Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238837 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #345 on: July 31, 2016, 10:11:37 am »
The problem is that if you have tie a "enemy hideout entrance" map to the supply ship, that will also be the map when you shoot down the craft in the middle of nowhere, and that makes no sense. BetaSpectre's idea of making it behave like a terror mission is cool, you can have an "offload intercept" mission. But that also has the problem that there is no craft flying off after..

The ideal solution would be to be able to define a crash map (or not define it, and leave it up to globe texture) and a landed map (which in this case would be the hideout entrance). Then maybe even tie different deployment options to the different maps, to represent some crew from the hideout coming to help unloading.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #346 on: July 31, 2016, 07:03:59 pm »
This would require an option to define "crash map" and "landing map" if needed...

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 31, 2016, 07:25:50 pm »
This would require an option to define "crash map" and "landing map" if needed...

...on todo list.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2016, 09:07:47 pm »
Some small suggestions:

- Give the Humanist Activists some torches for their progrom.
- Also other factions should carry appropriate light sources (at least some units of the lower ranks).
- Some (only a few) of the civilian vessels should land. This would increase the interaction with them during the early game. When I noticed, that they never land, they are just ignored for many months until you get an interceptor.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10:05 pm »
Some small suggestions:

- Give the Humanist Activists some torches for their progrom.
- Also other factions should carry appropriate light sources (at least some units of the lower ranks).

The AI won't use such items, as of how it is coded now.

- Some (only a few) of the civilian vessels should land. This would increase the interaction with them during the early game. When I noticed, that they never land, they are just ignored for many months until you get an interceptor.

Not true, some of them do land. Also an interceptor is available from Day 1 now.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2016, 09:20:07 pm »

Not true, some of them do land. Also an interceptor is available from Day 1 now.

:o  the new aircar can be fitted with a weapon. I completely missed that. Cool!

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 02, 2016, 09:07:58 pm »
I would like to have the possibility of finding, looting, stealing, or even buying a treasure map, would lead to a mission where you have to fight other treasure hunters and most likely Deep Ones or Dark Ones who just happen to be in the area.  Maybe have a one in ten or whatever chance of there just not being any actual treasure, maybe it was a hoax, or maybe someone else got there first.

Best case scenario, you get the treasure and the loot from the other guys, worst still decent scenario, you just get the loot.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 02, 2016, 09:11:00 pm »
I would like to have the possibility of finding, looting, stealing, or even buying a treasure map, would lead to a mission where you have to fight other treasure hunters and most likely Deep Ones or Dark Ones who just happen to be in the area.  Maybe have a one in ten or whatever chance of there just not being any actual treasure, maybe it was a hoax, or maybe someone else got there first.

Best case scenario, you get the treasure and the loot from the other guys, worst still decent scenario, you just get the loot.

Yeah, it's a nice idea.

Maybe make it a two-part mission? The first part above, the second underground? I don't mean a huge map, maybe a 40x40 cave system with goodies.
I need an underground tileset for X-Com Files, so we can cooperate. :)

niculinux

« Reply #353 on: August 02, 2016, 09:12:46 pm »
Hey, how about a "sheriff" unit? Eg. Govt. sheriff? So wevall may sing, "i shot the sherif".

No troll post, sriously. A couple law enforcements units may add a bit of mood to the game :)

Edit: i agree with solarius hint, a bit of TFTD alike. Maybe in advanced raid missions?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 02, 2016, 09:15:02 pm »
Hey, how about a "sheriff" unit? Eg. Govt. sheriff? So wevall may sing, "i shot the sherif".

No troll post, sriously. A couple law enforcements units may add a bit of mood to the game :)

Well, it could be a variant of the Watchtower-like missions... But would you really play it? You get negative points for killing govt guys, for little gain. And besides, why would the piratez attack a sheriff office? It's not like you can get a free gal by freeing them... Sadly.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 02, 2016, 09:25:30 pm »
You might be able to get Brainers and Runts though.  They'd need some way to show up on the battlescape though.  Maybe attacking a slaver camp?

Units I'm wondering about are the female Humanists and the legendary female Spartan who got past scout rank.  Oh, and Androids/Gynoids.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 02, 2016, 09:27:50 pm »
You might be able to get Brainers and Runts though.

Can you?
No, seriously, can you? I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 02, 2016, 09:31:15 pm »
I don't know if it's possible, but they appear to be set as resources, not units, so seems probable to me, with my total lack of knowledge on the inner workings of this game :)

niculinux

« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2016, 09:54:53 pm »
Well, it could be a variant of the Watchtower-like missions... But would you really play it? You get negative points for killing govt guys, for little gain. And besides, why would the piratez attack a sheriff office? It's not like you can get a free gal by freeing them... Sadly.

I knoe, but having these in the game does not necessairly means the player should kill them..besudes that lead to a potential interestin point..gain advantage for killing out corrupted officers (essenctially by accident)..player should not know where they are, bur may be a nuce random bonus to piratez fame?  Don't know well how to develop this but seems fascinating :)

Edit: typos
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:01:03 pm by niculinux »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 03, 2016, 04:36:34 am »
It would be useful if we could see estimated travel time for our vessels to get to whatever target we set, be it a waypoint, a pogrom, shipping, or whatever.  I don't know if this is actually possible, I know it was used in Xenonauts, though.

Another idea would be to have it state what time of day, dawn, day, evening, night, the target should be in when the vessel would get there.  This could allow for slightly better planning on what equipment to bring.

I do think both ideas would need to be behind a research wall, both would require better time keeping than a group of neobarbs would logically have easy access to.