Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New  (Read 2153012 times)

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New
« Reply #6090 on: June 15, 2024, 10:56:31 pm »
Leave a live grenade on them if you want them dead.
Leave a primed mine on them if you want them to not cause trouble.

The second one allows the opportunity to capture if they do not wake up.

Wait that's genius

I'm always paranoid about stunning animals because you can't handcuff them. Now I can take their bodies to tomorrow and then have an extra mine just in case.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: June 20, 2024, 01:11:44 am »
Capture and interrogate MIB commander, and then you start getting monthly Ethereal retaliation missions. If you play it right, you can obtain the commander from those. But note that the Ethereal commander is a sneaky bastard and won't come along to the base attack missions, so you'll need to shoot down their very large ship.
Thing is I've done this now but no Ethereal retaliation missions for about 6 months now, is there anything else i'm missing? I've not done vampire castle yet for example.

On that note I feel like you get absolutely no shogg missions, I've gotten 1 croc raid and that tower mission but nothing else. Do I need to complete the zombie arc first?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: June 20, 2024, 03:49:05 am »
It is entirely possible that the RNG just hates you. (2/3)^6 ~= 9% chance to not get any of those missions in six months' time. You do have Alien Vocabulary, right?

Shogg has its own research arc. Croc raids and Reptiformer towers you get automatically, the rest is gated behind research, starting with Hidden Caves and Into the Dark.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: Today at 05:00:43 am »
It is entirely possible that the RNG just hates you. (2/3)^6 ~= 9% chance to not get any of those missions in six months' time. You do have Alien Vocabulary, right?

Shogg has its own research arc. Croc raids and Reptiformer towers you get automatically, the rest is gated behind research, starting with Hidden Caves and Into the Dark.

Thats the thing, I've got alien vocab long ago and I've even interrogated an alien commander, I'm on the stage of Heavy Plasmas and power suits and it's like 2006.

And for the latter I've done into the dark and interrogated reptoid agents but nothing other than those missions.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: Today at 08:24:28 am »
As said before, it is entirely possible that you're being trolled by the RNG, or just missing the UFO (unlikely, if you have proper coverage).

Into the Dark by itself doesn't get you new missions, you need Alien Subterranean Activity and then Invasion for that.

Perhaps post your save, should make it clear what exactly is or is not missing.

Online Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: Today at 11:11:17 pm »
That's the thing, I've got alien vocab long ago and I've even interrogated an alien commander, I'm on the stage of Heavy Plasmas and power suits and it's like 2006.

And for the latter I've done into the dark and interrogated reptoid agents but nothing other than those missions.

Don't underestimate Darkstar (ultimate radar craft) or even Kitsune if that's all you have access too. These crafts will find UFO's and bases.
Find a location you see a lot of activity in and patrol that area, clicking the 5 minute button for 2 seconds minimum. Keep changing locations, find bases= find more commanders.