aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071861 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2017, 03:41:52 pm »
That's odd,  it used to show me a message like this:

[FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
[FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

Oddly enough, I tried it again and now it's not happening anymore.

By the way, has the "Trouble at MAGMA Lab!" been fixed too? That one sometimes repeated itself in the following month despite having won that mission before.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 11, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »
Solar, I didn't have time to properly test a new version, but I noticed that STR_VAMPIRE_CASTLE as well as the related briefings was missing. Was that planned?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #512 on: June 11, 2017, 08:23:33 pm »
By the way, has the "Trouble at MAGMA Lab!" been fixed too? That one sometimes repeated itself in the following month despite having won that mission before.

I'll check.

*checking*

Lol, no, it wasn't fixed. Next time. (For now, you can just go zombie hunting if you like.)

Solar, I didn't have time to properly test a new version, but I noticed that STR_VAMPIRE_CASTLE as well as the related briefings was missing. Was that planned?

This mission doesn't exist yet, so the texts aren't ready yet.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2017, 12:30:34 am »
Yeah, after all she's technically a Zombie.
And Zombies have stun resistance, yeah?  ;D

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2017, 02:11:14 pm »

Lol, no, it wasn't fixed. Next time. (For now, you can just go zombie hunting if you like.)
This mission doesn't exist yet, so the texts aren't ready yet.

God no, never again. Doing that mission at Veteran difficulty was a nightmare: Too many damn Zombies with too much health along with some that can use guns to boot. Either I was supposed to do this at Promotion 3 or with the Skyranger, or the number of enemies in that mission was insane. I won after a long battle, with tons of wounded and spent ammo with not that much gain. I would have expected MAGMA rewarded me for cleaning their shit, but besides looting rights, nothing else happened. I would assume a new "message from MAGMA" congratulating the player would be fine here and fitting.

And Zombies have stun resistance, yeah?  ;D

I was using the Stun Rod, that despite the name uses Electricity damage, which Zombies are vulnerable to. However, the Tomb Guardian was able to outright ignore most of the prodding. It also doesn't help it is an awkward two-handed weapon that needs a lot of TU to work. I need something better soon.

Lastly, speaking of missing texts, the "Messengers of Dagon" research unlocks Deep One rituals, the mission text of which is unfinished and the rewards borked (the Deep One Chieftain doesn't seem to work, and there are "human_Sacrifices" things that do nothing except being vendor trash).
This also kinda happens with the MAGMA LAB mission. Attaching a pic.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:17:38 pm by HumanTraitor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »
I would assume a new "message from MAGMA" congratulating the player would be fine here and fitting.

I guess you're right. I'll write something. :)

I was using the Stun Rod, that despite the name uses Electricity damage, which Zombies are vulnerable to.

Hmmm, I can rename it. :P Tradition though...

However, the Tomb Guardian was able to outright ignore most of the prodding. It also doesn't help it is an awkward two-handed weapon that needs a lot of TU to work. I need something better soon.

Challenges, challenges!

Lastly, speaking of missing texts, the "Messengers of Dagon" research unlocks Deep One rituals, the mission text of which is unfinished and the rewards borked (the Deep One Chieftain doesn't seem to work, and there are "human_Sacrifices" things that do nothing except being vendor trash).

Sorry, what exactly is missing? The Deep Ones Rituals mission looks okay to me.

This also kinda happens with the MAGMA LAB mission. Attaching a pic.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_ZOMBIE_WEAPON
    recover: false

Anyone, please?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 12, 2017, 08:12:35 pm »
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Anyone, please?

STR_ZOMBIE_WEAPON is not ZOMBIE_WEAPON.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2017, 08:22:10 pm »
STR_ZOMBIE_WEAPON is not ZOMBIE_WEAPON.

Yeah, but there is no ZOMBIE_WEAPON in the mod. It was removed.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2017, 09:09:17 pm »
Yeah, but there is no ZOMBIE_WEAPON in the mod. It was removed.

A save to debug would be nice then.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2017, 10:14:49 pm »
I guess you're right. I'll write something. :)
Sorry, what exactly is missing? The Deep Ones Rituals mission looks okay to me.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

In the Deep Ones' Ritual (which I didn't play fully yet, I just wanted to test how it worked), some of the rewards for winning are things that look like that odd "zombie_weapon" thing, but can be sold for money instead.

Also, not sure if it counts for being a bugged save, but in my game I started using the "aliens can recover weapons from the ground" modding option, but eventually disabled it after seeing it did nothing, and also reading here in this board that it wasn't recommended to use this option.

So far the game is working fine though, so it shouldn't be that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2017, 10:55:24 pm »
In the Deep Ones' Ritual (which I didn't play fully yet, I just wanted to test how it worked), some of the rewards for winning are things that look like that odd "zombie_weapon" thing, but can be sold for money instead.

Well, I don't know, maybe your installation is borked... Or there is a weird bug. Can anyone confirm similar effects?

Also, not sure if it counts for being a bugged save, but in my game I started using the "aliens can recover weapons from the ground" modding option, but eventually disabled it after seeing it did nothing, and also reading here in this board that it wasn't recommended to use this option.

It is perfectly fine to use this option, I use it too. Aliens just aren't very good at it.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 14, 2017, 11:51:38 am »
A couple of bugs:

The UFOpedia article "Zrbite tank" crashes the game with a "UFOPEDIA_IMG_ZRBITE_TANK not found" message.

The portrait of the engineer in the article "Micrograv module" is still misplaced. The screenshot is attached.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2017, 12:15:20 pm »
Here's the bug I mentioned about the Deep Ones' Ritual mission. Note that I completed the mission using Ctr+d, Ctr+j to KO all enemies as a way to make it fast, but I hope it is not relevant for the strange items shown here.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 18, 2017, 10:37:43 pm »
Thanks guys, mostly fixed.

As for the Human Sacrifice items, uh... I can't remember what I was thinking. Now it looks just weird to me. I guess it used to exploit some quirk of alien recovery, but it was changed later. I'll rethink this.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 19, 2017, 07:56:13 am »
One more bug: the strings STR_FLYING_SUIT_UFOPEDIA and STR_POWER_SUIT_UFOPEDIA are both repeated two times.