aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433976 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »
Got a Pogrom ( >:( ) in South Africa and came up on a weird terrain with snow on the ground but green trees? It doesn't look like an intended combination.

See screenshot below and battle-start autosave.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2016, 07:56:10 pm »
I don't know this one, but the treetops are white (snow-covered), so it looks intended.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2016, 08:18:31 pm »
hum.. good catch! The hedges look weird and I did not notice the white on white of the snowed in tops on the snowy ground. But I guess South Africa could have gotten quite a climate change in 600 years.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2016, 08:44:19 pm »
hum.. good catch! The hedges look weird and I did not notice the white on white of the snowed in tops on the snowy ground. But I guess South Africa could have gotten quite a climate change in 600 years.

And I'll keep to that since making multiple types of coordinate-sensitive terror sites takes tons of coding :) So it's either snow city everywhere sometimes, or no snow city at all.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2016, 09:51:21 pm »
Let it snow!
I knew Southern Africa hosts a penguin colony, and wikipedia confirms the temperatures in some places can go below freezing in the right season. The site "https://snowreport.co.za" reports snow falls in SA, now they just need a "uforeport.co.za"  ;D

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2016, 10:38:46 pm »
And I'll keep to that since making multiple types of coordinate-sensitive terror sites takes tons of coding :) So it's either snow city everywhere sometimes, or no snow city at all.

Fair enough, I still think it looks a bit rough (those hedges!) but otherwise it's fine. Especially in Piratez, there's no reason you couldn't have palm trees in the arctic, or snow (or volcanic/nuclear fallout ashes..) in other areas.

That coding thing though.. looks interesting.. Maybe one day I'll get back to modding OpenXCom instead of playing Piratez. Pff.. who am I kidding?

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2016, 05:47:31 pm »
I have a crash when researching Govt/Reticulan files.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2016, 06:57:38 pm »
Does adding this help? (green = add this, white = leave this alone)

- name: STR_VESSEL_FIGHTER
    cost: 0
    needItem: true
    unlocks:
      - STR_FIGHTER_CONSTRUCTION
  - name: STR_VESSEL_GOVT_CRUISER
    cost: 0
    needItem: true

manufacture:
  - delete: STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2016, 12:27:19 am »
Updated in Piratez.rul. YUP IT HELPED!! Solved it!! Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:29:45 am by Cristao »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2016, 02:46:01 pm »
Another little typo dump. :)

Spoiler:
STR_LFS_001_UFOPEDIA: "Is it a mere coincidence that a band of fleeing, determined outcasts found an underground military base that was hidden for centuries?{NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}Is it a mere coincidence the base contained a functional laboratory, of a kind that would be envied even by the Guild?{NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}Did it simply happen that a tribe of so well-supplied nomads was living nearby?{NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}Is it a mere coincidence that it was not much after these mysterious Cloaking Devices appeared first? Why nobody knows where these devices are coming from? Is Clemborg even an Earth name? Is there a spring of change coming? Who flies on its wings?{NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}Love is in the air.{NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}                                                           - Well-Wisher"

Should be:
later that

Line:  1037:
      STR_DEMONIC_ESSENCE_PREQ_UFOPEDIA: "After examining a live Dark One in every way we could devise, we failed to establish any sort of contact, exorcise the demon, or find any useful info at all. Being such a diligent person, I've ordered to butcher its fresh corpse, and finally we got something. Beside normal human-like organs, the insides of Dark Ones are filled with strange  gelatinous substance we dubbed 'demonic essence'. After death, this stuff quickly breaks down, creating that foul stench that forces us to use so much space to store Dark One corpses. The corpses are useless, but I think that with proper sorcery, the 'essence' could be harvested from freshly slain Dark Ones - it HAS to hold some dark power... Thus I recommend we keep any caught Dark Ones in my dungeon for now, hmmm..."

Should be:
directed that its corpse be butchered,

97D:
Line 2812:       STR_ROMANICA_UFOPEDIA: "The most iconic feature of the landscape are numerous stone castles, from small keeps to sprawling fortresses, fortified with every known weapon, up to intercontinental missiles. These castles are ancestral homes to numerous aristocratic families, jointly ruling the land, often clashing, sometimes even warring with each other. The country is mostly deforested and dusty, but still contains huge swathes of agriculture, farmed by local peasants who are often reasonably well off (that is, until some clashing faction sets their houses on fire), but are forbidden to possess any advanced technology. The capital, Ground Zero is mostly neutral zone where the landlords meet to discuss general politics; the families might often hate each other, but they hate the neighboring countries even more. Capital's name comes from the old tale, that during the nuclear war, an ancient city that stood there was hit by the first and biggest warhead of mass destruction. Hardly any ruins remain, and today's city is a place of numerous luxury entertainment establishments."

Should be:
…features…

Line 2854:
      STR_NEWSPAPER_007_UFOPEDIA: "Last evening, a thunderous explosion tore through the Canadian Royal Palace, just as the whole royal family was celebrating the 96th birthday of the retired King, Vaclav the Foreigner. The whole Western wing of the palace was levelled, killing many serfs and nobles alike, amongst them almost the whole royal family, including the old King. Queen Aurora the 2nd, who miraculously survived only with minor injuries, immediately ordered martial law, and our sources tell that Canadian military forces are preparing to close the southern border. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police informed that the likely cause of the explosion was a plasma bomb, but flatly refused the Trader's Guild generous offer of assistance in catching the yet-unknown perpetuators."

Should be:
…and our sources tell us that Canadian military forces are preparing to close the southern border. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police reported that the likely cause of the explosion was a plasma bomb, but flatly refused the Trader's Guild's generous offer of assistance in catching the yet-unknown perpetrators."

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2016, 10:26:00 pm »
I have a crash to desktop during a mission.
Save attached.
Version 0.97d, OXCE+ 2.5b (2016-02-13)

Steps:
1. load attached save
2. select One-eyed Victoria (the only girl out of the craft)
3. move one step forward (in the direction of the Ghoul)
4. BOOM

I can help debug, but I thought I will first post here, maybe you'll know immediately what it is...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2016, 01:46:21 pm »
Yeah I know this, just forgot to report - it happened only once when I used debug mode and moved enemy unit into the Bonny, causing it to see >10 pirates (enemies). Seems that your .exe crashes if there are more than 10 enemy units visible - there are 10 already, Victoria spots another unit, BOOM. But better check it out more thoroughly.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »
Found some buggy tiles in a terror mission. They cost no Tu to move across.

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2016, 03:04:34 pm »
I like that buggy terrain much more than I like that buggy terrain occasionally near the friendly craft that eats like 12 TU per step.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2016, 08:25:39 pm »
Yeah I know this, just forgot to report - it happened only once when I used debug mode and moved enemy unit into the Bonny, causing it to see >10 pirates (enemies). Seems that your .exe crashes if there are more than 10 enemy units visible - there are 10 already, Victoria spots another unit, BOOM. But better check it out more thoroughly.

Thanks, that saved me hours of debugging.
Fixed.