aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374116 times)

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #555 on: April 05, 2020, 12:13:10 am »
Those grenade throws out of darkness sometimes take me by surprise too. Pretty nasty surprise, I must admit. But generally even elite traitor guardsmen are not that tough in terms of armor and health, and this at least gives them some edge.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2020, 11:25:40 am »
-_-

Yeah, whatever. That game (and its lore) was a bad joke. AM do not operate that way, they do not think that way, and it was a perversion of their culture and beliefs.

Regardless, the powerful weapons shown in the game could work as an inspiration for this mod once/if the Mechanicus faction is ever included.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2020, 10:20:29 pm »
Regardless, the powerful weapons shown in the game could work as an inspiration for this mod once/if the Mechanicus faction is ever included.

Yeah, it had solid amount of content after all. I wont deny its usefulness.

Offline panzertoter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2020, 03:04:22 am »
A quick question: how the adamantium forge works? It turns promethium to adamantium as I understand, but how? I built it, but in the manufacturing screen I can't see the option to do that.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2020, 03:25:14 am »
Having the adamantium forge at your base should make the manufacturing project available. If you don't see it, check the "Hidden" filter from the upper-left corner of the the manufacturing project screen to make sure you didn't accidentally hide it by right-clicking the project.

Offline panzertoter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2020, 03:51:37 am »
Having the adamantium forge at your base should make the manufacturing project available. If you don't see it, check the "Hidden" filter from the upper-left corner of the the manufacturing project screen to make sure you didn't accidentally hide it by right-clicking the project.

Yes! That was it! Thank you! Also, if I can repeat my question from another thread: I can't see "space used" indication in sell/sack, transfer, purchase etc. screens. Is it standard mod behaviour or something isn't working on my side?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 07, 2020, 04:06:24 am »
Transfer doesn't have it, but Sell/Sack and Purchase should have it. What language do you have set in your options?

Offline panzertoter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 07, 2020, 04:14:32 am »
Transfer doesn't have it, but Sell/Sack and Purchase should have it. What language do you have set in your options?

English (UK)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:45 am »
You should still be able to see space used in the purchase screens, like in the screenshot I've attached. Can you post screenshots of the screen/screens where you're missing the space used?

Offline panzertoter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 07, 2020, 10:27:00 am »
Here, both sreens attached.

Offline Conquest375

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 07, 2020, 03:08:40 pm »
I've been having a lot of fun with this mod, I've just downloaded it and playing it since last Friday, but I do have one critique and that it's I'm going the Devastator route and I find it strange that despite having soldiers with 100+ strength, there's not really many weapons that take advantage of that and makes me wonder what the purpose of the devastator armor is. Have I missed something?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 07, 2020, 03:26:41 pm »
Here, both sreens attached.

You have the option "Storage Limits Enforced" turned off.

I've been having a lot of fun with this mod, I've just downloaded it and playing it since last Friday, but I do have one critique and that it's I'm going the Devastator route and I find it strange that despite having soldiers with 100+ strength, there's not really many weapons that take advantage of that and makes me wonder what the purpose of the devastator armor is. Have I missed something?

Glad you're enjoying the mod. Devastator armor's strength bonus is meant to allow you to more easily care heavy weapons like the heavy bolter and missile launcher along with extra ammo and not slow down. There are eventually weapons that have 100+ weight too.

Offline panzertoter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2020, 03:32:43 pm »
Thank you!

Offline Conquest375

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2020, 05:00:48 pm »
Thank you!

I understand that the extra weight helps, however, the extra weight doesnt seem very worth it at the massive cost of at aima, because lascannons end up being lighter than either rockets or heavy bolters. I wvwm have marines biscuit armor with heavy bolter react fire against some mob types. The only weapon I've come across with more weight has been the thunder hammer, and that took me 2 tiers of terminator to even research  well past the point of devastator armor. I think it would be nice if in the early tier if you could have acsess to an even heavier but more accurate bolter, or special types of ammo unique to the devastator route.

Offline Conquest375

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:43 pm »
What really got to me is that when I unlocked lascannons and went to put them into my troops, many of them just didn't get any bonus from the devastator armor, unless I wanted to back pack a single weapon, and while that was someone useful, it  would be nice to have some in between medium, I'm currently in. Idtier and hoping that I get better devastator gear to go with my termimators.