Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950551 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.5.1: Around The World
« Reply #3825 on: September 29, 2020, 03:01:00 pm »
Those who ignore the past are condemned to repeat it

Honestly, I think this should be adressed in so far as to avoid misunderstandings for people who don't what actually happened. I also had to piece this together bit by bit since I stumbled upon this after the fact ("Why has the terrain been changed?"). This wouldn't ahve been an issue if custom maps / maps created with the map editor where automatically attached to something like GPL or similar licenses.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: September 29, 2020, 03:49:33 pm »
Can we drop the subject now, please? I'm not joking.

It's my fault for mentioning it, sorry Solarius.

On another note, Salvagers in the Dimension X mission sounds good.  I've only just started that arc in this run-through and am looking forward to seeing what's been added.

I hate those flying mossie-type swarms by the way, but just like real ones a dose of flamethrower and/or chem seems to help. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 03:52:38 pm by Jimboman »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3827 on: September 29, 2020, 04:00:38 pm »
I don't plan to make any Dimension X missions in the nearest future, because I am busy with other parts (currently UAC and Cult of Apocalypse). But in the future it may well happen. :)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: September 29, 2020, 08:42:40 pm »
It is probably just bad luck. While I never had any trouble particulary about zombie infectors, in one replay the dagon outpost did not spawn for a year and a half (only safehouses). Thanks to that I couldn't take any Chosen or Priest alive and research Dagon Operations, which means I had a plane that sucked even when the invasion started (you can only go so far with Dragonfly). Same stuff.

I had both Exalt and Red Dawn Bases (not HQs) not spawning in half an year or more. You can rename a safehouse to the outpost string in the save file and it should spawn correctly if you feel irritated enough to cheat it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: September 30, 2020, 01:10:38 pm »
Shit, really sorry about that. Krautbernd did a few other things and apparently I mixed up some credits. I will immediately fix this mistake as much as possible.

Sincerest apologies, this was quite embarrassing and generally uncool.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: September 30, 2020, 07:44:07 pm »
I had both Exalt and Red Dawn Bases (not HQs) not spawning in half an year or more. You can rename a safehouse to the outpost string in the save file and it should spawn correctly if you feel irritated enough to cheat it.

Good to know if it happens again!

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: October 02, 2020, 09:35:12 pm »
So I just finished the moonbase core assult mission but when I checked the research it says I havn't done it, am I missing something other than the etherial Guardian, can you only get those from the core assault?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: October 02, 2020, 09:42:52 pm »
So I just finished the moonbase core assult mission but when I checked the research it says I havn't done it, am I missing something other than the etherial Guardian, can you only get those from the core assault?

Finishing that mission should automatically give you the research "Alien Lunar Colony: Core invaded." This, PLUS Ethereal Grands Master, and also any Commander, will give you access to Cydonia or Bust.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: October 03, 2020, 01:53:22 am »
Finishing that mission should automatically give you the research "Alien Lunar Colony: Core invaded." This, PLUS Ethereal Grands Master, and also any Commander, will give you access to Cydonia or Bust.
My apologies I completed the Main part of the moonbase, not the core, I still need the Etherial Knight to proceed.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: October 03, 2020, 12:15:46 pm »
No worries, good luck.

Meanwhile, I finally finished this:

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: October 03, 2020, 01:39:33 pm »
No worries, good luck.

I see you wanted to do an ED-209 from Robocop, and that's close enough I suppose. The ammo expenditure will be annoying to keep though.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: October 03, 2020, 07:27:34 pm »
I see you wanted to do an ED-209 from Robocop, and that's close enough I suppose. The ammo expenditure will be annoying to keep though.

Actually ED-209 is already represented more accurately by the Syndicate's Walker. :)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: October 03, 2020, 08:37:41 pm »
Actually ED-209 is already represented more accurately by the Syndicate's Walker. :)
Unfortunately not implemented so far is its inability to safely traverse stairs.

Offline EmoNewtype

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: October 06, 2020, 07:45:05 am »
No worries, good luck.

I had been wondering why none of the higher tech HWPs had access to the Minigun. Now I no longer need to wonder. Can't wait to see this fully implemented in-game!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: October 15, 2020, 02:37:54 am »
Not sure if it's a bug, an oddity of using not the latest update, or whatever: Whenever one of my soldiers finishes a transformation procedure (ie: Bio-enhancement unlocked from the Red Dawn drugs), they don't seem to return to their last position/job before said activity. Or at least they don't with the gym: Whoever did finish being upgraded, is removed from the gym. Moreover, the game doesn't even tell you when one of said improved agents is fully recovered.

I suppose that's because recovering agents from transformations are considered to be "wounded". Wouldn't it be better if they were "transferred" to your base instead of counting as wounded? That way the game would warn you of when an agent is finished with the transformation and returns to duty.