Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1470745 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1530 on: April 17, 2017, 12:08:47 am »
You're right, they don't influence it, what I was seeing was the overloaded message keeping you from loading the ship even after it was completely empty, it reset if you left the inventory and went back.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1531 on: April 17, 2017, 03:43:46 am »
I already said it was a bug, no item limit was ever intended.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 17, 2017, 06:46:31 am »
As long as it was clearly shown and didn't have fits when you accidentally tried to overload it, ship limits would probably be fine, I'm OK with or without it.

Honestly I'm just glad I don't run into more bugs and that those we see are fixed quickly.  Everyone involved is awesome, especially Dioxine.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 17, 2017, 12:08:20 pm »
Here's a save on the way to the crash.  I tried it three times and it crashed every time, so if you don't get anything then I must have just borked something when I upgraded.

There is a 40x40 map.
First a 20x20 UFO (Fighter craft, VES_200 map) is placed in the very middle, see screenshot.
And subsequently a 20x20 craft (Nightmare craft, HUNTERKILLER map) cannot be placed anywhere and game crashes.

Used mapscript is:
Code: [Select]
  - type: DESERT
    commands:
    - type: addUFO
    - type: addCraft
    - type: addBlock
      size: 2
      executions: 3
    - type: fillArea

Workaround: Turn on save scumming, so that UFO is placed somewhere else. Or just do anything that uses RNG before landing. Or use a smaller craft.
Fix: I'll leave that to Dioxine's creativity.

Offline MadHaTr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 17, 2017, 11:48:51 pm »
Bug:  I had a sharp guy in the workshop ready to be robbed, the project had no been started and no assigned runts.  I forgot what Item sharp guy gives me so I thought I would remove it and add it back.  The bug , the sharp guy was deleted.

Autosave is before,  x1 save is after.   The ship is returning from a mission with the sharp guy in the autosave. Once it returns you may reproduce the bug by simply adding a sharp guy robbery with no runts and then removing it and trying to add it again. The sharp guy is gone.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1535 on: April 17, 2017, 11:51:56 pm »
Unfortunately this is not a bug.  An items used in a manufacturing project are instantly consumed and are not redeemed if the project is cancelled.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:19 pm »
Unfortunately this is not a bug.  An items used in a manufacturing project are instantly consumed and are not redeemed if the project is cancelled.
Small clarification only the first set of inputs is irrevocably lost. If you have ordered multiples of something only one set of inputs is consumed at a time.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1537 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54:42 am »
When you click 'aye' in production, the resources are lost. Makes sense IMO since often resources are physically destroyed in the process.

Offline EricPhail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 18, 2017, 01:23:37 am »
Personally I feel the resources should be consumed upon completion of 1st manhour of production (but that is probably more difficult to setup). Means projects that leave no space in the workshop can be safely canceled if accidentaly started (eg. drill).  Seems strange things would be destroyed before a runt has swung a tool but as I said earlier the clicking 'aye' thing is probably a fair enough approximation.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 18, 2017, 02:17:46 am »
Only reason I hit aye is to check the pricing stuff, so far I haven't had anything that requires resources be worth enough to worry about that, though I understand it's eventually a thing.

Any way to have it consume the item at the first 5 seconds of actual production? so it requires leaving the base while there's actually runts assigned?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1540 on: April 19, 2017, 01:32:54 am »
Would be good, but someone would have to code it.

Offline emikochan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 19, 2017, 06:41:27 am »
Hi and thanks for making the greatest mod I've ever played ^_^

I'm getting a crash every time I try to manufacture the Healer outfit (saviour armour i think it's called?)

Only base i can build at is RataSum, i could try it at another base after building all the prereqs there but that'd take months...

Help please, can't seem to find anything about it when I use the search function.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 19, 2017, 10:17:48 am »
Help please, can't seem to find anything about it when I use the search function.

Well, you're playing a 15+ month old version of XPirateZ, is there any place I can still download it from to try?
And which version exactly are you playing?

Offline emikochan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 19, 2017, 10:21:48 am »
Oh! is there a newer version? I only started playing a few months ago.

Version 2.5b+

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 19, 2017, 10:22:55 am »
Oh! is there a newer version? I only started playing a few months ago.

Version 2.5b+

2.5b+ is the version of OXCE+, not PirateZ... piratez should be something like 0.9x or something... where did you download it from?