Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071701 times)

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2565 on: July 29, 2020, 09:36:25 pm »
I've whipped up a PR on GitHub that should fix both of those problems, so merging it will squash the bug there for good.

Just making sure you saw this- here's a link to the PR if you need it. GitHub says it can be merged at any time. Oh, and please pardon my atrocious taste in usernames.

https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/pull/103

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2566 on: August 02, 2020, 12:33:14 pm »
I suggest Muton Elite, that worked for EU2012 and it'll work here too. Or Elite Praetorian, it'll fit in with the leader class being called Praetorians.

All right, will roll with that.

For the black spheres, I could imagine them acting as a key of some kind leading to the stronghold of the Cult's demonic masters or perhaps the secret to how the cult can open hell portals, with the general gist from there being that cutting off the Cult's ability to call up the legions of hell will leave them as nothing more than a pack of disorganized thugs.

Maybe. I need to further develop the other leg first (UAC!).

Also  after the final Cult of Apocalypse mission  I suggest adding commentary from staff of choice along the lines of "maybe now those monsters will stick to torturing bad dead people instead of good living ones".

:)

P.S. Have you considered adding something we could spend lots of money on in the late game to endgame? I'm sitting on what was a 9-figure balance last time I checked and there's nothing useful I could spend it on- as much as I like the buffer for when most of my funders get infiltrated and I use up my last decrypted key, it's a little embarrassing to have so much money.

I haven't come up with anything yet. At some point money becomes irrelevant (this is an issue with every X-Com mod), so I'm not too worried...

ADDENDUM:
From the changes you made to the Assault Plasma Grenade, line 11842 of items_XCOMFILES.rul:

I don't know about you, but the Assault Plasma's Elerium Grenade still should not be classified as a shotgun, a sonic weapon, or usable underwater. You might want to go and fix it again. At that matter, the regular Assault Plasma clip has STR_LAND listed twice on it.  I've whipped up a PR on GitHub that should fix both of those problems, so merging it will squash the bug there for good.

Thank you! Merged.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 06, 2020, 04:42:05 pm »
The Original Member commendation says it improves all stats except bravery, but Psi Skill isn't listed in the stats for nerds. Is it really missing, or a typo?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 06, 2020, 05:51:31 pm »
The Original Member commendation says it improves all stats except bravery, but Psi Skill isn't listed in the stats for nerds. Is it really missing, or a typo?

As far as I understand it, you cannot increase your psi skill before you start actually training it. So I'd imagine that you'll get the bonus after the agent becomes a psionic. Still, this needs to be confirmed.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: August 06, 2020, 05:57:09 pm »
As far as I understand it, you cannot increase your psi skill before you start actually training it. So I'd imagine that you'll get the bonus after the agent becomes a psionic. Still, this needs to be confirmed.

confirmed

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 11, 2020, 05:30:34 pm »
I guess I should write here. When you first realize the Syndicate exists, their description show in Ufopedia, and in it it says it controls Blackops Industries from the let go. But about 5 months later I've assualted their offices and got a disc. When I research it (named Syndicate Operations) the Intelligence woman acts surprised that Syndicate controls BlackOps.

It's not that big of a deal but I suggest either it's better it doesn't say this fact in the first report or in the floppy research the woman is not surprised and says now we have proof or something similar.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 12, 2020, 12:07:32 pm »
Heh, good point... How did it happen?

Many thanks!

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 17, 2020, 10:57:22 pm »
Looking through the commendations.rul, I noticed the taser cannon is not considered for the incapacitator award.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 18, 2020, 11:53:16 am »
Why do Land Surveys (presumably sea surveys too) have a sell price of 40000?

I think it should be 0. Whether you got it from an event or purchased it, the expedition had already went. The die is cast.

Whatever is in the "Land Survey" crate is all you should get, no refunds, no selling of the *Mystery box* for tens of thousands of dollars.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:55:25 am by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 18, 2020, 03:54:55 pm »
Looking through the commendations.rul, I noticed the taser cannon is not considered for the incapacitator award.

Good catch. Fixed.

Why do Land Surveys (presumably sea surveys too) have a sell price of 40000?

I think it should be 0. Whether you got it from an event or purchased it, the expedition had already went. The die is cast.

Whatever is in the "Land Survey" crate is all you should get, no refunds, no selling of the *Mystery box* for tens of thousands of dollars.

Well, some results are somewhat valuable... I just don't want to be too mean. I guess there's a market for these.

But you're right, I'll make it cheaper to sell.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: August 18, 2020, 09:22:33 pm »
Well, some results are somewhat valuable... I just don't want to be too mean. I guess there's a market for these.

But you're right, I'll make it cheaper to sell.

It is rolling the dice and seeing what comes. It is fine to have both valuable and meaningless results. I don't try to be mean either. :)

For me, it doesn't make sense to sell the Land Survey item itself. I don't imagine that there is an actual bag named Land survey.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 21, 2020, 12:30:59 pm »
Okay, I guess there's no denying that... I'll change it.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 23, 2020, 09:15:44 am »
Okay, I guess there's no denying that... I'll change it.

In the small chance that you misunderstood me, I am not complaining about the buy price at all. It is fine at 50 000.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: August 23, 2020, 12:24:01 pm »
In the small chance that you misunderstood me, I am not complaining about the buy price at all. It is fine at 50 000.

Right, right :)

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 26, 2020, 10:33:02 am »
I have a lighting bug to report.

In the attached savefile, there is a road west of the Skymarshall. There are poles around it, with what looks like lamps, but they are not glowing.