Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1061104 times)

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1920 on: August 06, 2019, 07:42:37 pm »
Just got a red dawn base mission, some weeks after i stormed their HQ and terminated them.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: August 08, 2019, 08:05:04 pm »
Just had a crash on cyverweb heist mission, it says object spawns outside map bounds. Spawned in Rocky Mountains if the moíuntain terrain could be the cause.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 09, 2019, 01:12:34 am »
The Kukri is handled as a firearm with a range of 1, not as a melee weapon. Is this intended?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 09, 2019, 03:32:35 pm »
Just had a crash on cyverweb heist mission, it says object spawns outside map bounds. Spawned in Rocky Mountains if the moíuntain terrain could be the cause.
Can confirm:
Code: [Select]
[09-08-2019_14-31-19] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Random item STR_SONIC_PISTOL is outside of map block STORMMOUNTAIN04, position: [12,6,0], block size: [10,10,4]
I'd ask if this is intended, but i'd guess it's not ;)

EDIT:
Unless i'm misunderstanding how coordinates work, placement of the items also seems off. As far as i can tell they spawn on floor 0 (i.e. ground floor) - shouldn't they spawn on floor 1, the small storage room above (i.e. 3, 4, 1 or 4, 3, 1)?

Also, some of the terrain tiles in that mapset have no defined ground/ground object, so they don't get revealed unless you're standing directly on them:

As far as i can tell that is the only block in the set that has missing surface tiles, but STORMMOUNTAIN02 can lead to somewhat...interesting...map geometries:

I think the easiest solution might be to just fill in that area and remove the spawn point. As as sidenote, you can also become stuck in that room if you fall down into it from one of the airducts(?) on the level above.

EDIT:
Just noticed this:
The inventory position of the sprites for blackops rifle clips and tritanium rifle clips are one or two pixels off.

EDIT2:
Heavy Tactical Suit and Heavy Tritanium Suit share the same drawbacks, despite the later supposedly being easier to use due to it's reduced weight. Is this intended?

EDIT3:
This might've already been reported, but some of the paperdolls don't quite match up with the overlaying armor:

EDIT4:
MIB bases/mission sites (connected to alien embassies?) show up as UFOs, not as ground mission sites. They also have associated briefings.

EDIT5:
Alien Laser Rifle can be manufactured by researching Laser Weapons, actually researching the rifle isn't required. Is this intended?

EDIT6:
Researching Alien Origins after researching a (Sectoid) Leader did not unlock the "Alien leader is researched" prerequesite. Is this intended? I don't remember running into this bug before, but there seem to have been some changes in the last updates regarding research progression. Do i need to interrogate another leader?

EDIT7:
I recently encountered Shamblers in the caves/underdark. I haven't had a look at the spawn list, but what exactely are shamblers - who are manufactered by the Syndicate iirc and home to cold climates - doing in the caves?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:34:46 pm by krautbernd »

Offline thisnameismeta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 14, 2019, 02:42:22 pm »
Iceland along with some of the other new countries can start the game with zero funding, which in turn keeps them at 0 funding for the entire game as finding increases are percentage based. I've seen this behavior for at the very least Iceland and New Zealand, but it probably can occur for any of the new super low finding nations.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 14, 2019, 03:03:19 pm »
UFO subtypes can be gotten for free from alien data slates, but in order to decrypt them the topic itself needs to be researched first (as it's a prerequesite for alien vocabulary, which again needs to be researched for alien encryption).

Solarius, I think understand what you were going for with the vocabulary&encryption stuff, but at this point the data slate becomes kind of pointless, since by the time you have researched the necessary topics to break the encryption, you're bound to have unlock a lot of the topics the slate is supposed to contain.

Also, while the vocabulary article mentions that you're now able 'to ask better question', none of the unlock research topics are connected to interrogations - it's only the data slate encryption and the embassy key. This seems kind of strange. Maybe instead of locking encryption behind vocabulary, lock some of the more advanced topics gained by interrogation behind it, but also make them unlockable by decrpyting the data slate?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 04:53:31 pm by krautbernd »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: August 15, 2019, 03:30:58 am »
EDIT4:
MIB bases/mission sites (connected to alien embassies?) show up as UFOs, not as ground mission sites. They also have associated briefings.
Last time I reported that, Solarius said it's a leftover from when missions couldn't start without UFOs. Promised to fix it, when he gets to overhaul MiB.

