Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1460014 times)

Offline Phaethon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1500 on: April 06, 2017, 09:37:07 pm »
Sorry, I just deleted everything to reinstall a clean game to patch and once it did so again I completely removed the game and files from my pc.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 08, 2017, 12:54:11 am »
Finally got back to my computer.  I was trying Scorch's suggestion when I saw I had pasted the possibleMissions section in the wrong place.  I just moved my old data and it worked.  I'd just like to thank everyone who gave me advice.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 09, 2017, 12:01:25 am »
Fun question:

What is "Human Powered Armor" in terms of an item?
I'm a bit puzzled how to obtain this thing...

Besides no clue how to get this I wonder why researching a Firebat-captive doesn't count for understanding power-armor.
I can't reach "Heavy Maschinery Training" due to this and  can't research school graduation. (besides too early for my taste to even waste brainer power to this topic - August 2602)

Am I missing something or do I have to roll double snakes on the dice to get the mission/vessel to plunder the item?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 09, 2017, 02:34:06 am »
human powered armor is power armor parts. Power armor parts in turn are found from dead power armored foes like Marsec Bodyguards. Researching live captures of power armored foes will not yield the necessary item. One the few cases where a foe is worth more to tech progress dead then alive 

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 09, 2017, 03:19:16 am »
Actually, some captive researches will.   I remember standing over my first Marsec Bodyguard bleeding on the ground, deciding whether to heal or kill.  Took him alive, researched him and got powered armor tech as free bonus. :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 09, 2017, 06:58:55 am »
To my knowledge Marsec Bodyguards are the only one with power armor on there get one free list. Even then there are ~10 items on that list. Death assures progress on a critical component of play.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 10, 2017, 06:36:42 am »
I had the same issue with end of month crashing. Oddly the first month after updating allowed me to continue playing by pressing "ignore", but the next was a crash no matter what. Examining the save file it seems the game never fully reconstructed the possible missions section, so that does indeed seem to not be a good idea to remove. :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1507 on: April 10, 2017, 03:38:52 pm »
I had the same issue with end of month crashing. Oddly the first month after updating allowed me to continue playing by pressing "ignore", but the next was a crash no matter what. Examining the save file it seems the game never fully reconstructed the possible missions section, so that does indeed seem to not be a good idea to remove. :)

Correct:  You cannot remove the whole possibleMissions section.  This will crash your game.

You must remove out all of the
        STR_MISSION_RAID
        STR_MISSION_SMUGGLING

lines.  There are multiple copies of these in the save, one for each region, I believe.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 10, 2017, 05:53:17 pm »
Correct:  You cannot remove the whole possibleMissions section.  This will crash your game.

You must remove out all of the
        STR_MISSION_RAID
        STR_MISSION_SMUGGLING

lines.  There are multiple copies of these in the save, one for each region, I believe.
Actually in my case there were absolutely zero. I never needed to open the save in the first place. :)

Offline MadHaTr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 13, 2017, 04:02:56 am »
Is it normal or a bug when I stun, in this example 2 reticulans, 1 a peon the other a reticulan hybrid.  Both had the Sleepy time and not the blood while on the ground.  Yet when I end mission, 1 is dead.  I notice this happening all the time.

Also a bug report.  Sorry happened a while ago in game.  Was on a harvester type ship(this is my first place so I am not to up on shit) on the bridge I was shooting a beastmaster out of armor, by the control consoles.  She goes down console blows up but I notice my view enemys went from 1 to 7 or more.(not sure why it showed them while the one was unconscience, maybe they were invisible at first until they moved)  I looked(from afar) and the breast master was on the ground sleeping so I moved out to look for other hostiles.  Well the beastmaster I guess woke up but it was really 7 of them, I had 7 or more armorless beast masters coming down from the bridge and causing all hell.   

So there is a some kind of beastmaster DUPE bug. 

I'm sorry I never grabbed the save, never thought of it at the time.  Felt I should report it anyway. 

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 13, 2017, 06:27:22 am »
To my knowledge Marsec Bodyguards are the only one with power armor on there get one free list. Even then there are ~10 items on that list. Death assures progress on a critical component of play.
Worst comes to worst, if game adamantly refuses to give you Marsec Bodyguards or such, you can order a pair of them from Mercs at 3.5mil a pop.   First one you need to research, and then you can rob the second one for his stuff, power armor parts included.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 13, 2017, 09:01:47 am »
Is it normal or a bug when I stun, in this example 2 reticulans, 1 a peon the other a reticulan hybrid.  Both had the Sleepy time and not the blood while on the ground.  Yet when I end mission, 1 is dead.  I notice this happening all the time.
snip

There is a mechanic where if you have more then 3x your current hp in stun you start ticking lethal. The lower your current hp compared to your maximum the more powerful the tick. 

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 15, 2017, 05:27:59 am »
I have a crash on a downed ship.  The save starts with my fighter following a church fighter over the sea.  If I shoot it down once it gets over land and immediately assault it, I get a crash.  I assume it is a map generation issue, since sending another craft immediately still causes a crash but waiting a day seems to make it work.  I started this game on 0.99F.4 and upgraded when 0.99F.5 came out, but aside from some trouble editing my 'PossibleMissions' I have not had any other issues.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1513 on: April 15, 2017, 11:20:02 am »
Save? We don't have a crystal ball. :P

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander