Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374267 times)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2017, 09:07:01 am »
2) I guess shotgun should be renamed to stubber (since most shotgun-like weapons in WH40k are falling to this category).

not quite, the stubber is more like an assault rifle to the bolter's machine gun, and space marine scouts come with shotguns as standard.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:49:31 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2017, 10:27:35 am »
Stubber is a name used in WH40K to describe "our" firearms, with rifled barrels, from Stubb Gun/Autopistol (pistols, revolvers, UZIs) to Heavy Stubber (.50 cal HMG-like). Autogun is also a Stubber and is an equivalent of an automatic rifle. Their performance seems to be close to their Laser equivalents (better ROF, lower damage), but Lasers win out by superior endurance and ease of maintenance; they're, however, more difficult to manufacture.

Shotguns, however, always have been a separate type of weapon. SM Scouts use Astartes Shotguns, which are big versions of standard Shotguns used by eg. Imperial Guard or Adeptus Arbites.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2017, 10:28:46 am »
Nerds :)

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2017, 12:51:27 am »
Regarding stubbers - yeah, I figured out my mistake later  :D
Now I wonder if "Marine" rank should be named "Scout" since we have a sort of "rookie" marines in the beginning - am I right? However I guess it would be better NOT to start a fluff discussion here - just because my vision of what "fits" better is nothing more than just my personal opinion that makes no sence overall  ;D

Offline Pluton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2017, 12:30:56 pm »
Hi ! Thanks for this great work !
I always had a little trouble with all the art part of the vanilla game, as I did'nt like the soldiers and ennemies sprites and general design of weapons/armors/aircraft. So this mod should be a must-have for me.

I have a couple of questions :

1/ In Battlescape, how do you switch the soldier's portrait instead of grade ? Can't find the option ingame.
2/ How much is the last version playable ? I can start a campaign, right, but is it worth playing toward an endgame, is the mod enough complete to play full campaigns ?

Thanks !

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2017, 10:31:59 pm »
in answer Pluton
1/ is automatic, in this version with the extender , it´s scripted in to show soldier portrait ,don´t know if there is a option in game to revert it
2/ i pass thought the complete campaign 2 times in order to test, the problem is as i get bored i´m always adding more stuff, and sometime there can be some bug´s on new stuff like sidemissions (optional, avoid it) and other mission witch i´m implementing meanwhile
Also as i want to balance the game, thing´s may become more hard or easy early in game, because i´m not starting new games all the time. also being veteran i play in superhard that gives more money due to more loot. don´t know if it becomes impossible in other difficult´s

Offline Pluton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2017, 04:56:37 pm »
Thanks for your reply.
But I Downloaded the version you posted last page and launched it with 3.8 extended and I still have shoulder and rank instead of portraits on battlescape.

Anyway, will start a campaign right away.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:58:08 pm by Pluton »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2017, 09:51:14 pm »
The option to have a picture instead of rank is available through ruleset only, in the soldier type definition . But I think it would make no sense here, since the ranks are very well made and faces are just the boring vanilla 8 (afaik).

But if someone is interested, here goes:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_SOME_SOLDIER_TYPE
    armorForAvatar: STR_SOME_ARMOR_NAME

These offsets might or might not work for space marines.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2017, 02:56:05 am »
strange i works fine for me, since i inserted the AvatarBackground and the tiny ranks in the extrasprites it works with no prob, still i have to make the adjustments in scout armors so they fit in the blank
Also there are 12 faces for all armors extra 4 than vanilla.

don´t know why it wont work for some people, maybe some other mod´s

Offline Pluton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2017, 10:33:16 am »
Ok that was because I tried on OXCE and it didn't work. It's working now with OXCE+.
Keep working on that mod, it' rocks !

Offline mastermindkar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2017, 05:26:01 pm »
Is there a way to heal combat?  I'm very far down the tech tree but have yet to encounter a med kit or narthecium or anything.  I've had apothecary armor and an apothecarium for months, but all the armor does is weigh a lot.  Did I miss something simple early on?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2017, 02:20:03 am »
Is there a way to heal combat?  I'm very far down the tech tree but have yet to encounter a med kit or narthecium or anything.  I've had apothecary armor and an apothecarium for months, but all the armor does is weigh a lot.  Did I miss something simple early on?

narthecium is fixed in the apothecary armor , but it requires more than 45 strength otherwise narthecium won´t appear, because script removes weapons that brings overweight , also to confirm remove costume inventory from the equipped person or it may go for the usual loadout instead of the narthecium.  apothecarium heals injured units faster on base
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:23:10 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline wak

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2017, 07:32:53 am »
I'm really interested in this mod, as I've been looking for a good squad-based 40K game (DoWII's levels are way too linear), though I don't have XCOM UFO Defense. I've already got the new XCOMs so I wouldn't be purchasing UFO defense for XCOM. Is the mod itself in-depth enough for me to purchase UFO defense?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2017, 10:58:16 am »
I'm really interested in this mod, as I've been looking for a good squad-based 40K game (DoWII's levels are way too linear), though I don't have XCOM UFO Defense. I've already got the new XCOMs so I wouldn't be purchasing UFO defense for XCOM. Is the mod itself in-depth enough for me to purchase UFO defense?

I say yes, dunno the price still, some sites offered it free some time ago (if you register somewhere on a type steam platform)
Also is the mod is WIP, so if you don´t like, you can give your opinion and i maybe change it or i can rant you and make you like it 8)

Offline mastermindkar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2017, 07:09:55 pm »
narthecium is fixed in the apothecary armor , but it requires more than 45 strength otherwise narthecium won´t appear, because script removes weapons that brings overweight , also to confirm remove costume inventory from the equipped person or it may go for the usual loadout instead of the narthecium.  apothecarium heals injured units faster on base

For the life of me I can't get the narthecium to appear. I've been trying it on a guy with 68 strength.  If I empty his inventory and turn off auto equip then nothing appears.  If I leave auto equip on he gets regular equipment. 

Everything else seems to be working well.  The Chaos outposts and space hulks are particularly cool.