aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433927 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2370 on: June 18, 2018, 12:02:48 am »
It is intentional that a few projects, generally repeatables that yield nothing but fluff have 0 cost. With cost 0 they will finish at the end of the next day once the projects are started.

Offline Haggashed

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: June 19, 2018, 05:30:22 pm »
not a major bug or maybe its intentional but the Theban Dress can't punch.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: June 20, 2018, 02:13:25 am »
One of the interception music tracks doesn't seem to be playing; when it comes up instead of the other tracks that do play, there's only silence while I chase down the shipping.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: June 23, 2018, 01:49:20 am »
During a Cruising Counsellor mission I knocked out a Counsellor and three Thralls.  However I only captured the Counsellor.  Has anyone else captured a Thrall or are they bugged?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2374 on: June 23, 2018, 08:03:11 am »
They're noncapurable.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: June 27, 2018, 07:19:26 pm »
STR_FISTY_UFOPEDIA: "A dagger is so un-posh in this time and age! This cute little thing improves the ancient art of pugilism with the added excitement of delivering a crippling electric strike straight to your opponent's jawbone. Attacks with lethal electrical currents. It will be even more effective in the hands of warriors who can land a particularly heavy blow.{NEWLINE}POWER Bonus: STRENGTH*0.4 + MELEE*0.1{NEWLINE}."

MELEE*0.1{NEWLINE}.
>
MELEE*0.1

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 02, 2018, 05:21:12 am »
The battlescape music in underwater missions sometimes doesn't play.

Offline boss300

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports; Stamina Recovery Bug
« Reply #2377 on: July 02, 2018, 03:14:33 pm »
Hello,

Apologies in advance if this is a known issue.  I've played X-piratez for about a year, and update pretty regularly to stay on the latest build (I fuck up so much that its really no problem to start new games often)

One issue I've run into in every build I've tried is Stamina recovery items failing to provide any stamina back, despite using up turn units.  This has happened to me with moonshine, x-grog, and atom beer, and as you can imagine gets me killed almost every single time it happens.  Gals effected by this bug cannot recover stamina from any item on the turn where the glitch happens, but are able to restore stamina on the next turn (assuming they survive)

I hope this isn't a mechanic, because it really makes Stamina items kind of a detriment to equip, and makes it a lot harder to use high stamina cost items like large melee weapons and throwing weapons like javelins, fuso knives, axes etc (which I really like because they give high throwing acc low melee and firing gals the chance to be very dangerous)

Thanks to anyone who reads this and anyone working on the game, I really love this mod more than most games I've tried in the past 5 years.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 02, 2018, 04:25:43 pm »
One issue I've run into in every build I've tried is Stamina recovery items failing to provide any stamina back, despite using up turn units.  This has happened to me with moonshine, x-grog, and atom beer, and as you can imagine gets me killed almost every single time it happens.  Gals effected by this bug cannot recover stamina from any item on the turn where the glitch happens, but are able to restore stamina on the next turn (assuming they survive)

Always look at the tooltip if you're healing yourself, or a friend (standing next to you or lying on the ground), etc.

You were probably applying stims to a different unit than you wanted.

Offline boss300

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 03, 2018, 12:36:00 am »
You were probably applying stims to a different unit than you wanted.

That's a really nice way to say I've been passing drinks out to people I'm swinging at

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2380 on: July 04, 2018, 08:17:17 am »
My copy isn't letting me changed the control keys through the interface, I've been having to make changes directly in the options.cfg file. I can't figure out what would be stopping from doing it.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 05, 2018, 06:36:12 am »
My copy isn't letting me changed the control keys through the interface, I've been having to make changes directly in the options.cfg file. I can't figure out what would be stopping from doing it.
Depending on where you unpacked the game, your permission settings or your AV might prevent X-Piratez writing to the file.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2382 on: July 05, 2018, 11:58:47 am »
Other options in the same file can be changed from inside the game, just not the keys for some reason. I have it installed at c:\Games\XPiratez, so even the permission issues shouldn't affect this. And specifically what happens is when I click on the control to be changed, it does nothing, though if I right-click it will delete the key.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 05, 2018, 12:02:03 pm »
Other options in the same file can be changed from inside the game, just not the keys for some reason. I have it installed at c:\Games\XPiratez, so even the permission issues shouldn't affect this. And specifically what happens is when I click on the control to be changed, it does nothing, though if I right-click it will delete the key.

What hotkey are you trying to set?

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2384 on: July 05, 2018, 12:05:59 pm »
Any of them, really. As of now the 3 I really wanted to change have been done manually. I moved the night vision toggle to N, and switch deselect unit with next unit. But on my next update I'd like to be able to do it through the interface . . . or at least know why XPiratez isn't letting me when the regular OpenXCom does.