Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949738 times)

Offline JeyP

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.5.3 alpha: Boom, Headshot!
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »
I wonder if the gym max stats aren't too high... They probably are. :P

Need to see how often my agents will die later on to have opinion on that ^^ But these 100 and reaction probably could be lower.

I totally get this, that's why I gave sniper weapons an armour defeating bonus in the next update. If it doesn't help, I'll have to rethink the entire sniper rifle philosophy. (Or make bigger maps.)

Armor pierce don't make aim shoot more useful than snap. Bigger map would but ther are some cons to. Mission like cultist outpost could be on a bigger map if you don't spawn in the corner it is hard to win on smal map with ~20 opponents.

Only one square can be used as stash... I can move it to a different one, but can't spread items between several ones.

Too bad would be great to have acces from ever square for car/van.

My old amiga/psx font mod don't work with this version of oxce+ if someone have working one or know what to do to make old work again pm. Thanks!

PS. New wersion ... will newer go past promotion II :)

Offline The13thRonin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 19, 2017, 04:46:57 pm »
My game won't fire up? I click the .exe and AVAST starts scanning it. Then it finishes... The black window with the run information disappears and nothing opens. Any further attempts to open it fail.

EDIT: It's AVAST... Nuking AVAST for ~10 minutes allows me to open the mod... Weird... Oh well... Hopefully we can help someone with a similar problem one day.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:51:04 pm by The13thRonin »

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:05 pm »
Any Special upgrade instructions?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #858 on: January 19, 2017, 05:55:39 pm »
EDIT: It's AVAST... Nuking AVAST for ~10 minutes allows me to open the mod... Weird... Oh well... Hopefully we can help someone with a similar problem one day.

Avast is throwing fits over the new .exe because oh my, it's a new .exe! AVAST DOESN'T KNOW THIS!!!

What am I supposed to do about it? Your antivirus program works correctly, or at least as designed. Enable running suspicious files and you're done.

Any Special upgrade instructions?

Nah, just delete your old folder like always.

Offline The13thRonin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 19, 2017, 06:05:22 pm »
What am I supposed to do about it?

I didn't say you had to do anything about it? I was explaining my fix in-case someone with the same problem reads this.

Also the problem is specific to your X-Com Files .exe I've tried the Final Mod Pack for example and it plays nicely with AVAST.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 19, 2017, 06:07:43 pm »
I didn't say you had to do anything about it? I was explaining my fix in-case someone with the same problem reads this.

Yeah, what I mean is that it's completely unrelated to the mod. It applies to any exe you compile yourself, for example.

Also the problem is specific to your X-Com Files .exe I've tried the Final Mod Pack for example and it plays nicely with AVAST.

Perhaps because FMP uses vanilla exe, which isn't 1 day old. :P

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2017, 07:58:14 am »
Have you thought about making a better health spray dispenser that uses only human tech....

I'm going bonkers having to drag around so many health sprays because they are so damn handy.  ;D

Could we get a manufactured version that utilizes the purchased health sprays into a larger container that's a touch more space saving/ convenient? or maybe 2 larger sizes that have to be manufactured from the purchased health sprays in some proto healthkit thing?

Here is what I am thinking.

1. A 2x2 that holds 4 health 2 stim 2 painkiller but weighs 16 Trauma pack
2. A 2x3 Backpack that hold 10 health 5 stim 5 painkiller and weighs 25 Squad med pack

the added weight and steps make them EXSPENSIVE but don't require blood plasma.

thoughts?

Edited... ACK! 2x3
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:22:56 pm by HelmetHair »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2017, 12:36:30 pm »
I can do these 2x2 trauma packs, they'd be just superheavy medikits. I just need the resources.

About 3x3... Not really, because it'd be too big to fit in the hand (which is 2x3). It would still work, but it would look ugly.

EDIT: How about this bigob for the trauma pack? (Stolen from XOps.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:39:23 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 20, 2017, 03:26:07 pm »
Oops!

I meant 2x3 and looked like a back pack but I wasn't clear.

The bigob you posted looks great!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2017, 05:24:04 pm »
Oops!

I meant 2x3 and looked like a back pack but I wasn't clear.

The bigob you posted looks great!

Cool! It's in the game already. Available for research after you get Medicine (like Healing Spray).

I wonder if a bigger, 1x2 spray would be useful? With 3 healing charges (no HP recovery, only curing wounds)?

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 20, 2017, 05:36:22 pm »

- Slightly decreased number of enemies in Temple of Dagon.

Oh, why would you do that? Not that I am against it, but it seemed right that while having inferior weaponry Dagon cultists would have numbers and superhuman allies.

Also, on the topic of precision weapons: I always liked Hunting Rifle in situations when I was able to field agents in numbers. It has a somewhat decent clip size for it's level, good TU cost and I always try to have both hunting rifle and shotgun on any kind of combat missions. I can't really say about hard numbers and effectiveness but it helped me in a number of situations and I prefer it to shotgun with slugs or elephant rifle (while of course I use those weapons too like additional fire power on proficient agents). Btw Arasaka 3000 is OP as hell, I fended off Ethereal and Waspoid base attacks with those.

The idea of better health packs is not bad, but they should be uneasy to obtain as compacted supply of health chems on every agent is a real boon.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 20, 2017, 06:11:37 pm »
Btw Arasaka 3000 is OP as hell, I fended off Ethereal and Waspoid base attacks with those.

The idea of better health packs is not bad, but they should be uneasy to obtain as compacted supply of health chems on every agent is a real boon.

Yeah the A3k is OP.  ;D

I'd love to see a 1x2 (or 2x1) Health spray with 3-4 charges and a 2x2 with 5-7 health 1-2 stim and 1-2 painkiller using 100% human tech. Either having to buy each piece and combine at manufacture or outright buy would be cool. Simulating true "bleeding edge"  technology or outsourcing manufacture.   I suppose this could balanced by weight and the very high cost of these units.

Offline JeyP

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 20, 2017, 08:35:13 pm »
In version 0.5.3 ufo show up from the beginning at first thought it was some rare mission but there is a lot of them.

edit: Forgeting all the time that there is a bug topic...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:37:44 pm by JeyP »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 20, 2017, 08:55:04 pm »
Oh, why would you do that? Not that I am against it, but it seemed right that while having inferior weaponry Dagon cultists would have numbers and superhuman allies.

Worry not, it was rather cosmetic.

In version 0.5.3 ufo show up from the beginning at first thought it was some rare mission but there is a lot of them.

But it's almost exclusively alien research, which 1) is benign, 2) is canon.

I'll decrease them further, but it's work - I need to move missions from the table to missionScripts, which isn't trivial.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 20, 2017, 09:02:27 pm »
I don't think he's saying at the beginning of the invasion, but as soon as you start the game.  Try starting a new game on version 0.5.3, and it starts the mission table in the first month.

Edit: Here's a save with a landed UFO in the first month.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:04:13 pm by ohartenstein23 »