EDIT7:
I recently encountered Shamblers in the caves/underdark. I haven't had a look at the spawn list, but what exactely are shamblers - who are manufactered by the Syndicate iirc and home to cold climates - doing in the caves?
The "Hidden Caves" article says that the hidden caves were found by studying migration of spider and shamblers. Average temperature of RL caves varies from ≲+10C to ~+15C, with +5C uncommon, but possible. I think, +10C is fine for polar sloths.

Offline sirelroy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Error loading save
« Reply #1927 on: August 15, 2019, 06:20:25 am »
So I've gotten pretty far, but I tried to re-enter my X-files savegame on a Reptoid Assassination Mission, and received the following error:

"yaml-cpp: error at line 193618, column 16: unknown escape character:"

I don't have any autosaves to go back to, and I tried redownloading Xcom, as well as the newest mod version, and still got the same error. Thoughts?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: August 15, 2019, 10:38:28 am »
The "Hidden Caves" article says that the hidden caves were found by studying migration of spider and shamblers. Average temperature of RL caves varies from ≲+10C to ~+15C, with +5C uncommon, but possible. I think, +10C is fine for polar sloths.
Crap, you're right, i didn't remember that the article mentions shamblers. Scratch that.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Error loading save
« Reply #1929 on: August 15, 2019, 11:29:56 am »
So I've gotten pretty far, but I tried to re-enter my X-files savegame on a Reptoid Assassination Mission, and received the following error:

"yaml-cpp: error at line 193618, column 16: unknown escape character:"

I don't have any autosaves to go back to, and I tried redownloading Xcom, as well as the newest mod version, and still got the same error. Thoughts?

Upload the save file maybe?

Offline sirelroy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Error loading save
« Reply #1930 on: August 15, 2019, 04:32:16 pm »
Upload the save file maybe?

Sure thing.

Of note, not long before this happened, my computer force exited out of the game without saving. Then I found the settings had reset, making me reapply the mod my game settings again.  But I could still play the mission. But when I left and came back one more time, this happened.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: August 15, 2019, 04:55:42 pm »
That file looks truncated at the line where yaml-cpp errors out.

I disabled the last (incomplete node) in the attached save, but i am pretty sure it will be in an incomplete state.
It might work but expect weird errors.

Alternatively you might be able to delete all battle related information from the save in order to simulate a geoscape-one.
Unfortunately my knowledge in that area is seriously lacking so you should consult someone with more knowledge (for instance if such an action is possible at all, based on your save).

good luck

p.s. this is generally why i would never recommend ironman, it limits your recovery options.

Offline sirelroy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: August 15, 2019, 09:28:12 pm »
That file looks truncated at the line where yaml-cpp errors out.

I disabled the last (incomplete node) in the attached save, but i am pretty sure it will be in an incomplete state.
It might work but expect weird errors.

Alternatively you might be able to delete all battle related information from the save in order to simulate a geoscape-one.
Unfortunately my knowledge in that area is seriously lacking so you should consult someone with more knowledge (for instance if such an action is possible at all, based on your save).

good luck

p.s. this is generally why i would never recommend ironman, it limits your recovery options.

Thanks so much! That seems to have worked pretty well. The mission itself was ruined (I lost the vehicle and some gear - thankfully it was a rookie D team in a truck with only concealable stuff), but all the agents were fine, and everything seems okay on the Geoscape and in another mission. You're the best!

It would have been quite the blow to lose the whole playthrough - this is quite the long (and really great) mod! I'll definitely periodically copy the save file elsewhere to keep this from happening again.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: August 17, 2019, 03:28:57 am »
Roboturrets are bugged atm, you can't actually load the ammunition into the weapon, as both items are fixed and you can't access the inventory of the drone either.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: August 18, 2019, 03:22:22 pm »
Mission "Cyberweb Heist". When my craft had reached destination point the game was crashed with following error.