Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1107294 times)

Offline Dana Skull

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3075 on: February 13, 2022, 02:55:42 am »
Another thing I've noticed that maybe isn't a bug but can be mildly inconvenient. I've spawned a couple of times on a map with what I think is a bush underneath the ramp that prevents the outrunner from getting out of the osprey. I tried changing the position of the outrunner before deployment but that doesn't seem to do anything. I tried shooting at it but the ramp blocks all of the shots. I tried throwing incendiaries to no avail. I wasn't able to try dynamite but that seems like a good way to blow up equipment/the outrunner itself and would have taken foreknowledge of said impassible foliage.

Side note: I was able to still complete the mission as the cultists lined up one by one in front of the outrunner, it just took a few dozen turns or so.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3076 on: February 14, 2022, 11:07:14 am »
Hey, not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something obvious, but I just unlocked rocket drones and they seem to be overburdened by default. Wanted to take my new toy to the Dagon HQ and it's just sitting there on my pile of equipment. ::)

Yes, it's a bug. I fixed it some time ago.

I found a ladder that doesn't seem to work.  It also has a wet sound when I have an agent step on it.

Same situation.

Another thing I've noticed that maybe isn't a bug but can be mildly inconvenient. I've spawned a couple of times on a map with what I think is a bush underneath the ramp that prevents the outrunner from getting out of the osprey. I tried changing the position of the outrunner before deployment but that doesn't seem to do anything. I tried shooting at it but the ramp blocks all of the shots. I tried throwing incendiaries to no avail. I wasn't able to try dynamite but that seems like a good way to blow up equipment/the outrunner itself and would have taken foreknowledge of said impassible foliage.

It's normal, vehicles have their limitations.
I don't understand the issue though: if it's a bush, then it dies to pretty much anything...

Offline Dana Skull

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 14, 2022, 01:58:19 pm »
Thanks for the reply. The only issue in that instance was being unable to get to the bush itself. I've tried messing around in the save I posted and there is no way (that I can see) to get the vehicle out from that position.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: February 14, 2022, 03:45:54 pm »
Thanks for the reply. The only issue in that instance was being unable to get to the bush itself. I've tried messing around in the save I posted and there is no way (that I can see) to get the vehicle out from that position.

Like I said, destroying the bush should be trivial, including using the vehicle's own weapon. But perhaps I'm missing something here.

Offline Dana Skull

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: February 15, 2022, 03:24:47 am »
Ok, so the bush is directly underneath the ramp preventing any movement on the tile above it. I could not get the outrunner to shoot through the ramp or magically bend bullets to go around it. That's pretty much it. I've noticed a new option for custom deployments which should make this irrelevant anyways.

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: February 15, 2022, 04:40:19 am »
So, just downloaded the latest versions of X-COM Files and X-COM Files Arsenal Addtions. Currently experiencing the following issues.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: February 15, 2022, 10:00:19 am »
Ok, so the bush is directly underneath the ramp preventing any movement on the tile above it. I could not get the outrunner to shoot through the ramp or magically bend bullets to go around it. That's pretty much it. I've noticed a new option for custom deployments which should make this irrelevant anyways.

Wait, an object under the ramp? Should be impossible, unless it's a ground tile...\
I'll keep an eye on this, thank you.

So, just downloaded the latest versions of X-COM Files and X-COM Files Arsenal Addtions. Currently experiencing the following issues.

Can't speak for Arsenal Additions.

Offline Grimalkin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: February 15, 2022, 11:07:36 am »
I don't have Arsenal Additions, but after the last update I'm getting:
[15-02-2022_10-54-19]   [ERROR]   During linking rulesets of armors:
Error for 'STR_ADVENT_AGENT_ARMOR': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_ADVENT_SOLDIER_ARMOR': Number of battle corpse items for 'corpseBattle' does not match the armor size.

