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2017, 12:22:37 am »
Dart pistol is not concealable. Why? Shouldn't all pistols be concealable?

Yes, it's a bug. Fixed, thanks.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 26, 2017, 08:11:26 pm »
Enemies killed with blaster pistol may die, leaving no corpse. Is this a bug or intentional behaviour?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 26, 2017, 08:40:37 pm »
Enemies killed with blaster pistol may die, leaving no corpse. Is this a bug or intentional behaviour?

Intentional, they were vapourized beyond of what counts as a recoverable corpse.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 27, 2017, 12:02:40 am »
After "zrbite tank" research finishes, the Ufopedia page is not displayed, and there's no message that zrbite research is unlocked. Bug?

Do I understand correctly, that I also need to capture yet another USO, get its zrbite tank and disassemble it to get any zrbite to research?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 27, 2017, 12:11:56 pm »
I can't remember for sure, but it's likely that the rank is done for after your scientists are finished.

I will check the Ufopaedia problem later.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 27, 2017, 09:46:22 pm »
New version, new bugs!

To start, while you did mention that dart pistols count as concealed now (haven't checked that yet), the Ufopaedia text doesn't say so. Second, I don't have a pic at the moment, but I swear that I could send agents with the Armored Vest uniform in "Osiron 'x'" misions, which I bet it wasn't intended. Third, the "Alien Biochemistry" research is still available to me even though it shouldn't. Fourth, not related to this game but more like probably something I messed up with the mod's installation, but the point is that I had the music of Piratez running instead of the one for X-Files, quite funny.  :)

Lastly, once again there's a research subject I shouldn't have access to that doesn't seem to be finished to boot. Pics attached.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 27, 2017, 10:22:17 pm »
After "zrbite tank" research finishes, the Ufopedia page is not displayed, and there's no message that zrbite research is unlocked. Bug?

Fixed, thanks.

New version, new bugs!

:)

To start, while you did mention that dart pistols count as concealed now (haven't checked that yet), the Ufopaedia text doesn't say so.

True. Fixed.

Second, I don't have a pic at the moment, but I swear that I could send agents with the Armored Vest uniform in "Osiron 'x'" misions, which I bet it wasn't intended.

The ruleset says you shouldn't...
But if you have some new data, please let me know. I could've done something wrong.

Third, the "Alien Biochemistry" research is still available to me even though it shouldn't.

You need Alien Biology and Chief Scientist. I understand you don't?

Fourth, not related to this game but more like probably something I messed up with the mod's installation, but the point is that I had the music of Piratez running instead of the one for X-Files, quite funny.  :)

:)

Lastly, once again there's a research subject I shouldn't have access to that doesn't seem to be finished to boot. Pics attached.

Yes, I fixed it already.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 27, 2017, 11:36:10 pm »
Fixed, thanks.
What should I do then? Wait till the next update where it will become available? Or better avoid researching zrbite tank?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:37:41 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 28, 2017, 12:37:11 am »
Fixed, thanks.
 What should I do then? Wait till the next update where it will become available? Or better avoid researching zrbite tank?

You can research it. Only the Ufopaedia page was linked to STR_ZRBITE, not STR_ZRBITE_TANK. But it won't break a thing.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 29, 2017, 01:01:44 pm »
Agents fall through staircases in the factory.

Load the attached "Walk downstairs.sav" and plot a route down the staircase or just run there — when the agent steps on the stairs she falls down, inside the staircase.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 29, 2017, 02:06:51 pm »
You're right, something's definitely wrong with the terrain. I'm on it.