aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New  (Read 2008536 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 3.0: Beyond Human
« Reply #5310 on: July 21, 2023, 03:53:50 pm »
The in-game SCORE graph. If you want a precise numerical value, wait until the end of the month or look into your save.

AFAIK, score only affects funding changes and the score-based game over.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: July 21, 2023, 04:44:35 pm »
Where can I see the current number of points and what do they affect (by points, I mean penalties for ignoring missions, points for victories, etc.)?

I think you're actually asking what kind of positive or negative points you get from various missions.

Victory points depend on many factors (how many you kill/capture etc., sometimes you get points for fulfilling the specific mission objective). You can see the ignore (despawn) mission penalty in the mission description. But for information on what penalty you get for aborting the mission, go to http://xcf.trigramreactor.net and search for the mission.

For example:

- Syndicate Warehouse mission despawn penalty is 100 points, abort penalty 50 points.
- Monster terror mission has despawn penalty of 600 points, but you get no penalty for aborting the mission.
- Various monster hunt missions have despawn penalty of 150 points, but no abort penalty.
- *HQ missions have despawn penalty of 100 points, but no abort penalty.

You're points-wise AFAICS always better off by going on a mission and then aborting it immedately rather than letting it despawn. The rare exception are those few missions which you cannot abort.

That site is also good for checking out the interval (in hours) how long various missions are available until they despawn. This will help you to plan which transport and how you will want to get to the mission before it despawns.

Wish: if only OXCE was able to show an ETA or duration how long it takes for a transport to get to its destination.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: July 22, 2023, 08:41:41 am »
Thanks for the info.
How long does an agent's training last? And it's strange that I can assign agents to the task who are training ... is that right?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: July 22, 2023, 09:13:25 am »
Thanks for the info.
How long does an agent's training last? And it's strange that I can assign agents to the task who are training ... is that right?

OXCE trains the agents once a day (provided that they are not wounded). The chance of improvement depends on how much the agent can still improve (i.e. training is faster in the beginning). Taking into account also the time the agent is out on a mission would likely be too complicated code-wise.

The time the training takes depends on RNG and how much the agents improve in missions. Roughly speaking, an agent actively going out on missions might get fully trained in 9-12 months. Usually at least in my games melee accuracy is the last stat to get trained (this stat does not get improvements as easily in missions). If they don't go out on missions at all, I doubt even that is enough time.

Note that the actual stat caps are higher than training caps. So, training in a "gym" is also not a complete replacement for actual experience.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: July 22, 2023, 09:22:09 am »
When an agent improves one of his skills as a result of training, will there be a corresponding message about this?
It's strange that there is no sorting by agents involved in training when you select a crew for a mission, I don't want to interrupt the agent's training process.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 09:25:54 am by Fiskun1 »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: July 22, 2023, 09:26:41 am »
When an agent improves one of his skills as a result of training, will there be a corresponding message about this?

No. When opening the agent screen, you can see the improvements (regardless of source) with slightly different coloring in the bar chart showing the stats.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: July 22, 2023, 09:45:41 am »
No. When opening the agent screen, you can see the improvements (regardless of source) with slightly different coloring in the bar chart showing the stats.
It's a pity. It would be interesting to know the results of the training.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: July 23, 2023, 12:41:12 pm »
If you right-click on the weapon icon in tactics, a small yellow square appears in the upper right corner of the icon. What does it mean?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: July 23, 2023, 12:49:34 pm »
If you right-click on the weapon icon in tactics, a small yellow square appears in the upper right corner of the icon. What does it mean?

That the weapon is preferred for reaction shots. This is not completely reliable, because the range of weapons differs and the agent might end up firing a non-preferred weapon if the preferred one is not in range (yet).

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: July 23, 2023, 01:04:29 pm »
That the weapon is preferred for reaction shots. This is not completely reliable, because the range of weapons differs and the agent might end up firing a non-preferred weapon if the preferred one is not in range (yet).
This is apparently for the case when the weapon is in both hands, right? Because a reaction shots occurs in any case, if you do not reset the action points in advance.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5320 on: July 23, 2023, 01:44:28 pm »
This is apparently for the case when the weapon is in both hands, right? Because a reaction shots occurs in any case, if you do not reset the action points in advance.

Yes, it's for when you have for example a Colt and a Small Revolver and you want to react with the weapon with the higher cost in TUs (normally the less costly weapon is used).

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: July 23, 2023, 02:02:43 pm »
Thank you for your responses.
After a long break, I started playing this wonderful mod again. I noticed that at the beginning of the game there was more variety in missions, which is good. And already in March, the aliens landed the first small landing of Anthropods. It is interesting that their corpses are available for study, but the weapons are not even in the warehouse ... this was done on purpose, right?
There is very little opportunity to predict the expediency of going on a mission. The mission activity period often ends before the vehicle has time to reach the target
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 02:12:13 pm by Fiskun1 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: July 23, 2023, 02:41:52 pm »
After a long break, I started playing this wonderful mod again. I noticed that at the beginning of the game there was more variety in missions, which is good.

Yeah, early game always gets the most attention. ;D

And already in March, the aliens landed the first small landing of Anthropods. It is interesting that their corpses are available for study, but the weapons are not even in the warehouse ... this was done on purpose, right?

Hmmm, they definitely should be in the warehouse, unless you blew them all up.

There is very little opportunity to predict the expediency of going on a mission. The mission activity period often ends before the vehicle has time to reach the target

It's stressful, yeah... But most missions aren't very punishing in this regard.

Early on, I suggest sending a car to another continent and just leave it there in case there's a mission nearby. Stationary cars and vans don't use fuel.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: July 26, 2023, 02:08:38 pm »
I bought two dogs and two outfits for them. But there is no separate equipment in the warehouse, only dogs. Is that how it should be?
How do I remove equipment from fighters who are listed as injured immediately after the mission?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 02:50:45 pm by Fiskun1 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: July 26, 2023, 04:02:39 pm »
I bought two dogs and two outfits for them. But there is no separate equipment in the warehouse, only dogs. Is that how it should be?
How do I remove equipment from fighters who are listed as injured immediately after the mission?

I don't understand. You can't use the "armors" section for this?