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 15, 2022, 05:36:51 pm »
Gang War crashes when loading into the mission.
Repeatable, save included. Newest version, save not transferred from previous version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oD4t6hG3qVqfnwRiFbBN90XbnRGMiTCI/view?usp=sharing
(save)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArU7IQYAX7LTQUCTR055JjrETxmosz_A/view?usp=sharing
(log)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 16, 2022, 04:32:48 pm »
I don't have Arsenal Additions, but after the last update I'm getting:

STR_ADVENT_AGENT_ARMOR and STR_ADVENT_SOLDIER_ARMOR do not exist. So not on my side.

Gang War crashes when loading into the mission.
Repeatable, save included. Newest version, save not transferred from previous version.

Crap, this file really is missing... Attaching it here, to be placed under ROUTES. Sorry!

Offline Mamalaj0009

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: February 18, 2022, 03:27:44 am »
Hi, first time posting. I love your work and have been intermittently playing through the mod for a couple of years now. Thankyou so much!
I've recently (since updating from a six month old build) been encountering a crash every time I shoot down any "STR_ADVENT" craft or try to attack it when it lands. And after updating earlier this week and again today, and still encountering the crash, I decided to ask for help. Any fix or anything would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise I may just end up ignoring advent for a while haha.

I've attached a savegame and the log file for reference.

Thankyou in advance!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 07:18:08 am by Mamalaj0009 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: February 18, 2022, 09:42:40 am »
Hi, first time posting. I love your work and have been intermittently playing through the mod for a couple of years now. Thankyou so much!
I've recently (since updating from a six month old build) been encountering a crash every time I shoot down any "STR_ADVENT" craft or try to attack it when it lands. And after updating earlier this week and again today, and still encountering the crash, I decided to ask for help. Any fix or anything would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise I may just end up ignoring advent for a while haha.

Hello, and thank you!
Your report is confusing, since there is not STR_ADVENT in the entire mod... It was removed in 1.8, so almost a year ago, and you shouldn't be seeing these missions and ships.
The best way to fix this is to ignore any Advent vessels until the end of the month and hope that the mission list is updated correctly. If this doesn't help (usually when there's an Advent base or embassy), let me know.

Offline Mamalaj0009

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: February 18, 2022, 02:09:12 pm »
Hello, and thank you!
Your report is confusing, since there is not STR_ADVENT in the entire mod... It was removed in 1.8, so almost a year ago, and you shouldn't be seeing these missions and ships.
The best way to fix this is to ignore any Advent vessels until the end of the month and hope that the mission list is updated correctly. If this doesn't help (usually when there's an Advent base or embassy), let me know.

Thank you!
I will do that. From memory I may have tried updating six months ago, encountered the bug and then not played since; so perhaps I've not practically had an update since 1.8. Also from memory there were a few embassies established that I couldn't yet clear out, so perhaps that was the reason or a contributing factor.
In any case I shall follow your advice and ignore in hope it will resolve itself. If not I shall indeed let you know.
Again, thank you!

Offline Mamalaj0009

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: February 20, 2022, 12:36:33 pm »
Hello, and thank you!

So I've proceeded to the subsequent month (with the prior month being full of Advent craft) and simulated a month in advance. I am pleased to tell you there have been no Advent vessel sightings. However, I have discovered an "ALIEN COLONY-1" in Japan which, judging by a swarm of Advent vessels in East Asia last month, was put there while they were still active and I was unable to respond without crashing the game.
It is also the case that whenever I click directly on the colony, or when I send a vessel there, the game crashes citing a segmentation fault.
I've included attachments of a savegame and a game log for each mode of crash.

At this point I am happy to continue my game without any action, and simply ignore this colony provided its not going to cause me too much grief, but I thought I would leave a report anyway.

Thankyou!

EDIT: So on my actual playthrough, ten days into the new month I've discovered the colony has spawned in an Advent craft. So that is happening.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 01:40:30 pm by Mamalaj0009 »

Offline Progger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: February 20, 2022, 12:50:12 pm »
Something wrong with hybrid embassy:

Possible solution:
STR_HYBRID_EMBASSY_ASSAULT_ -> STR_HYBRID_EMBASSY_
STR_HYBRID_BASE_ASSAULT_BRIEFING -> STR_HYBRID_EMBASSY_ASSAULT_BRIEFING
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 12:59:11 pm by Progger »