Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1994271 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.5: Burn The Village Down
« Reply #2070 on: September 25, 2018, 09:34:49 am »
What unlocks alien electronics?

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 25, 2018, 10:36:09 am »
You need to have
Item
Alien Electronics
Building
Std Lab
And you can either get it from Decrypted Alien Data Slate or some captured Engineer/Leader/Commander

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 25, 2018, 11:15:16 am »
I have both. Bug?

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: September 25, 2018, 01:05:19 pm »
And you can either get it from Decrypted Alien Data Slate or some captured Engineer/Leader/Commander

You cannot research it. You only can get info about it from one of the above. At least this is how I understand that and way I got it.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 25, 2018, 03:00:59 pm »
But if I remember correctly, you need to know it to decrypt slates. So the only real ways are living leader/engineer.

Offline mrKos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 25, 2018, 04:01:27 pm »
Hey. For a long time I did not write. I looked at these ideas about new missions. They have the one problem. Victory will be only after neutralization of all opponents. Only not in the case of tasks with two levels.
That's what I thought about the hidden tasks. Make them two-level.
1) The first level. Killing opponents imposes fines. The task is to quickly get to the exit without killing anyone.
2) The second level. Standard fight.
The declaration of this structure of the task can be different. For example, a movie house. The source of the video is somewhere in the basement, and the player needs to get to it first. At the first level there are crazy spectators. In the basement is a cultist who arranged this attack.

Offline deltatree4

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 27, 2018, 11:37:30 am »
Hi I want to tell you again that this mod is fantastic.

I've got an idea that i want to share with you: support radios.

You can use it to call different types of things:

1)weapon support( mortar, napalm strike , air strike ecc)

2)Support team( Spawn allied squad like the council gather)

3)Item drop (like medikit)

Basically you have this radio which you can load with a different comunication "card" (each use a different type of support) and use it like some kind of blaster launcher witch spawn from above and  have only one pin point signal.

After the end of the mission you will have in your inventory some kind of recipe (expensive)  witch you have to sell because it occupy a lot of space.

I don't know if it is possible but I want it share my idea with you.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2077 on: September 27, 2018, 12:00:37 pm »
At the moment it's not possible... But there are certain efforts being undertaken to allow such things.
Thanks, and enjoy :)

Offline deltatree4

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 28, 2018, 02:36:31 pm »
Hi, I've got some new ideas.

Mission type:
< Ambassy (Assault or cover operation)>: Hybrids got the order to partecipate  at social event (party) inside an ambassy to try to convince ( corrupt, intimidate ecc.) High rank political figure.

The map could be the same of the Asylium (the one with ghost) but with civilian.

<Convoy extraction (Assault or covert)>: In this mission you have to extract a Vip from a building due the fact alien or cults had the brilliant idea to kill him.
The object: eliminate All the treat or stun and drag the VIP to the extraction

It require a Special Vehicle :  A convoy made by civilian cars (covert) or Humvees( Assault)
basically 3 vehicles were our agent spawn.

Last idea is the concept of another veichle: A mobile base like the "PALADIN" of Splinter Cell Blacklist. it should carry only six operators. Basically it should be the next tier of AWACS but this time is capable to intervene in operation thanks to an elicopter witch carry inside( basically in  the  battle you spawn with an elicopter).
I don't know if countermeasure will be balanced (like a weapon to be able to defend itself).

Sorry I'am a BIG dreamer ::)

keep up with the good work.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:41:45 pm by deltatree4 »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 28, 2018, 07:39:48 pm »
I've got an idea that i want to share with you: support radios.
At the moment it's not possible... But there are certain efforts being undertaken to allow such things.
Thanks, and enjoy :)
For airstrikes it's effectively a weapon with an unlimited range that doesn't require line of sight. Like psionics. Let it drop shells that explode at the end of the turn. Make precision reasonably low. Can that be done with existing engine?

Tnere's also a question of fire rate. I think, 1 shot per turn per radio would be reasonable. Were there any weapons which recharged every turn, or am I thinking about Apocalypse again?

What unlocks alien electronics?
It can only be obtained from interrogating alien engineers/leaders/commanders. Researching it requires the knoweledge of magic subject "(other)", a.k.a. STR_TROLLIUM, which in turn can only be researched if you posess a piece of STR_TROLLIUM, which never appears in the game. Same applies for a number of other subjects, like dossiers.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #2080 on: September 29, 2018, 12:47:05 am »
For airstrikes it's effectively a weapon with an unlimited range that doesn't require line of sight. Like psionics. Let it drop shells that explode at the end of the turn. Make precision reasonably low. Can that be done with existing engine?

For added realism it should be randomly delayed for up to many turns and have a not insignificant chance to land on the radio operator.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 29, 2018, 04:26:30 pm »
For added realism it should be randomly delayed for up to many turns
Is this currently possible? Now that I think about it, hand grenades can do it.
and have a not insignificant chance to land on the radio operator.
That's what I called a reasonably low precision :)

Offline Toothless Shark

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 30, 2018, 02:47:19 pm »
Just wanted to say that this mod is FANTASTIC. Loving every minute of it. It even adds Gun Kata. :D

The only bad thing about it is that it kills your social life. I've been playing it whole week and just can't ... stop ... playing. If i didn't have to go to work i'd probably never leave house. :D

Thanks for all the effort in making this wonderful mod.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:36:43 pm by Toothless Shark »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2083 on: October 02, 2018, 08:51:05 pm »
Just wanted to say that this mod is FANTASTIC. Loving every minute of it. It even adds Gun Kata. :D

The only bad thing about it is that it kills your social life. I've been playing it whole week and just can't ... stop ... playing. If i didn't have to go to work i'd probably never leave house. :D

Thanks for all the effort in making this wonderful mod.

Thank you very much, you are most welcome. :)

Offline deltatree4

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: October 02, 2018, 09:32:08 pm »
Hi, I've got a vehicle idea:
A mobile base like the "PALADIN" of Splinter Cell Blacklist. it should carry only six operators. Basically it should be the next tier of AWACS but this time is capable to intervene in operation thanks to an elicopter witch carry inside( basically in  the  battle you spawn with an elicopter).
I don't know if countermeasure will be balanced (like a weapon to be able to defend itself).