Author Topic: Translation – Czech  (Read 35129 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Translation – Czech 0.99J12 (99.8%)
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2021, 02:34:24 am »
I wonder what/who is Polymakh? What is Polymakh's Cap (golden crown with cross on it)? Should it be some Pope's cap? I would like to know.

This is a case of intentional butchery of language for effect. In this case mutation of language by time.

Much like Piroman Empire, is in fact the Roman empire. But the brainers are to far removed to get it right.

First to the object itself, it appears to be a version of the crown of the Tsars(from 1498 till 1682) know to us as Monomakh's Cap after it first presumed wearer Vladimir Monomakh. Which seems to getting conflated with polygamous from the context of the of the first sentence. 

So two conflated words, intentionally smoshed for prose effect. Thou i personally think polymath is smoshed in as well cause that what Polymakh kinda sounds like spoken aloud.

I would be of the opinion to preserve it as is, since its used as a possessive proper noun.     

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Translation – Czech
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2021, 10:21:58 pm »
Thank you very much. Pyroman Empire was clear to me. But even the pronunciation of polymath hasn't helped me. I never heard about Vladimir Monomakh until now.
He's Polymačo in Czech now. :)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Translation – Czech 0.99J12 (99.8%)
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2021, 03:10:20 am »
after it first presumed wearer Vladimir Monomakh. Which seems to getting conflated with polygamous from the context of the of the first sentence. 

well, even exist nuc.submarine Vladimir Monomakh, Borei class (Acula Advanced), nuc.missiles sub  :o
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_submarine_Vladimir_Monomakh

hehe, such funny~cute  ~ / curious ..habit,  give the names of the vessels after various rulers, and other famous ppls