aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720646 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2016, 10:36:13 am »
This "bullet conservation" sounds all nice but I don't want to be forced to double all the ammo prices... they were balanced with the old system in mind. In reality, it would discourage instead of encourage to use expensive weapons since the clips would be even more expensive than they are now (get 3 clips 40k each, fire a couple of shots, get f*cked by the RNG three times).

As for "partial clip" solution, while it is most reasonable wouldn't it baloon the savefile size? The saving times are already considerably long...
Probably not, Depending how it was implemented it would add around 20x8 (different clip x bases) new lines to save game. This is lot less than around 2K lines that save can have.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2016, 11:09:38 am »
More like, 15k lines or more, at least in Piratez with the newest build. But yeah doesn't seem like a big difference. Might be a bit tricky to implement as things like selling and transfers have to be taken into consideration.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2016, 01:23:22 pm »
It is fixed on 2.5b branch already, I will merge it to 2.9 over the weekend.

Done.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2016, 01:47:42 pm »
How about moving this to 2.9 altogether? I will update the mod as soon as possible and we'll be able to work on 2.9 from then on, instead of keeping to 2.5b.
Right now I'm working on armor preview icons, I should add at least that and fire extinguishers to the new release as well, and maybe a few little things (sounds maybe poor compared to my usual output but I have much less time for modding lately. MONEY problems). Still no bigob for fire extinguisher but maybe I'll find something.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2016, 01:56:54 pm »
How about moving this to 2.9 altogether?

I still haven't been able to compile a version, which would not crash when playing intro.

I think there is something wrong with YAML library, but I cannot even debug it, because in debug mode it crashes without even getting to that point (either before or just when oxc starts).
I'll have to invest more time into it; in the meantime the safest way is to use the standalone OXCE+ exe built by Yankes.

EDIT: if you want to release 2.9+ now, let's ask Yankes to build a recent version for us (https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commits/oxce2.9-plus-proto). The one I can build on my own is not stable enough for a release.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:05:03 pm by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »
in the meantime the safest way is to use the standalone OXCE+ exe built by Yankes.

I will wait then, I'm not using any features from 2.9 yet while using a lot of features from your build. I don't want to have several separate versions.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2016, 03:09:32 pm »
I still haven't been able to compile a version, which would not crash when playing intro.

I think there is something wrong with YAML library, but I cannot even debug it, because in debug mode it crashes without even getting to that point (either before or just when oxc starts).
I'll have to invest more time into it; in the meantime the safest way is to use the standalone OXCE+ exe built by Yankes.

EDIT: if you want to release 2.9+ now, let's ask Yankes to build a recent version for us (https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commits/oxce2.9-plus-proto). The one I can build on my own is not stable enough for a release.
I'm now preparing to compile your branch, when it ready I will post link to exe.

Btw How you use yaml lib? as external library or part of project? At least in my build env I drop in yaml source files as part of project. One possible crash cause could be mismatch between debug version of lib and openxcom.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »
Btw How you use yaml lib? as external library or part of project? At least in my build env I drop in yaml source files as part of project. One possible crash cause could be mismatch between debug version of lib and openxcom.

As external library.

I am investigating more on the issue now and yaml-cpp is probably not the problem.
It's probably the SDL mixer.

The crash happens when "Mix_OpenAudio" is called for the second time, i.e.:
 - after intro
 - after changing audio/mods settings (and the game needs restart)

Any idea what could be causing that?

I use:
 - SDL: 1.2.15
 - SDL_gfx: 2.0.25
 - SDL_image: 1.2.12
 - SDL_mixer: 1.2.12 (+ dynamically loaded DLLs for flac, mikmod, ogg and so on... the same ones which are in the official package for vs2010 on the ufopedia)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2016, 03:38:22 pm »
the ammo prices... they were balanced with the old system in mind
[/quote]
You convinced me :D Don't change ammo system then.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2016, 03:40:26 pm »
Strange that C libs break with C++11 (or VS2015). 2.5 compiled under new compiler work fine?

And for compiling exe, there are links:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/qi9qh6s62tkna8d/OpenXcomExPlus.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/download/ix6822c9t02iudi/OpenXcomExPlusElf.zip

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2016, 03:58:46 pm »
Just dropping this here.  I got a crash to desktop from clicking on STR_GRAND_TOTAL in the Vaults through the base logs.  Not quite sure where the extra string for that was supposed to dwell, but it didn't bother me much.  I've never clicked on it though until now. XD
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:11:56 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2016, 06:28:34 pm »
That reminds me I forgot to send the save game to Meridan.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2016, 11:32:52 pm »
Yes, please, Ivan and Cristao, send me a save where I can see the crash.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2016, 11:45:15 pm »
Here is a save.  I updated to the 2/13 .exe and still got a crash.

Offline Gyuudon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 16, 2016, 07:33:54 am »
Are you and Dioxine going to eventually merge paths? Or forever forked? Been enjoying what you've modded in through your LPs.