aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949647 times)

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.7: Market Corrections
« Reply #4065 on: February 16, 2021, 03:22:25 pm »
Just slap the drone bay next to the warehouse.

Poor drones appreciate your support... They keep getting told that they're useless! :)

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: February 16, 2021, 08:22:12 pm »
Poor drones appreciate your support... They keep getting told that they're useless! :)
They are useful for ambush and delaying the enemy. They are not supposed to win all by themselves. Every shot the drone takes in a shot someone important could. And doubly so for grenades and flak/pellet.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: February 17, 2021, 07:55:18 pm »
Show your bases. It is interesting to look at the different layouts

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: February 18, 2021, 12:21:32 pm »
Here you go, choke point on one side, hangars and Acces Lift isolated, and dronebay is there to split the enemies up, and soke up some damage, and living quarters blocking the chokepoint.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: February 18, 2021, 01:24:34 pm »
I do not know anything about the abovementioned Drone Bays yet, my enemy delayer is the simple Corridor. My main base layout is attached, it's December 1998.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:26:28 pm by Fomka »

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: February 18, 2021, 10:41:10 pm »
What i also discovered is that UFO's can be shot to pieces and destroyed instantly if your base defences are numerous + gravity shield and the landing craft is squishy enough. It was quite funny to see Syndicate trying to enter my base twice, with a craft called Scarab (Which i assume is something like an Ironfist, heavy infantry transport), only to be torn to pieces before they could even land.

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: February 20, 2021, 07:52:47 pm »
How does trading with UAC and BlackOps work, lorewise? They are owned by Syndicate or Orision or whatever.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4072 on: February 20, 2021, 10:58:34 pm »
How does trading with UAC and BlackOps work, lorewise? They are owned by Syndicate or Orision or whatever.

By Syndicate. And well, it's complicated. First of all, they have Council ties, and are privileged for such contracts. Secondly, they don't mind selling hand weapons to political enemies - it doesn't endanger them directly, just like Russia doesn't stop supplying Ukraine with natural gas. Thirdly, hardly anyone in BlackOps is awqare of the Syndicate and who they really are.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: February 21, 2021, 07:44:44 am »
Any idea on how to fight lobstermen? I tested Turbolasers and Magma Pulse weapons with Chem ammo. Of the first, only Heavy and Scatter seem to work, of the second, they are too slow at killing them.
Do I just have to bring Heavy Plasmas for everybody?

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: February 21, 2021, 02:27:17 pm »
Any idea on how to fight lobstermen? I tested Turbolasers and Magma Pulse weapons with Chem ammo. Of the first, only Heavy and Scatter seem to work, of the second, they are too slow at killing them.
Do I just have to bring Heavy Plasmas for everybody?

Warp weapons (X-Dimension or from Black Sun Stormtroopers) ignore most of living units armour. There is a special version of the Lobster men that sometimes appear in something like "depthpocalypse" that is so armoured that even heavy weapons can barely dent them and they have sonic weapons on top of it

But against the feral one, flamethrowers and incendiary weapons should do. Grab a flying suit and simply hover above them and cook them alive.
Electricity does extra damage but there are very few electricity, lethal based weapons for XCOM. They also take a whooping 1200% Choking damage

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: February 21, 2021, 07:39:08 pm »
The issue is Depthopocalypse, yes. I won, but only after the civvies all died and the city was leveled.

I saw their stat block, but do not know about any good choke weapons. I might try those Warp rifles I have in stores the next time the Deathopocalypse comes.

Edit: I suppose with Choke dealing 12x damage, bad choke weapons could be enough. I will also try peppering them and extinguishing them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:46:31 pm by Mathel »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: February 21, 2021, 09:27:57 pm »
I checked the wiki. Knockout Grenades, Smoke Grenades (and shells), and perhaps the Noose could help you fight Lobstermen. I remember the Mindjack device (the melee ranged mindcontrol device) being quite effective as well.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: February 21, 2021, 11:04:55 pm »
I checked the wiki. Knockout Grenades, Smoke Grenades (and shells), and perhaps the Noose could help you fight Lobstermen. I remember the Mindjack device (the melee ranged mindcontrol device) being quite effective as well.

Noose is hilarious because with 12x the damage, 5 + 0.2 * Bravery + 0.3 * Strenght (1200%....)

One of my Helix Knights has strenght of 80 and bravery of 92.

(5+18.4+ 24) = 47.4 dmg against a 100% choke target
But with 1200% ?

Ah, its just 568.8 (569 if game rounds up numbers ?)

I guess nothing like a good overkill, killing enemy 5 times with overstun in one attack. Who would have known that a piece of rope can deal more damage than multiple rockets to the face.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:06:43 pm by Mrvex »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: February 22, 2021, 09:22:46 am »
Noose is hilarious because with 12x the damage, 5 + 0.2 * Bravery + 0.3 * Strenght (1200%....)

One of my Helix Knights has strenght of 80 and bravery of 92.

(5+18.4+ 24) = 47.4 dmg against a 100% choke target
But with 1200% ?

Ah, its just 568.8 (569 if game rounds up numbers ?)

I guess nothing like a good overkill, killing enemy 5 times with overstun in one attack. Who would have known that a piece of rope can deal more damage than multiple rockets to the face.
92 Bravery? I thought bravery was always divisible by 10.

But anyway, I did not remember the noose being a thing. I did use Psi-Amps last time to some effect. I just do not have that many good Psikers. Are Brainjacks more effective?
Also, with the noose, you are forgetting that it has toHealth=0.2, so final HP damage is only 113.76 rounded up to 114(57 to 171). It ignores armor plating though.

I checked Pepper spray and Extinguisher again though, and with RandomType=4 they do fire-like damage (5 to 10). I do not know whether before or after multiplication.
So noose is still much better. I should buy some then.

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: February 22, 2021, 12:14:18 pm »
It will kill with overstun.