Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1310469 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #4170 on: June 19, 2024, 05:29:25 pm »
Not really sure what's going on. In text file (save game file under ITEMS) I can see "STR_DAGON_STATUE 1".
But it wasn't popping in research. I added it to discovered items by editing save game and it showed in research instantly.

So all good but think this is not the first time this has happened, it was why I mentioned it. Though before I wanna say it happened during Black lotus HQ. I got never got the generator, had to do the mission a second time it and worked that time.

Ah, you were probably missing the Eldritch Language.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: June 20, 2024, 12:30:38 am »
I'll check.

Another strange one is after david Vincent mission, MIB scientist and MIB Assault solder become available for research. Even if i add no scientist to them and just add them to research, they are almost instantly completed 9with no assigned scientists). Populating nothing.

This happened to me a few times now. It's always early game (around 1999) when you get your first or second MIB mission. In this case it was a strange life forms mission, i show up and it's a small MIB craft loaded with assassins and scientist, a pilot or two.

Get back to base to research and 2 of them pop for research, a day later nothing returns. just a complete message for research but no info.

In Save game file, you can see "cost" is zero. So nothing can be spent to research.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: June 20, 2024, 11:52:49 am »
@Chuckebaby: Good point!

It appears that these research projects have no function, so I removed them.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: June 20, 2024, 08:00:16 pm »
getting a crash for Natasha population I believe. Anyway to fix this in text file ?

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: June 20, 2024, 08:08:07 pm »
getting a crash for Natasha population I believe. Anyway to fix this in text file ?

That's been fixed in the github version

github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: June 20, 2024, 09:25:02 pm »
That's been fixed in the github version

github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles
Thanks. It was regions.XCOMFILES
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 09:37:11 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: June 20, 2024, 09:35:37 pm »
This bug in region zones was reported two weeks ago in this thread. You'll need to use the GIT snapshot or delete a line from regions_XCOMFILES.rul. Maybe you could just replace the file with the one from the snapshot: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/1dc9dc8e03ca4d76beccd25870dec74fcd5c7740/Ruleset/regions_XCOMFILES.rul

Still having an issue after replacing github Regions file. .
I think I have to fix my saved game file first because I still keep getting the crash. Any idea ???

Fixed by removing Natasha mission from the save game file.

One thing I've noticed about this game is sometimes you have to figure things out for yourself.
This community has been so helpful but sometimes you need to get your hands dirty and experiment.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 02:25:14 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile

Offline Kekistanian222

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: June 20, 2024, 10:41:03 pm »
I think the monthly rating might be bugged?

I last played the mod properly couple years ago. Now that I downloaded the newest version, it is impossible to get through the first couple months since the monthly rating just keeps going down. Even tho I fail no missions, my score is positive and the game is going well, the rating just drops during the first briefing. All the countries are mad and are reducing the funding, and then after the second one its pretty much a instant fail with close to a -2000 rating.

I get no strange creature missions, only ones involving a couple of cultists from different cults.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: June 21, 2024, 08:20:17 am »
Last time something similar happened, people were using either an old version of OXCE, or a fork that was based on an old version.

If that's not the case, perhaps post your save so people can have a look and see if this looks like normal newbie hazing the mod gives you, or something is indeed not working as intended.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: June 25, 2024, 01:15:59 am »
"Advanced Robotics Prerequisite" (STR_ADVANCED_AI_PREQ) definition is a bit strange, as it requires Std. Lab (while prerequisites normally don't, as you are not supposed to research them or even see them outside the tech tree viewer). This causes the need to research the prerequisite manually, at least if you fulfilled one of the prerequisites before you got Std. Lab (as I just did).

I suppose the requiresBaseFunc: [STDLAB] could be removed without any impact (you still require Std. Lab in order to be able to research Advanced Robotics).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: June 25, 2024, 10:20:52 am »
"Advanced Robotics Prerequisite" (STR_ADVANCED_AI_PREQ) definition is a bit strange, as it requires Std. Lab (while prerequisites normally don't, as you are not supposed to research them or even see them outside the tech tree viewer). This causes the need to research the prerequisite manually, at least if you fulfilled one of the prerequisites before you got Std. Lab (as I just did).

I suppose the requiresBaseFunc: [STDLAB] could be removed without any impact (you still require Std. Lab in order to be able to research Advanced Robotics).

Thanks, you are 100% correct. It was an unnecessary line. Fixed now.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: June 25, 2024, 11:21:42 am »
It's the standard Endless Mansion terrain, it's like a decade old; I don't think it has any relevant problems that haven't been found yet. But of course, I am open to reports.
Well, I am reporting it now. The kitchen indeed seems to be something the enemies can't get out of via just patrolling, tested it for several turns with debug mode. I suspect the routes are not going out of there, or are looping back on themselves. If a Reptoid spawns outside the kitchen, they're rampaging just fine.

Usually, in the big mansions and other opponent-saturated missions, most enemies are outside the kitchens, so the problem is nowhere near as apparent. And once you breach the kitchen, the issue becomes moot. But now I do recall almost always encountering enemies in the kitchens both in the Piratez megamansion and the EXALT mansion.

Should look at the routes myself, but too lazy to fiddle with MapView and map files right now. :-[
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 11:23:54 am by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: June 25, 2024, 11:36:39 am »
Well, I am reporting it now. The kitchen indeed seems to be something the enemies can't get out of via just patrolling, tested it for several turns with debug mode. I suspect the routes are not going out of there, or are looping back on themselves. If a Reptoid spawns outside the kitchen, they're rampaging just fine.

Sorry, can't see anything out of order. Could you maybe provide a save, or a screenshot?

Online CrazedHarpooner

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: June 25, 2024, 12:58:11 pm »
It might well be a AI pathing interlock happening. I've noticed this mosly in vanilla UFO supply ships with the elevator that leads from the bottom deck to the 'command' deck. If 2 or more aliens are trying to move through this section, some going up and others going down, and they've reached a point where they can't move around eachother, they'll simply won't move. Had a case where I was going in a Snakemen supply ship with 8+ blips showing up on the motion scanner suddently dropping to 2-3 each turn, nothing else was moving, once I got a visual at the lower part of the lift, sure enough there was a snakman just standing there, luckily facing away, and after killing it, the rest of the aliens came flushing out.

How this applies to this issue will depend on how many hostiles are in that room, to where they're trying to move, and how much available space there is for them to walk around eachother.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 05:53:28 pm by CrazedHarpooner »