Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071787 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2475 on: June 12, 2020, 06:21:07 pm »
I just did the Gertrude Ellison mission and the whole Abductor UFO only accounted for 5 alloys. Is this intended?

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: June 13, 2020, 11:19:26 am »
Might be, since it's so short.

Have you tried from different angles? Were you attacking diagonally?
I tried another angle, didn't work. I don't think I was attacking it diagonally.

Another strange thing in a Chtonite minibase assault, nearly all enemies are in a isolated section of the map.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: June 17, 2020, 09:31:14 am »
Cross-posting this from my other thread, as I had the impression it was supposed to have been fixed.

I got the Hell Cruise mission before completing the asylum one...AGAIN. I thought it might be because the release with the fix isn't public yet, but even after manually bringing up my game to the latest version on Github, the game still makes the mission appear.

Until the fix is properly done, is there a way to forcibly make the game forget it tried to run the mission so it has a chance of appearing again? I'm sure it involves editing the save but can't figure out which part to change.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: June 17, 2020, 12:02:30 pm »
but even after manually bringing up my game to the latest version on Github, the game still makes the mission appear.

Is that with a new save or are you loading your old one?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2479 on: June 17, 2020, 04:47:35 pm »
About not hitting, I have had trouble with Neural whips.
They do the hit animation and sound, but it according to the hit log, it is never a hit, or even a "0".

Possible reason:
It has powerRangeReduction=999,  but powerRangeTreshold=0. So at 1 tile away, power is 70-999=-929.

But it has maxRange: 3.

Also, where did you get "powerRangeTreshold" from? Such a flag doesn't even exist.

Anyway, I haven't noticed or heard of this effect. Sorry, for assuming, but maybe you just used it on a shielded enemy?

Is the mortar's accuracy modifier supposed to be affected by psionic strength? I can't tell if it's a bug or just an odd design choice, but asking here just to be safe.

Yes. It represents mental stuff.

I just did the Gertrude Ellison mission and the whole Abductor UFO only accounted for 5 alloys. Is this intended?

No, it's a bug... Thanks for the report.

I tried another angle, didn't work. I don't think I was attacking it diagonally.

Another strange thing in a Chtonite minibase assault, nearly all enemies are in a isolated section of the map.

Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep over this map.
I fixed this back in 1.3.2!!! At least I THOUGHT SO!

Cross-posting this from my other thread, as I had the impression it was supposed to have been fixed.

I got the Hell Cruise mission before completing the asylum one...AGAIN. I thought it might be because the release with the fix isn't public yet, but even after manually bringing up my game to the latest version on Github, the game still makes the mission appear.

Until the fix is properly done, is there a way to forcibly make the game forget it tried to run the mission so it has a chance of appearing again? I'm sure it involves editing the save but can't figure out which part to change.

Code: [Select]
  - type: drHadriexCruise
    firstMonth: 0
    executionOdds: 40
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE: 100
    regionWeights:
      0:
        REGION_DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE: 100
    useTable: false
    maxRuns: 1
    varName: DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE
    researchTriggers:
      STR_DOSSIER_DR_HADRIEX: true
      STR_MILESTONE_2_SUMMARY: true
      STR_ASYLUM_APPARITIONS_COMPLETED: true
    startDelay: 20
    randomDelay: 43500

It really, really shouldn't run before completing the Asylum...

I suppose it's still the same month for you, so it gets chosen anyway (as missions are generated at the beginning of the month). You'd have to load an older save, or remove the scheduled mission from your save.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: June 17, 2020, 04:56:06 pm »
Is that with a new save or are you loading your old one?

The latter, because I didn't realize that it wouldn't affect the mission if it was already generated.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: June 17, 2020, 05:04:48 pm »
But it has maxRange: 3.

Also, where did you get "powerRangeTreshold" from? Such a flag doesn't even exist.

Anyway, I haven't noticed or heard of this effect. Sorry, for assuming, but maybe you just used it on a shielded enemy?

