Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071587 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2017, 04:25:03 am »
Having some hidden cells of those groups show up long after you thought they were done could be amusing.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #496 on: June 01, 2017, 06:56:59 pm »
Hello, I'm not sure if it counts as a bug, but the FAMAS rifle has a bit of an odd behavior regarding the Ufopaedia: I've been able to "research" it and acquire it for my soldiers, but it doesn't show its relevant article anywhere. Sometimes it does show up after getting Promotion 2 and "researching" similar weapons.

Yup, it's a bug. The FAMAS article is displayed after you research Steyr, not FAMAS. Fixed now.

Another one which I believe it has been commented is that I'm given the option to investigate a "Zrbite tank"... Without having found said alien material ingame yet.

Eh? It was fixed already. Are you sure you have the newest version?

Having some hidden cells of those groups show up long after you thought they were done could be amusing.

It sorta is already, due to some bugs. :P But no more.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2017, 11:32:23 am »
Sorryl Solarius, I was not being clear: It still shows up in the "manufacture" menu, even though I haven't found that ingame nor can I investigate it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2017, 08:49:01 pm »
Sorryl Solarius, I was not being clear: It still shows up in the "manufacture" menu, even though I haven't found that ingame nor can I investigate it.

Oh! Right.
Yeah, I kinda missed it. :P

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 04, 2017, 07:06:08 am »
Another crash with megaworms.  This crash came up after it approached my agent.  I think it might have been trying to melee.

Edit:  I got a save.  There's one in sight, so you can just run up to it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:10:28 am by LuigiWhatif »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 04, 2017, 12:53:08 pm »
Yeah, I can see the problem. Fix soon.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 05, 2017, 07:09:41 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been reported, but the Deep One Hatchel and Spear have odd sounds upon being used by XCOM units, they sound like a gun being fired rather than stabbing/slashing sounds.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2017, 12:19:32 am »
I'm not sure if this has been reported, but the Deep One Hatchel and Spear have odd sounds upon being used by XCOM units, they sound like a gun being fired rather than stabbing/slashing sounds.

Yes, the hatchet was broken. Spear was fine, though.
Thanks for the report... It looks like people have finally gotten into the T'leth arc. :)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 06, 2017, 04:36:44 pm »
I'm afraid that's not the case yet.  ;) I took the spear and hatchet after a Dagon attack, which was ridiculous from the sheer numbers of enemies running around.

Also, not sure if it's a bug or I don't know how to use them properly, but it seems Scout drones can either shoot smoke grenades or their regular gun, but not both. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong as I'll try to make further tests later on, but the initial impression is that they're not working properly.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 06, 2017, 08:36:00 pm »
I'm afraid that's not the case yet.  ;) I took the spear and hatchet after a Dagon attack, which was ridiculous from the sheer numbers of enemies running around.

And... what's wrong with it?
I mean, something to do with sounds?

Also, not sure if it's a bug or I don't know how to use them properly, but it seems Scout drones can either shoot smoke grenades or their regular gun, but not both. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong as I'll try to make further tests later on, but the initial impression is that they're not working properly.

Smoke???
No such unit in XCF.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 06, 2017, 10:26:31 pm »
And... what's wrong with it?
I mean, something to do with sounds?

Well, nothing wrong with the event itself, it's just that the Hatchet has odd sounds, it sounds like a gun being shot rather than an axe being slashed. It works perfectly in-game though.

Smoke???
No such unit in XCF.

Oh, I get it now. I was confusing the Scout Drone from the one found in the Final Mission Pack, which had the ability of shooting smoke grenades rather than a short-ranged gun, making it vastly more useful. Right now the Drone of X-Files is too expensive and too weak to be worth the price, for not to mention it takes too long to be useful (not until the Dragonfly is unlocked, as the Mudranger seems to be useless, even its flying variant).

However, these aren't technically bugs, so it's okay I guess.  :P

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 07, 2017, 06:46:46 am »
Yes, the hatchet was broken. Spear was fine, though.
Thanks for the report... It looks like people have finally gotten into the T'leth arc. :)
Woah, I started this arc about 2 months ago, but there was nothing wrong AFAIR. Alas, my current job leaves me very little spare time, so I'm stuck in a middle of Church of Dagon High Temple Mission - and (speaking about T'leth and stuff) in the very beginning of making my own TFTD rework ;D The last event exactly from T'leth arc that I can remember was Ritual Mass Murder - it felt like a mixture of monster hunt in a farm village and generic alien terror mission  8) But broken hatchet... can't remember how could it be broken. Spear was fine, yeah, but I sold it immediatly after this mission ;D

Speaking about drone - I haven't used it very much. I had one attached to my assault squad at some point but found that human scout is somewhat better. That's why this little piece of electronics ended up in a monster hunter squad - and "was a zombie" after being hit but Zombie Infector (I reported this bug some time ago) ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2017, 07:13:55 am »
But broken hatchet... can't remember how could it be broken. Spear was fine, yeah, but I sold it immediatly after this mission ;D

Nothing serious, it just had a wrong sound associated with stabbing.

Speaking about drone - I haven't used it very much. I had one attached to my assault squad at some point but found that human scout is somewhat better. That's why this little piece of electronics ended up in a monster hunter squad - and "was a zombie" after being hit but Zombie Infector (I reported this bug some time ago) ;D

Haha, yeah... It's fixed now! :)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 11, 2017, 01:09:34 pm »
Well, that was fast, I didn't expect you to update so soon.

However, while I didn't have the time to check the patch fully, I found a bug with the Zombie catacombs that still persists even after patching. The game complains about "segment error" or something like that and it kicks me out of the game, this happened after trying to kill a few zombies with explosives.

I'll attach my save.

Also, not exactly a bug but, I found the level is curiously empty, with not too many enemies, be it to create atmosphere or because it is incomplete, and the Tomb Guardian is ridiculously hard to knock out but not so to kill, which is bad as I wanted to interrogate her. Only the stun rod and some lucky shooting  managed to incapacitate her. Is that intentional? This is before the patch, so I dunno if it still happens.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 11, 2017, 01:20:06 pm »
Well, that was fast, I didn't expect you to update so soon.

However, while I didn't have the time to check the patch fully, I found a bug with the Zombie catacombs that still persists even after patching. The game complains about "segment error" or something like that and it kicks me out of the game, this happened after trying to kill a few zombies with explosives.

I'll attach my save.

OK, so what is crashing? I ended the turn, there were explosions, everything's fine.

Also, not exactly a bug but, I found the level is curiously empty, with not too many enemies, be it to create atmosphere or because it is incomplete, and the Tomb Guardian is ridiculously hard to knock out but not so to kill, which is bad as I wanted to interrogate her. Only the stun rod and some lucky shooting  managed to incapacitate her. Is that intentional? This is before the patch, so I dunno if it still happens.

Yeah, after all she's technically a Zombie.