aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071741 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1935 on: August 18, 2019, 04:18:11 pm »
Mission "Cyberweb Heist". When my craft had reached destination point the game was crashed with following error.
See second post from the top on the preceeding page and my follow-up. Cause is that items are spawned out of bounds. You can fix this yourself by editing the terrains_XCOMFILES.rul - the entry in question starts at line 8975.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: August 20, 2019, 02:29:26 am »
so i researched & produced tritanium magnum ammo.
but it doesn't have an ufopedia entry it seems.
how much dmg does it do?

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: August 20, 2019, 05:22:35 am »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 05:31:53 am by Lohland »

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: August 20, 2019, 04:41:17 pm »
I've been getting crashed with missions in America, no crash messages, just the windows has stopped responding, these are missions that I have done before as well, a sinister clinic and a medium Hybrid convoy
EDIT:
This happened when I shot a large rocket into a sinister clinic
EDIT 2:
These two battleships have been landed for months, This happened when America Signed the pact with the aliens. (SOLVED) these seem to be MIB UFO's that appear to be bases?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:35:26 pm by Thunderwing280 »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: August 21, 2019, 01:46:57 am »
interesting. i was looking for a page update like that, but its not displayed for me. (Language is english)
neither regular not blackops magnum.
successfully produced (and used) a tritanium magnum clip, but the ufopedia does not display it there.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:01:38 am by TheCurse »

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 21, 2019, 04:32:30 am »
successfully produced (and used) a tritanium magnum clip, but the ufopedia does not display it there.
Well, my record didn’t appear immediately, but after studying the production of a certain number of other cartridges from tritanium

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 21, 2019, 10:27:38 am »
Sometimes when intercepting a UFO, in the item "height" this appears: STR_AIRBONE. In the game files, I could not find this line. What does this mean?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: August 21, 2019, 04:33:33 pm »
It is a text string from TFTD, indicating that a submarine is airborne (e.g. you can not intercept it).

Not sure why it pops up in your installation since that string is not used by the X-COM files (according to a search on the github project page).

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 23, 2019, 03:07:49 pm »
I've captured tritanium ammo for BlackOps weapons from MiB unit, but still have no option to research it. The same situation was when I was playing 0.9.9d. Is it bug or a feature? :o

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 23, 2019, 04:39:15 pm »
I've captured tritanium ammo for BlackOps weapons from MiB unit, but still have no option to research it. The same situation was when I was playing 0.9.9d. Is it bug or a feature? :o
What does the tech tree have to say about that? Do you have awll the necessary research/facilities/etc.?

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 23, 2019, 07:08:12 pm »
What does the tech tree have to say about that? Do you have awll the necessary research/facilities/etc.?

Whops, sorry... Its characteristics automatically appereared in Ufopaedia :D
Still I don't know where to get Syndicate's disc to produce such ammo. I've assaulted several warehouses and laboratories but didn't obtain it. Same shit was in 0.9.9d. November 1999, I'm already learned laser weps, but still don't know advanced ammo for basic kinetic weapons. Don't you think it's a bit strange, heh? :-\

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 23, 2019, 10:33:13 pm »
Whops, sorry... Its characteristics automatically appereared in Ufopaedia :D
Still I don't know where to get Syndicate's disc to produce such ammo. I've assaulted several warehouses and laboratories but didn't obtain it. Same shit was in 0.9.9d. November 1999, I'm already learned laser weps, but still don't know advanced ammo for basic kinetic weapons. Don't you think it's a bit strange, heh? :-\
Depends on your progression. Sounds like your either missing research in the syndicate arc you made a choice not to pursue it further. Also, coming from 0.9.8 (or earlier, i've had that savegame for quite a while) starting over in 0.9.9 had me a bit stumped as to how you're supposed to progress to laser&blaster weapons. Seems it has changed quite a bit (alien vocabulary etc.).

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 23, 2019, 10:55:09 pm »
Depends on your progression. Sounds like your either missing research in the syndicate arc you made a choice not to pursue it further. Also, coming from 0.9.8 (or earlier, i've had that savegame for quite a while) starting over in 0.9.9 had me a bit stumped as to how you're supposed to progress to laser&blaster weapons. Seems it has changed quite a bit (alien vocabulary etc.).
What segment of Cyndicates's arc do you mean? I need to solve monster problem? I do not complete it because of good farming of experience for the rookies :)  If it needs to complete for the uncovering 'disc mission', I'll do it.
And what about laser weapons... It's not so difficult to reserach, it does not demand alien vocabulary. I have 8 bases now 4 of them fully builded with all available scientific structures. So the reseraching running on average speed.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 23, 2019, 11:59:15 pm »
Maybe i'm confusing some research, but i remember having a really hard time getting the elerium battery/prerequisites for laser+blaster weapons. As for Tritanium ammo i'm not really sure tbh, since i'm running a submod that enables some more manufacturing options and research branches. From looking at the rul file, it apparently requires Syndicate Operations along with alloy ammo and the weapon/ammo in question. I think you get the Floppy from one of the lab/high-rise assaults? I'm having trouble disentangling the map&mission scripts, since i can't find which of those actually links to/uses the CORP_PHASE_1 terrain that contains the floppy, but i think you need to research Syndicate Network to get that mission to spawn.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: August 24, 2019, 05:24:55 am »
Maybe i'm confusing some research, but i remember having a really hard time getting the elerium battery/prerequisites for laser+blaster weapons. As for Tritanium ammo i'm not really sure tbh, since i'm running a submod that enables some more manufacturing options and research branches. From looking at the rul file, it apparently requires Syndicate Operations along with alloy ammo and the weapon/ammo in question. I think you get the Floppy from one of the lab/high-rise assaults? I'm having trouble disentangling the map&mission scripts, since i can't find which of those actually links to/uses the CORP_PHASE_1 terrain that contains the floppy, but i think you need to research Syndicate Network to get that mission to spawn.
I've learned Syn Network at the end of 1998... It seems the crappy random isn't on my side. :(