Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1198639 times)

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #4155 on: June 08, 2024, 08:09:55 pm »
Just got this crash message out of nowhere, note that I've already completed the hideout mission years ago. The Autosave is a few days before the crash.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 08:19:28 pm by Thunderwing280 »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: June 08, 2024, 08:58:03 pm »
This bug in region zones was reported two weeks ago in this thread. You'll need to use the GIT snapshot or delete a line from regions_XCOMFILES.rul. Maybe you could just replace the file with the one from the snapshot: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/1dc9dc8e03ca4d76beccd25870dec74fcd5c7740/Ruleset/regions_XCOMFILES.rul

Offline CrazedHarpooner

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: June 08, 2024, 09:12:40 pm »
Note that the file change will only work for future mission generations and the save would still require editing to either remove that iteration of the mission entirely, or change the region selection to any of the regions that have a zone 5.

Offline dmitryme

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: June 12, 2024, 11:24:14 pm »
I've found that the game crashes when I access "Zombie Trooper Combat Analysis" page in uefopedia. You probably can reproduce it if you load my save (attached), go to "Uefopedia" -> "Enemies & allies" -> "Zombie Trooper Combat Analysis". I run X-Com-Files 3.3 on OXCE 7.12.

P.S. This mod is absolutely awesome!

Offline CrazedHarpooner

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: June 13, 2024, 12:28:50 am »
This issue can be replicated from the New Battle too. Select any mission and choose zombies as the hostile faction, you can now MMB on any zombie to bring up the unit image, then MMB on the center part of image to get the "combat analysis" of the selected zombie type, from here just click on the next pedia entry button until you reach the Zombie Trooper pages and once you try to go over its combat analysis it will crash with the error.

Looks like the issue is a missing sprite declaration in extraSprites for inventory_ZOMBIE_TROOPER

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4160 on: June 13, 2024, 08:32:02 pm »
Yes, sorry about that. I fixed it already some time ago, but the next release is still far off, so I recommend using the GitHub version.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: June 15, 2024, 01:55:22 pm »
Not really a bug (or complaint) but wondering why hidden movement takes so long for missions like 'Military anti matter, gang wars, Monsters vs. citizens" ?
And is there anything I can do to speed it up ? Maybe increase 'player movement" in settings.

1st turn is a killer, takes almost 2 minutes of waiting.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: June 15, 2024, 02:35:37 pm »
There's a metric crapton of enemies and neutrals, on a larger-than-usual map, I'd guess. I doubt you can do much to speed it up, but this is just an opinion with nothing to back it up.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: June 15, 2024, 03:55:14 pm »
There's a metric crapton of enemies and neutrals, on a larger-than-usual map, I'd guess. I doubt you can do much to speed it up, but this is just an opinion with nothing to back it up.

It's a good theory. Normally hidden movement is only from your one enemy. These type of missions.. They are both taking turns. You essentially have 3 sides taking turns.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: June 15, 2024, 05:51:14 pm »
And if you look at the phases of hidden movement (with the new OXCE "thinking" feature and/or debug mode), each faction actually has multiple movement and action phases, not just one.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: June 15, 2024, 06:28:24 pm »
I haven't seen anything like that. Tried a Gang War Quick Battle just to be sure, and there was only one red bar filling up. And when it was full, the civvie gangsters got their lime bar, and then it was X-Com again.

I don't recall something like that from my experience with debug mode, either.

Are you perhaps using BOXCE?

Edit: Tried the first turn of QB Gang War with debug mode, and no phases there, either. Most of the gangers took their turns in order, although some delayed part of their turn to later on. Higher ranks seemed to move later, but not exclusively so.

So, I'm not sure where you got that idea. Do you have evidence to support it? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 06:34:24 pm by Juku121 »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: June 15, 2024, 06:40:02 pm »
Edit: Tried the first turn of QB Gang War with debug mode, and no phases there, either. Most of the gangers took their turns in order, although some delayed part of their turn to later on. Higher ranks seemed to move later, but not exclusively so.

So, I'm not sure where you got that idea. Do you have evidence to support it? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

I think I partially misspoke and partially was ambigous. I was referring to the behaviour you also saw, i.e., units delaying part of their turn to later on, leading to the units moving in multiple phases within the faction turn. I may have misremembered the 'thinking' behavior.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: June 17, 2024, 07:13:54 pm »
Is it normal for the golden statue to not be there on Church of Dagon HQ mission ?
I actually went to down to the lower section of the church (stone pyramid structure) and didn't see it there, got back and no research pop for it either.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4168 on: June 17, 2024, 07:39:50 pm »
Is it normal for the golden statue to not be there on Church of Dagon HQ mission ?
I actually went to down to the lower section of the church (stone pyramid structure) and didn't see it there, got back and no research pop for it either.

Definitely not. Maybe you blew it up? (It's really sturdy, but who knows)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: June 17, 2024, 08:15:54 pm »
Definitely not. Maybe you blew it up? (It's really sturdy, but who knows)

Not really sure what's going on. In text file (save game file under ITEMS) I can see "STR_DAGON_STATUE 1".
But it wasn't popping in research. I added it to discovered items by editing save game and it showed in research instantly.

So all good but think this is not the first time this has happened, it was why I mentioned it. Though before I wanna say it happened during Black lotus HQ. I got never got the generator, had to do the mission a second time it and worked that time.