aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1098606 times)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2115 on: December 05, 2019, 01:03:38 pm »
X-Man made my day... ;D
I like that track, too, but after over 90 minutes on that map.... Maybe it was just the volume  :P

Offline Wonderousm

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 05, 2019, 06:36:04 pm »
Good afternoon all - and can i say I'm loving the mod so far.

My game keeps crashing at the end of the day in my save (attached, alongside the log), and I get the message below on the error pop up.

"Sprite .SCR not found"

Let me know if there's anything else I can say to help, and thanks for reading!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2117 on: December 05, 2019, 07:09:56 pm »
renaming the folders with numbers is a good idea all around to keep the flags in order.

Yes, but right now I don't have nearly enough Aviomarin to handle these files. :q

(I still don't get the problem in Czech, since "ch" are two letters however you look at it, and I doubt the alphabetical order differs per language. But whatever.)

Typo: Golden Lady Origins "particles of unknown nature of function" should be "particles of unknown nature or function"

Thanks, good catch.

Inconsistency: I have managed to obtain several X-Com Flying Drones from an Osiron crate on a (sailing) cargo ship. I cannot research them and haven't even researched alien power systems yet, which is several steps before X-Com Flying drones. Could be discontinued, rogue X-Com branch  making them :D

I've already changed this several times, and no matter what I do, someone will call it "inconsistent" in some way. Actually I think I've already messed with it again after 1.0.2, so maybe it's been fixed on my side. :P
If not, I am open to suggestions. But in the form of actual rulesets please, not wishful thinking. Because at this point I really don't know what the problem is, if any.

Weird research thing...
Just finished Sonic focussing. (Had sonic heavy cannon already)
However, I´m just researching focussed sonic heavy cannon clip, but can already produce it... pretty sure that should not be in this order.

Thanks, fixed.

I've catched this bug before base defence mission.
Seems like there are some problems during generation the map of X-base containing Lunar Control Room. When I had loaded the game and dismantled LCR, UFO assaulted my base without any problems.

Of course, the facility wasn't declared under terrains.
Why is it so obvious? Because I don't think I've done this right even once.

Regarding the Asylum mission: The music file is funny, but after 45 minutes on that map, it almost made me have to go the asylum  ;D
Especially after (at the very end) I finally realized I had forgotten to take the right equipment with me to finish the mission....
And had to reload... I muted the music then.... ;)

That was kinda intended, this is a one time joke mission. Also it was a personal request (which I liked). Since you can mute the music, I don't think it's an issue.
Besides, the comments below indicate that it was a good decision :P

Aaaanyway:
Maybe you shoud try something like György Ligeti's "Requiem" (used in e.g. OMEN and 2001:Space Odyssey), its way more spooky and well... maybe less repeating.
Or something from the Doom 1 music for the PSX, some of the most creepy and good songs i know (for games).

Well as I said, a personal request. But I'm always up for new good music.

Good afternoon all - and can i say I'm loving the mod so far.

My game keeps crashing at the end of the day in my save (attached, alongside the log), and I get the message below on the error pop up.

"Sprite .SCR not found"

Let me know if there's anything else I can say to help, and thanks for reading!

I finished the month without any problems. Looks like some older bug.

Since the mod is temporarily down, try to replace your alienDeployments_XCOMFILES.rul with the attached one - might be related, but no guarantees. (I don't get the crash, so I can't say what the reason was.)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: December 05, 2019, 07:37:12 pm »
Of course, the facility wasn't declared under terrains.
Why is it so obvious? Because I don't think I've done this right even once.

Understandable. But still I cannot understand what do you mean.  :-\
It was fixed? It will be fixed? Or I just need to shut up and do not answer any question about it?  :D

Offline Wonderousm

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 05, 2019, 07:40:19 pm »

Since the mod is temporarily down, try to replace your alienDeployments_XCOMFILES.rul with the attached one - might be related, but no guarantees. (I don't get the crash, so I can't say what the reason was.)

