Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238561 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #645 on: September 02, 2016, 02:14:07 pm »
Wrong movie, think of something WAY more known.

mortal kombat?

As for the soldier diaries brake into 0.99A, i was wondering, in the recap screen after a battle, instead of first award, second award and so on, might be displayed the exact ward name instead (eg. some kind of best friend, etc.)

(kinda of) explanatory screenshot attached :)

I am slowly dying inside every time I read any of your comments.

The exact name of award as shown in bootypedia is also shown on this screen... IN YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED TEXT, so that nobody can miss it. Except for you of course.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:18:20 pm by Meridian »

niculinux

« Reply #646 on: September 02, 2016, 03:44:39 pm »
mortal kombat?

The exact name of award as shown in bootypedia is also shown on this screen... IN YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED TEXT, so that nobody can miss it. Except for you of course.

ok, realized later...sorry  :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:27:53 pm by niculinux »

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 02, 2016, 06:55:25 pm »
Armed.civilians has been a long standing request. It has been implemented in the nightly version, so next time Yankees updates it might get in. I'm hoping we can see those big muon looking mutants punch a few heads when it comes about :D

Wait! What? This has come to pass? Holy shit... I thought I'd be in the ground by then.

Could you kindly point me at it so I can take a good look at it?? I am silly excited for no reason.

thanks!!!

-HH

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 03, 2016, 08:47:49 am »
I've heard this topic might be at the end of its life, but I have another suggestion that just fits best here:  A hotkey that would turn off the flight module for the selected unit, drops them to the ground really fast.  Should take some TUs and maybe give stun damage base on fall distance, though that's a slippery slope.  If we get a temporary flight spell, as the voodoo topic is suggesting, I'd request that it not be able to be canceled in this manner. Magical levitation has its risks.

Offline dedok13x

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 03, 2016, 04:08:02 pm »
Hello everyone!
First of all: many thanks Dioxine for such great mod and Meridian for his really important addings.

My 2 cents for topic (hope this is NOT wrong topic for this): it makes sense to sell credit chips for a lower price. 50%, maybe. Because who needs buy currency from crime organization for its "nominal" price? Also 50% because for higher rate exists another corruption schemes for making money from air (for more realism, in other words). And to offset this make new research topic and workshop project - "Сounterfeit money" but not necessary (because I like Xpiratez for it "constant lack of money mode", makes me to use "Finanses" and "Base maintenance" buttons")

P.S. Sorry for my english  :(

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:11:50 pm by dedok13x »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 03, 2016, 05:22:50 pm »
I think you can consider that you use the credit chips to pay for stuff instead of the money in your funds. Having to sell the chips before buying stuff is just the current mechanic because the engine doesn't let you give actual money as loot for enemies.

Also, counterfeiting is in. Just keep playing. There's hardly a money making crime you can't do in this mod.

Hey Dioxine, what about taking assassination contracts? That's one that isn't there yet.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #651 on: September 03, 2016, 05:31:45 pm »
Planned in the future.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 03, 2016, 06:18:22 pm »
Of course! What won't be in Piratez? :) Always looking forward to more content!

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 05, 2016, 01:54:15 am »
From a slightly different perspective, you need to convert the credits into an easier to use currency, as an example, converting hundred dollar bills into ones, fives, tens, twenties, whatever.  Assuming your gals are smart enough, it shouldn't be hard to get full price for the credits, it's just a matter of going to a bank or the equivalent and converting them into more useful types of money, choose well and there shouldn't even be a service fee.

What could be fun is looting different currencies, used by some of the smaller factions or magacorps of the setting, that converting into useful cash does require dealing with conversion costs. Like the NCR dollar to bottlecap, from Fallout.  It might even be possible to make the exchange rates fluctuate, allowing you to try to wait for a profit, though probably that's far more work than anyone really wants to do.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 05, 2016, 05:34:42 am »
Meh unless business models are part of your gameplay just leave wealth as wealth. New Vegas even did this with multiple currencies because the conversion was fixed. It was all just fluffyness along the lines of gems, Electrum, and platinum in DnD. At the end of the day still generic wealth as far as the player is concerned.