aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720124 times)

Offline vetzki

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE+] Original discussion thread
« Reply #1665 on: September 03, 2018, 10:37:10 am »
try
git clone https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom -b oxce3.5-plus-proto
after cloning:
cd OpenXcom
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
ccmake ..  # adjust options
make # -jcpus

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 03, 2018, 04:06:22 pm »
Balance suggestion:

There is a feature which makes weapon reload time dependent on which slot the ammo is being pulled from, but it's unbalanced. The vanilla TU cost to reload is 15, but in OXCE+ it is 15+X where X is the TU cost to move the ammo to the weapon hand. It's anywhere from 3-8 TUs usually, thus the final TU cost is like 18-23, much higher than the original 15. If the base value was changed to 10, then the final value would be more like 13-18, closer to the original 15 and thus not affecting the balance much.

I changed the weapons in my mod to use 10 TUs as the base value, but I think you should consider changing the default to 10. Having it at 15 disrupted the balance of one of my weapons which relied on a cheap reload time to be able to fire 3 times in one turn. In OXCE+ initially it could only fire twice per turn.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 03, 2018, 04:21:39 pm »
In general, I understand and almost agree.

In practice:
- needs to happen in OXCE, we don't want a difference between OXCE and OXCE+
- megamods like piratez have already done the tedious work of changing/balancing this for every weapon... I don't want to make them do it again...

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 03, 2018, 05:35:19 pm »
I mean that link for OXCE+ is not working.
 https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/#/ExtendedPlus

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 03, 2018, 06:13:24 pm »
I mean that link for OXCE+ is not working.
 https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/#/ExtendedPlus

I have reported it to Stoddard, without reply yet.
I have no control over that website... we'll just have to wait a little.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 03, 2018, 08:13:02 pm »
Balance suggestion:

There is a feature which makes weapon reload time dependent on which slot the ammo is being pulled from, but it's unbalanced. The vanilla TU cost to reload is 15, but in OXCE+ it is 15+X where X is the TU cost to move the ammo to the weapon hand. It's anywhere from 3-8 TUs usually, thus the final TU cost is like 18-23, much higher than the original 15. If the base value was changed to 10, then the final value would be more like 13-18, closer to the original 15 and thus not affecting the balance much.

I changed the weapons in my mod to use 10 TUs as the base value, but I think you should consider changing the default to 10. Having it at 15 disrupted the balance of one of my weapons which relied on a cheap reload time to be able to fire 3 times in one turn. In OXCE+ initially it could only fire twice per turn.
Yes this is change from vanilla but is really that big?
a) most normal weapons from ufo need couple of turns of shooting before next reload.
b) this have bigger "game play" depth because is difference between QS slot and backpack, this mean placemen of ammo matters, keep it in hand and you will pay 0 extra. If you can't, use slot that is fastest, this will give on avenge total cost of 18 not 23.
c) not all solder could shoot 3 times and reload with original reload cost and other can even with bigger cost.
d) As Meridian said most big mods are already balanced around this cost, or if not then its mean this change do not affect balance.
e) You can change this cost per item if it matters.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 03, 2018, 10:31:53 pm »
I have reported it to Stoddard, without reply yet.
I have no control over that website... we'll just have to wait a little.
Where can I download ready version of OXCE+ then for linux?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 03, 2018, 10:36:41 pm »
Where can I download ready version of OXCE+ then for linux?

At the moment... nowhere.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 04, 2018, 10:47:36 am »
(long time hiatus, re-playing Piratez, greatly surprised by all the good changes in the mod and the base OXCE+ program).
Since it's a feature of OXCE+, this thread may be the right place to ask this question:
Is it possible when doing transfers between bases to filter and show only the items already at the destination ? Like it's Program dependent or mod dependent ?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 04, 2018, 11:11:26 am »
Is it possible when doing transfers between bases to filter and show only the items already at the destination ? Like it's Program dependent or mod dependent ?

It's program dependent.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 04, 2018, 09:34:19 pm »
It's program dependent.

How worthy is the feature to be included in the to-do list of updates for OXCE+ ?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 05, 2018, 12:23:35 am »
How worthy is the feature to be included in the to-do list of updates for OXCE+ ?

I like how careful your question is :)

I've put it on the todolist... if there is a "non-disturbing" way to sneak it into the existing GUI, I'll try...
... one more question though... can you describe in which situations would this feature be useful to you? So that I have an idea how it will be used...

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 05, 2018, 12:56:03 am »
I like how careful your question is :)

I've put it on the todolist... if there is a "non-disturbing" way to sneak it into the existing GUI, I'll try...
... one more question though... can you describe in which situations would this feature be useful to you? So that I have an idea how it will be used...

My day-time job deals a lot with "minefield" questions, so it came "naturally" at the time of posting (yes, I'm at work ATM).  :)

As per situations. I'm playing Piratez at the moment and my interaction comes from OXCE+ and the mod. I see a pull down menu on the top left that allows the filtering of items based on all sort of categories.  I see also pull down menus on the craft inventory screen, like the one that says "equipped", where one can "top-off" items as needed. A similar feature may come useful for bases.

My intended use is for example, if I have assigned certain satellite bases to store each different class of items, like one base for craft parts, another for raw materials, another for surplus weapons, etc. Then after a mission where my local storage is overflow, or any other time, I can dispatch the excess to each of the corresponding bases. The ability to filter and show only items existing at the destination (from the pull down menu, for example), would come very handy.

I guess this may not be an issue for other mods, but for Piratez and its hundreds of different items, this would easy the pain a bit  :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 07, 2018, 11:43:58 pm »
New OXCE+ version is up.

2018-09-07
 - Merged OXCE 4.0 (2018-08-24)
 - Merged latest OXC 1.0 (2018-09-06)

New OXC ruleset:
 - RuleSoldier: "value"
 - RuleUfo: "markerLand", "markerCrash"
 - RuleMissionScript: "targetBaseOdds" now works also for mission sites

New OXCE ruleset:
 - RuleSoldier: "requiresBuyBaseFunc"
 - RuleCraft: "requiresBuyBaseFunc"
 - RuleItem: "requiresBuyBaseFunc"
 - RuleItem: "confXXX"->"arcing"

EDIT: Download: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedPlus/Extended-4.0-f2005ae8a-2018-09-15-win32.7z

This version needs testing, if you have time and courage, please help...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:58:01 am by Meridian »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 08, 2018, 01:31:25 am »
After having done the upgrade to V4.0, the order of all my research subjects has changed.
The decrypted discs, pillow books aren`t now anymore down the list, but more in the middle.

It is now a little bit confusing.

Researchable living people are now mixed with items in the research list.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:35:02 am by LouisdeFuines »