aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434014 times)

Offline DoktorV

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1050 on: October 02, 2016, 06:46:47 am »
Minor thing - the Stun Baton takes up 0.75 units of storage space, which is probably at least ten times more than intended.

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 02, 2016, 01:39:42 pm »
found a bug/exploit where if you finish a mission and your prison is full, you sell off some, and then load the autosave that saves just after a completed mission, then you get all the prisoners you sold off back, and your prison is overpopulated.

Offline Hashtastrophe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 02, 2016, 03:12:12 pm »
Not sure if this has already been reported or not but robbing guild engineers provides only one $1000 blue credit chip whereas their ransom/fence price is $70000.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 02, 2016, 06:08:37 pm »
Upon knocking the cyberdisc out with swings form the power mace the game crashes. Possibly an Alt Corpse issue?

It's not alt corpse issue.
Game tries to access some tiles outside of the map (17,50,1) and (18,50,1) when applying gravity...

@Yankes: could you have a look? You'll probably understand it much quicker than I, since you've played with tile engine so much recently :)

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 04, 2016, 10:22:23 pm »
It takes 3 the magical girls to extract one soul, it could be intentional, but it seems rather strange.

Also why does it rely on STR_RETICULAN_CORPSE, but not on magical girl?

Offline Hashtastrophe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 06, 2016, 04:08:50 pm »
Post-battle when you have multiple bases with prisons the transfer tab doesn't have a string assigned to it in the EN-US language set.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 06, 2016, 04:25:38 pm »
Post-battle when you have multiple bases with prisons the transfer tab doesn't have a string assigned to it in the EN-US language set.

It will be there with the next PirateZ release.
PirateZ didn't (officially) upgrade to the newest OXCE+ exe, which you are using, yet.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 09, 2016, 11:40:28 am »
So, I finally made my first Witch Outfit... and tried it out in a Hopper mission full of mostly unarmed civilians.

Girl's stats:
- voodoo strength: 54, effective 64 with outfit
- voodoo skill: 40, effective 50 with outfit

I tried both panic (terror) and mind control (possession) several times on various civilians from various distances (10 and 4 tiles)... with no effect whatsoever... is this intended?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1058 on: October 09, 2016, 06:44:13 pm »
Certainly not intended, but I don't know how to explain this. I haven't playtested the newest version for VooDoo but the feedback from Surrealistik's very extensive use of it suggests he was able to MC everything and everyone who's not the very top-tier MC-resistant, and you can see that civilians have average MC resistance (Psi Str). Maybe there is some bug with voodoo attacks that I can't spot?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 12, 2016, 04:37:49 am »
witches working normally here so far as "new battle" mode is concerned. Don't have witches in my campaign to verify with a "natural" situation though.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 15, 2016, 04:38:11 pm »
Made my first Ghost Outfit... and tried it out in a Hopper mission again.

Girl's stats:
- voodoo strength: 59, effective 69 with outfit
- voodoo skill: 39, effective 49 with outfit

Tried ghost beam on a poor guy next to Bonny, first hit 0% damage, second hit small damage (less than 20%)... ran out of TUs (spends 40% to shoot, so even worse deal than witch outfit)... certainly doesn't feel like "Star God powers". After that I stopped trying and just shot them all with bows out of frustration.

But 10 psi sense is a nice touch... maybe I'll use it at least for the sense if nothing else...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:39:45 pm by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1061 on: October 15, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »
I can only say that Surrealistik is playing a psi-heavy campaign and is getting great results, or so he says. I don't have my own tests so extensive to verify this. It's probably a question of "firepower"; he's running several witches at once, which makes sense since the crew cap is 18 (or more, later on). Shooting indeed is much simpler.
I'll be adding an alternative psi-amp next ver,. maybe you'll like it better.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 15, 2016, 05:34:26 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that the ghost outfit is for scouting thanks to the invisibility and now psi-vision. My ghost replaces parrots for scouting and with the vision, they hug ufos on the outside to spot inside where the real boarders do the work.

The offensive power is negligible. I started my game with psi-strength training without thinking and even with capped stats the ghost beam was not very useful. It is a specialized tool for really high armor enemies where the little damage is compensated by ignoring the armor, but for regular use it's unusable. You run out of stamina way too fast and you can often fail to kill even a GO. The dagger is nicely, but getting this close means the enemy sees you and you've got no protection once you're seen.

I had success in a previous game with witches. The emergency mind control through walls was very useful when boarding. Haven't caught a provost in my new game to retry though, so that experience is out of date.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 16, 2016, 03:02:04 pm »
@Arthanor: guess which gal was trying the outfit :P

Anyway, one more thing, the mutated reaper preview icon seems kinda wrong... bug or not? Attached.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1064 on: October 16, 2016, 03:13:34 pm »
Not really a bug, the proper icons simply aren't painted yet.