Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238589 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #495 on: August 10, 2016, 01:12:08 am »
Is the reaction check needed for marking your characters location?  Admittedly, just not having the reaction check, unless they are actively aware of you, if that's possible, would be useful by itself.  Even if you were still an available target for voodoo or later flanking attempts or whatever they decide to do.

After this stuff, all we need is a better version of the aye-phone, the ability to cut the lights, greater morale hits when they don't know what just killed their allies, and we would be able to do full on Predator or Sam Fisher shenanigans.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 10, 2016, 01:19:06 am »

All what would be needed is ability to disable Reactions check on such a weapon/ammo, or allow for a bonus to said check.
This already done. You can modify reaction check logic by scripts.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2016, 02:02:44 am »

I think it's going more in the direction of having actual pilots. Like, gals.

Fine by me:

Firing Accuracy and Reactions correlates with ship Accuracy (Accuracy more heavily weighted, Reactions needed to react to the enemy's evasive maneuvers; perhaps Reactions are more important vs smaller/lighter or faster craft?),

Reactions and Bravery with Dodge (Reactions more heavily weighted, Bravery signifying the courage and resolve needed to do the aerial stunts necessary).

Critical Hit chance might be a function of Accuracy and Voodoo Mastery (Accuracy more heavily weighted; VooDoo Mastery alludes to using the 'force/schwartz' to place devastating shots Luke Skywalker style).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:05:55 am by Surrealistik »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2016, 02:54:37 am »
Random jokes on the main topic brought up a potentially useful idea:  After finding records of it, or possibly actually having a crew member fall for one, a manufacturing project that has you do a Nigerian Prince Scam.  Low cost, high reward, decent chance of a crackdown aimed directly to whatever base did the project.  For added humor, there could be a slight misunderstanding, which might be intentionally done by the Brainers, it would be called a Nigerian/Hidden Expanse/Theban Prince Albert scam.

I might have a childish sense of humor

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2016, 03:09:55 am »
This already done. You can modify reaction check logic by scripts.

Please tell me how :) Eg. I want a silenced pistol that counts your Reactions as being double for the purpose of enemy Reaction to your attack done with it (same can be added for X-Bows).

Firing Accuracy and Reactions correlates with ship Accuracy (Accuracy more heavily weighted, Reactions needed to react to the enemy's evasive maneuvers; perhaps Reactions are more important vs smaller/lighter or faster craft?),

Reactions and Bravery with Dodge (Reactions more heavily weighted, Bravery signifying the courage and resolve needed to do the aerial stunts necessary).

Critical Hit chance might be a function of Accuracy and Voodoo Mastery (Accuracy more heavily weighted; VooDoo Mastery alludes to using the 'force/schwartz' to place devastating shots Luke Skywalker style).

1. Yes (no need to differentiate between target size, craft weapon accuracy is least important when engaging big ships due to huge to-hit bonus)
2. Yes
3. No critical hits possible so far, so no.
4. Approach/Disengage speed. Bravery is most important, Reactions second.

However the problem is that Reactions bonus that is given by armors is meant for ground combat (Firing and Bravery are ambiguous enough). Unless the Pilot Suit will have such Reaction bonus that not even Guerilla will compare (balanced out by a host of ground combat penalties).

Random jokes on the main topic brought up a potentially useful idea:  After finding records of it, or possibly actually having a crew member fall for one, a manufacturing project that has you do a Nigerian Prince Scam.  Low cost, high reward, decent chance of a crackdown aimed directly to whatever base did the project.  For added humor, there could be a slight misunderstanding, which might be intentionally done by the Brainers, it would be called a Nigerian/Hidden Expanse/Theban Prince Albert scam.

Possible to add in some capacity, but certainly not as manufacture project. Maybe as a single mission 'Deprincing Nigeria' that allows to take revenge for the waste of time and points the scam was.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:11:29 am by Dioxine »

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 10, 2016, 03:13:58 am »
Nice, I didn't know you could modify approach/disengage speed.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 10, 2016, 03:21:30 am »
Ohh, make it a quest chain, where you just keep missing the people responsible or keep going after the middle man, have to research or interrogate your way to the next step in the chain.  I don't know what reward would be worthy of the aggravation, but to be able to take down the group doing it might be enough.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #502 on: August 10, 2016, 03:25:14 am »
A quest chain? Sounds like weeks of work :)

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 10, 2016, 06:41:22 am »
Is it possible to award points for manufacturing and selling objects? What about triggering retaliation missions based on how much stuff the player sells?

It seems like a lot of people (myself included) enjoy building dedicated factory bases. It would be nice if you didn't have to worry so much about maintaining your score while gals heal, and it would be interesting if the Church or Guild decided to crack down on bootlegging and counterfit goods.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 10, 2016, 06:57:31 am »
As mentioned elsewhere, I'm really sold on the idea of Clandestine/Govt flagged 'Cleaner Crews'/Deathsquads consisting of tanks and Elite Govt troops; what program would I use to compile a dropship ufo for them?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #505 on: August 10, 2016, 08:01:56 am »
You need Mapview to build a map, and probably MCDEdit by Volutar if you want to edit your own tiles. Both are (were?) linked on the OXC main page.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 10, 2016, 10:01:52 am »
To be honest I don't understand why a rifle from what looks like Napoleonic era should compete against modern weapons.
Yes, they do the job when they hit people who aren't wearing modern armour, but they're still shit-tier.

I would agree, if it were in real life. However this is PirateZ, where hunting bows are high precision weapons of mass murdering and a sledge hammer is an efficient weapon to destroy tanks.  ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #507 on: August 10, 2016, 10:56:37 am »
I would agree, if it were in real life. However this is PirateZ, where hunting bows are high precision weapons of mass murdering and a sledge hammer is an efficient weapon to destroy tanks.  ;)

OK, I understand your argument that there are some simplifications, either for gameplay reasons or (more often) because it's a work in progress. But it doesn't mean we can use it as an excuse in this case...
...or I just don't know. I think it'll be resolved with more detailed early game.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #508 on: August 10, 2016, 02:04:38 pm »
No need to resolve anything, I've already said that the Flintlock Rifle is as good (or bad) as intened, and fits into its tier just fine.

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:48 pm »
No need to resolve anything, I've already said that the Flintlock Rifle is as good (or bad) as intened, and fits into its tier just fine.

The tier of weapons that get ignored because it's easy enough to steal real guns early game.