Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373981 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2018, 02:17:29 pm »
Bug I think, the game freezes after doing a geoscape scan or time lapse in my game, attaching save

hi , download the version i put a few days ago, its problem spawing war mission, fixed last week days ago. just tried ur save all work right (war spawn few minutes later)

--- posts merged. FFS, double-posting within 10 minutes? that's something ---

Also i currently working on a new big version with Havocs, and chaos divided, so it´s gonna be a while to make all to work and balance
Also Bringing shoulder weapons to the mix
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:25:56 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2018, 02:46:34 pm »
Oh! I wasn't aware of the new version, downloading fix now

Offline armorer87

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »
Havoc looks pretty cool. Do you plan any more units? Can I suggest units like aspiring champion or dark apostle for Cultists?

Is it possible to make enemy units with support capabilities? like buff to morale or buff to accuracy or health?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2018, 09:43:08 pm »
Is it possible to make enemy units with support capabilities? like buff to morale or buff to accuracy or health?

Some support is already possible with medkit items for restoring morale on use, or using 'weapons' to do negative damage (i.e. restoration!) to TUs, energy, morale, or stun.  More complex things are possible through scripts, like damage over time other than being on fire or having fatal wounds, creating temporary 'shields' / HP boost, providing damage reduction under certain conditions, etc.  It really depends on what kind of support works with the mod.  It's not implemented yet, but Yankes is also adding script support to firing/throwing actions, which is where you would be able to get accuracy buffs.

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2018, 07:03:38 pm »
Hello!    it is possible to look a tree of researches? :-\

by the way, if you press the right button in the inventory window on the character's armor, you can choose the visual type of soldier. So, those that are generated when hiring (or starting the game) are completely different, and here you can choose only vanilla skins from x-com. You do not plan to work on this?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:41:13 pm by NazarTyagun »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2018, 12:53:08 am »
Hello!    it is possible to look a tree of researches? :-\

by the way, if you press the right button in the inventory window on the character's armor, you can choose the visual type of soldier. So, those that are generated when hiring (or starting the game) are completely different, and here you can choose only vanilla skins from x-com. You do not plan to work on this?

haven´t done a research tree yet, still it´s pretty linear basically it´s the standart oxc with some new stuff
there are only the INV vanilla available, to be fair i haven't learn to make the rest available  :P

Havoc looks pretty cool. Do you plan any more units? Can I suggest units like aspiring champion or dark apostle for Cultists?

i like the dark apostle and champions for 4 gods idea .
support capabilities for enemy for what i read is very hard, some thread time ago was about enemy medkit. enemy just not programmed to think and use, only basic stuff like leroy jenking rush.. still i haven´t managed that to work ( guess i missed the script part)

i always adding more stuff, but currently i´m testing balance,
So i will give explosive immunity to predator tank for no exploit, still is hard to take down a predator
Obliterates are an impossible mission i can´t get through yet. Still some of you said mode too easy, so i´m kind of seeing if i keep or remove stats/armor/weapons for then

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »
sorry, there are often errors in the generation of tactical maps of terror.  it happens at someone else? or I did something wrong

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2018, 12:22:18 am »
sorry, there are often errors in the generation of tactical maps of terror.  it happens at someone else? or I did something wrong

true, refinery terror mission some time get´s errors in generation of map, got to check map script

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2018, 06:18:12 pm »
is there information when to wait for an update on this? (fixed error)
I also have another question ( sry, the subjective vision of the universe).
How about making Space Marines much stronger than now, but they are 2 places in transport?
(the version that the soldier begins as a neophyte and becomes a Space Marine is incorrect, impossible by timeframe)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2018, 11:11:54 pm »
is there information when to wait for an update on this? (fixed error)
no worry about that issue it eventually generated correct the map , try again  until it generate correct

I also have another question ( sry, the subjective vision of the universe).
How about making Space Marines much stronger than now, but they are 2 places in transport?
there are mega buffed on the long run (some people complain game 2 easy on superhuman.. don´t understand the 2 places in transport question

(the version that the soldier begins as a neophyte and becomes a Space Marine is incorrect)
i agree, if i can use armor by rank, that issue immediately be solve, but no code yet

So i almost done with the nurgle faction
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=1ga_db3hAec&feature=share
so i want some opinions to do the damage alter
    damageType: 3
    damageAlter: #DA BLIGHT
      ToArmorPre: 0.2
      ToHealth: 0.9

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:15:03 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2018, 02:36:15 am »
Happy Woman´s day

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2018, 02:51:08 pm »
Hey everyone, just to say i detected a major issue ( a big mistake of mine ) , i confused ToarmorPre with toArmor (so ammo stats were all wrong , all armor damage to amor was 0,25 when i was claiming other values), so yes, me trying to balanced weapons was in the opposite direction...
So i just corrected it (also in the UFOPEDIA  Ammo department)  and i´m planning to launch in a new release with the chaos undivided.
Still there´s some work to be made so i need a couple of weeks. see ya soon

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2018, 06:20:56 pm »
absolutely wonderful mod, the good ol' Guiliman would be absolutely proud  ;D, with releasing the chaos undivided what do you mean? (are you planning to add like aspiring champions or stuff like that?, because aside the few nurgle and tzeench units , i really thought i was fighting chaos undivided xD)

on a side note, i know this could be tied to changes and future balance but, dont you think marines are too cheap compared to other stuff, even the imperial guards (i know you can field IG inmediatly after just buying some lasguns while astartes actually need armors, bolters, and better equipment way too heavy to be used by IG,but at the same time they feel like "less special" with that tag price , at least IMHO  ::) ::) )

Aside that are the plans for adding other factions?, like orcs, eldars or Tau? it would be absolutely fun to purge xenos in allvsall matchup of 4 or 5 factions  8) (can even openxcom handdle that?)

Absolutely nice work fella, cheers :D

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2018, 10:56:02 pm »
absolutely wonderful mod, the good ol' Guiliman would be absolutely proud  ;D, with releasing the chaos undivided what do you mean? (are you planning to add like aspiring champions or stuff like that?, because aside the few nurgle and tzeench units , i really thought i was fighting chaos undivided xD)

on a side note, i know this could be tied to changes and future balance but, dont you think marines are too cheap compared to other stuff, even the imperial guards (i know you can field IG inmediatly after just buying some lasguns while astartes actually need armors, bolters, and better equipment way too heavy to be used by IG,but at the same time they feel like "less special" with that tag price , at least IMHO  ::) ::) )

Aside that are the plans for adding other factions?, like orcs, eldars or Tau? it would be absolutely fun to purge xenos in allvsall matchup of 4 or 5 factions  8) (can even openxcom handdle that?)

Absolutely nice work fella, cheers :D

yes my mistake, chaos divided,  i´m currently testing tzeench faction (units and weapons as you can see in screenshots)

i like the idea of marines being rare since we now have other options, but on what cost?
an idea is you start with some marines like 10 and  each enemy kill gives 1 X( some iten)  and marines cost 20X  to produce

i will add´s other faction in future ( the problem is when i start going that way , it takes long to return to basic´s)

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2018, 12:37:18 am »
is that a lesser lord of change? , because they look neat!. Superb sprites tho :p , i would like to see what you had planned for khorne's units  ;D.

again, outstanding work pal!