I got it from Info tab, with Debug and Defaults turned on. Without Debug turned on, the flag's name is "Power red. treshold".
The pickaxe has this flag set to 3.

Also, I tested it in quick battle by having two human agents in suit whip each other,. Not that it matters, since hits against shielded foes register as "0" on the hit log, while the neural whip never registers as "hit", "HIT" or "0".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: June 17, 2020, 05:15:12 pm »
I got it from Info tab, with Debug and Defaults turned on. Without Debug turned on, the flag's name is "Power red. treshold".

Ah, powerRangeThreshold! No wonder I couldn't find it. :P

But for example the taser has

Code: [Select]
    maxRange: 5
    powerRangeReduction: 999

with no powerRangeThreshold defined, yet it works just fine... I don't get this.

Also, I tested it in quick battle by having two human agents in suit whip each other,. Not that it matters, since hits against shielded foes register as "0" on the hit log, while the neural whip never registers as "hit", "HIT" or "0".

I also tried and the target takes damage.

EDIT: But not the right kind of damage. It shouldn't kill easily.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 05:19:15 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: June 17, 2020, 05:46:59 pm »
I misread it.

I even tried alt-aiming it, to see possible damage. While the Taser Pistol shows 0-88 everywhere (way further than those 5 tiles), Neural Whip shows 0-140 in wielder's column and 0-0 elsewhere. But it does not hit in wielder's column either. I tested that with flying suits.

I just realised something. Taser Pistol has it's powerRangeReduction on the weapon, rather than the ammo. So it may not actually drop the power at all.

Tested this by hitting an agent from 6 tiles away and still stunning him.

But if Neural Whip works at your computer but not at mine, then I have no idea what is going on.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: June 17, 2020, 06:09:38 pm »
Of course powerRangeReduction is on the weapon, where else?

Anyway, check the GitHub release, should be fine now.

And just to emphasize: THIS WEAPON WORKS AND HAS WORKED BEFORE, IT WAS ONLY TOO LETHAL. I checked myself this afternoon.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: June 18, 2020, 03:49:03 pm »
where is my topic i wrote yesterday ?

theme was:  actively guided "bullets", respective´ly  "winged" munitions, active-guiding-winged projectiles (of medium an bigger calibers ~~7,62 ~ 12,7 mm ++, ++.. ), with actively guiding toward LASER aim

projectile with small "guiding, driving" wings along almost its whole lenght (well, more than half of its lengh) :

https://defense-update.com/20101231_exacto_31122010.html

and suggestion was, is - even more accurancy, & lethal´ly weapon, especially bigger guns of bigger calibers  ~~  all sniper rifles, and any heavier machine guns, and auto-cannons
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:32:53 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: June 18, 2020, 04:56:26 pm »
where is my topic i wrote yesterday ?

Apparently deleted by the administrator, as per my report (incoherent rambling spam).

theme was:  actively guided "bullets", respective´ly  "winged" munitions with actively guiding toward LASER aim
[/quote]

Blaster Launcher? Mind Missile? Advanced Rocket Launcher in general?

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: June 19, 2020, 05:44:24 pm »
Apparently deleted by the administrator, as per my report (incoherent rambling spam).

Blaster Launcher? Mind Missile? Advanced Rocket Launcher in general?

I think he might have meant that in terms of regular guns rather than rockets...although seeing as though they would be virtually unable to miss if guided properly yet lacking the capability to wipe out your own squad if guided wrong, I get the feeling such a possibility would be a migraine to balance. In any case, I'd also suggest he learn how to type in English before he makes any further suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:13:56 am by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 01, 2020, 08:17:15 pm »
Again, not sure if this is a bug but I guess I should ask anyway. Is the HUMVEE supposed to have a weapon slot that it can't actually equip anything to? Granted, I seriously doubt it would be able to shoot down anything even if it could use a weapon, but it doesn't make sense for it to have a slot it can't use.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 01, 2020, 08:41:31 pm »
Yes, it's supposed to have it. Yes, it's probably pointless.