aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950548 times)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.4.2 alpha: Going Postal
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2016, 07:48:36 pm »
How many hands it takes to use that weapon.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2016, 07:51:41 pm »
But i can equip two wepons and fire normally.

Enviado desde mi ECOO E04 3GB mediante Tapatalk

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2016, 08:36:55 pm »
Yes,

in game
There are weapons that you can use with one hand, but get full accuracy with two and others that you MUST (pretty much) use two hands to use. Pump action shotgun vs. crossbow.

I know. In reality running a pump action shotgun one handed is pretty outlandish.  You CAN do it as demonstrated by movies, the realities of Miami Dade shootout in the 90s and now currrent various state police and FBI training. I've personally shot skeet (sporting clays) with a gentleman who had suffered a stroke and only had use of one hand. All of the techniques I have seen demonstrated look goofy as fuck. Lucky for us it is a game :)

The 1911 doesn't look terrible, but it isn't perfect either. Honestly it looks more like the Hi-power because of the contours of the slide are swept too close to the barrel and the hammer and slide area seem to split the difference between these designs. The transistion from dovetail to grip is too sharp for for 1911, but there are chunky hints at a grip safety of the 1911. I give it a B+ simply because some things I know could be better executed, but it is pixel art.... so it is a fucking Rembrandt :)

Have a good one!!!

-HH

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2016, 09:40:23 pm »
Thx......

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2016, 05:00:58 pm »
A question. In this mod is important to creaste a link of bases to cover all territory similar in fmp or the radars are useless than fmp. Thx

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2016, 09:50:19 pm »
A question. In this mod is important to creaste a link of bases to cover all territory similar in fmp or the radars are useless than fmp. Thx

Not really, at least not in early game. You have no means of shooting down UFOs anyway, and you are notified of all other events.
Once you have proper fighters and such, you will want to have good radars, like in any other X-Com game.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2016, 05:11:59 am »
Obviously there has been some tweaking on the chupacabras.   :o

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2016, 09:51:49 am »
Obviously there has been some tweaking on the chupacabras.   :o

Nope. I never touched them after they were implemented.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2016, 03:03:26 pm »
Never got them as a monster attack before now twice in two months RNG ftw. Hell missions. They are fast, sneaky and numerous and if you are lucky they don't eat the all the civvies in the first turn.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2016, 04:45:06 pm »
Never got them as a monster attack before now twice in two months RNG ftw. Hell missions. They are fast, sneaky and numerous and if you are lucky they don't eat the all the civvies in the first turn.

Yeah, I was worried they were too hardcore, but ultimately decided that not everything has to be similarly dangerous. A game with no variation would be dull. :P

Offline JeyP

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2016, 01:02:23 am »
I like these "Oh sh*t.." moments, but a lot depend of terrain type and spawn. My first chupacabra encounter was on hills/forest terrain with few of them spawn near me. It was like in alien movies but i didn't make it. In next encounter i shoot them from a far on a flat terrain and it was easy.

We can talk about balancing when all elements and items will be in the mod but i really don't like beggining of the game right now.

1) Is it posible to make easier missions before logistics research? It's 15 days and i do nothing until then becouse it's imposible to do anything with only 2 men. Encouters should have 4-5 enemys max.
2) Entire car should work as a cover, right now it's only 1/3. When crouch only rear part of car protects from bullets.
3) dog - it's available from the beginning but we can't use him with car or van, if it imposible to do it, maybe just remove it ? Me and my trusty dog, thats would be a nice team.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2016, 01:06:38 am »
My first mission a culty mission with 8 men 2 with automátic rifle. Me two men 2 pistols and 6 magazines. Failed them. Lol... 

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2016, 02:12:58 am »
the chupacabra are great. They feel like a real threat especially in urban environments. If we can get auto shot reaction fire and the updated shotguns then the dynamic will change considerably and turn a hell mission into merely very very unpleasant. :P  so I ca

Strategy with two men is to be prepared to leave asap. E flares to set up a kill zone at night and clear a piece of cover must happen first turn. Day time is much the same of using the car for cover. Check six EVERY TURN I mean EVERY turn.

You are not punished for retreating so if you have to leave, leave. if you can snatch a body or unconscious dude, do it. If you see a big monster, leave unless you have heavy weapons like the nitro rifle and cover.

keep stims and medical gel spray handy if you have them.

oh and take your strongest men. Two agent teams are WAY more physical in that you need to be strong enough to grab stuff and carry equipment.

I've cleared cult outposts with two men... Jesus it sucked but it is doable. the car has a really roomy trunk btw.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2016, 03:23:35 am »
1) Is it posible to make easier missions before logistics research? It's 15 days and i do nothing until then becouse it's imposible to do anything with only 2 men. Encouters should have 4-5 enemys max.

I'll think about it. Yes, some balance is still in order. But as HelmetHair said, two people are not exactly useless... Well, not every time anyway.

2) Entire car should work as a cover, right now it's only 1/3. When crouch only rear part of car protects from bullets.

All of its segments act as cover, and a pretty even one... So I'm not sure what you mean. But I reviewed the MCD and made the car a bit bigger, voxel-wise; hopefully it helps. It was indeed a bit strange...

3) dog - it's available from the beginning but we can't use him with car or van, if it imposible to do it, maybe just remove it ? Me and my trusty dog, thats would be a nice team.

I'm in the process of dealing with this problem. Maybe the next update, maybe the one after. (The idea is to make dogs into a type of soldier, not HWP, with some limitations like not being able to drive.)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2016, 07:21:33 am »
what if your soldiers all die and the dog is left.

Mission failed?

I haven't paid attention do items recovered as loot show up instantly at your base? if so then you could always hand wave and say a recovery team is involved.... you could even research  better recovery team times as part of the logistics research tree.