Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434552 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #735 on: July 26, 2016, 10:29:44 am »
Another base invasion related crash; this time a Breaker UFO aptly breaks my game as it boldly attempts to invade FAGULON PRIME itself against all better judgement.

Sell or transfer the 40 megascorpion stings from the base and it will work.

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:42 pm »
The flechette cannon is described as "Ignores half armour", but has an ArmorEffectiveness of 0.05.

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 27, 2016, 11:27:07 am »
After spending over 200 turn searching for the last enemy in a Mansion Invasion mission, I eventually gave up and enabled debug mode, only to find out that the last adversary was stuck in a room without doors. Actually, the room next to that one didn't have any doors either.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 28, 2016, 06:42:59 pm »
No door rooms are normal and intended in mansions. Bring ways to break walls.

The towers are isolated on purpose. The mansions have lots of semi secrets stuff that intended to make loot and scoot less rewarding for the unobservant.

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 28, 2016, 07:38:21 pm »
But what is a good tool for breaking walls when you are so limited in equipment? And if it that is intended, could it be elaborated that you might have to look for enemies in secret hiding places if you want to clear out the mansion?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #740 on: July 28, 2016, 08:11:20 pm »
1. Ripper, heavy pistols, or any grenades/bombs. Anything that is in the cat. "infiltration" can be taken.
2. I see no need for such elaboration. Like legionof1 said, observant players have it better.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #741 on: July 28, 2016, 08:15:12 pm »
Here is the link to the Mansion Reports Thread:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4556.msg62926.html#msg62926

I think early on, Black Powder bombs maybe one of the most effective wall breachers.
I personally love the Ripper as a breacher, but Meridian had good success with looted Plasma Pistols he brought along.  I think some las pistols might breach with a high enough damage roll. In late game, the Cougar SMG is a dream in Mansions, and I'm pretty sure, I was able to breach with their auto fire to.

Places to breach: The Occult Towers.  They only have entrances on one level down low, which one I don't recall.  Its often more convenient to breach them on higher levels where your gals are. 
Also, I found the top white floor deserved a few breaches as most of these rooms are not connected to each other, but have to be accessed from stairs on the floor below. 
Of course, finally, any map generation secluded islands, like you found, nrafield, are the perfect place to breach.  Your use of Debug in the case you described, is perfectly justifiable, imo. 

The Mansion Mission can definitely be a challenge for the inexperience player, especially where the RNG gods spawn something like this. 

That said, Dioxine did provide the alternative, by allowing the player to evacuate from the roof.  In your scenario, 200 turns would have been plenty to scour the place and haul any and all loot up to the roof.  Not that I'd prefer that method, naturally.  I like to kill 'em all too, an haul all the loot out the easy way.  And I would feel completely justified to debug kill that last troublesome unit as you did. ;)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 29, 2016, 05:51:42 pm »
bug reports:

-my mcd patch rulefile for terrain TU usage not applied, but thanks for the credits anyway  :o
-Megascorpion sting thing crashes game due to missing graphic and is not selectable in craft equipmentscreen even if it appears in the list
-alt-corpses mod STILL has the faulty *185.png that is bugged.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #743 on: July 29, 2016, 07:15:47 pm »
bug reports:
-alt-corpses mod STILL has the faulty *185.png that is bugged.

Alt-Corpses has been completely revamped and updated to be compatible with the newer engines.  These updates are in the Mod Thread.  I think that Dioxine will include the new mod when he releases .99A.  For now the *185.png bug is just one of the charms of the out of date version. ;)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 31, 2016, 11:39:52 am »
Uhm, is it by design in 0.99A.1 that auxilia (e.g. mercs) generate money per month (like slaves) instead of costing money?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #745 on: July 31, 2016, 06:36:50 pm »
No, it's a stupid error on my part :/

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 01, 2016, 12:48:37 am »
LOL

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 01, 2016, 01:50:49 am »
I like it.

I think Mercenary Commandos should indeed pay for the privilege of staying in my state of the art facility with countless scantily clad females. Trust me, it'd be a lot more expensive if they weren't getting their guard duty discount.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:56:34 am by Surrealistik »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #748 on: August 01, 2016, 02:09:43 am »
their guard duty discount

I swear I read it as "hard duty discount".

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 01, 2016, 03:44:32 am »
I swear I read it as "hard duty discount".

Haha, you would.

Also, can't seem to manufacture lingerie anymore; was the ability to do so deliberately removed? I can't see it mentioned in the logs.