This did the trick, day ended, my research along with a dossier came in, and a mission involving the Hybrids I've not had before cropped up. Thanks for saving my campaign!

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: December 05, 2019, 08:08:36 pm »
Yes, but right now I don't have nearly enough Aviomarin to handle these files. :q

(I still don't get the problem in Czech, since "ch" are two letters however you look at it, and I doubt the alphabetical order differs per language. But whatever.)

For some reason "ch" is the only digraph in czech language. It is considered 1 letter, though it is 2 characters. It is read as greek letter "χ" (chí). It is officialy after "h" in alphabet. Microsoft had the bright idea to make filesystem dependant on where windows were installed.

SpoilerAlphabetical directories:

Edit: Wrong, it depends on Settings->Time and language -> Region-> Region format.
Setting it to English (United States) put the "ch" directory after "č".

Edit 2: Apparently, chi, is pronounced in three different ways in english, greek and czech (according to google translate). The best way to get pronounciation for "ch" would probably be going there and having it pronounce a word containing "ch" in czech (such as "mech", which means "moss") .
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 08:31:57 pm by Mathel »

Offline AgitateAntelope

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: December 06, 2019, 02:27:35 am »
Typo: Chemical Flare "Using the flare in other than water" should be "Using the flare outside of water"

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: December 06, 2019, 11:57:42 am »
Something definitely wrong with X-Com hybrids... I have unlocked psi-skill with help of psiclones, but PSK stats don't display on stat screen of every soldier, who earned exp for the first time. With human soldiers such issues haven't occured during all the game.
Here is savegame of last turn. End it and check hybrids earned PSK exp after they arrive on the base.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:09:55 pm by X-Man »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: December 06, 2019, 09:59:02 pm »
Understandable. But still I cannot understand what do you mean.  :-\
It was fixed? It will be fixed? Or I just need to shut up and do not answer any question about it?  :D

I fixed it on my end. Will release with 1.1.

Typo: Chemical Flare "Using the flare in other than water" should be "Using the flare outside of water"

Thanks, fixed.

Something definitely wrong with X-Com hybrids... I have unlocked psi-skill with help of psiclones, but PSK stats don't display on stat screen of every soldier, who earned exp for the first time. With human soldiers such issues haven't occured during all the game.
Here is savegame of last turn. End it and check hybrids earned PSK exp after they arrive on the base.

Well... I dunno. Will have to think.

Offline Wonderousm

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: December 07, 2019, 12:22:01 am »
Hello, me again sorry.

Had another consistent occuring crash - have attached save (my ship's about to arrive) and log, error message below. Whenever my Skymarshall arrives at the first MAGMA corp mission, it crashes after I click the "Yes" to start the mission. I also tried it with a Skyranger just in case, and that also causes the crash.

Terrain INDUSTRIALURBAN_INVESTIGATION not found

Thanks for your time.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: December 08, 2019, 06:18:35 pm »
Thanks! Indeed I haven't modified some mapScripts properly. Getting to it now.

Offline zetzet13

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: December 08, 2019, 10:57:06 pm »
A crash occurs when accepting a strange creature mission.

URBANJUNKROADUFO is not found.

The log and savegame are attached.

I applied the alienDeployments_OPENXCOM.rul hotfix you posted further up on December 5th.

Thank you for this outstanding mod.  :-*

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: December 08, 2019, 11:01:59 pm »
Thanks! I fixed it myself earlier today.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: December 09, 2019, 12:17:09 am »
Ski Resort missions tell in the briefings that you can bring basic scout AI units, but the game won't let you do so, instead only going here with the unarmed dog at most.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: December 09, 2019, 12:45:26 am »
Ski Resort missions tell in the briefings that you can bring basic scout AI units, but the game won't let you do so, instead only going here with the unarmed dog at most.

I can't see such a statement in the briefing.