Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434019 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2016, 02:57:30 pm »
The difference is, Meridian landed on Savanna and the high grass there is supposed to be slowing you down. This terrain (Taiga) is *not* supposed to act like this.

It's not Taiga actually but Steppe. I'm not sure if this has been fixed already and I can't check since I'm in the middle of a major ruleset implementation. Please check if the attached terrain files are newer than the ones you have, and if they solve this issue. Thanks.

PS - The Terrain Pack thread is still active on Redux's subforum. You can still use it to report these bugs, although any fixes will be posted either as individual files or included in Redux.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:14:05 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2016, 04:06:32 pm »
Copy on that Hobbes, and thanks :)

Uhh actually the files I have from your terrain pack are all 10-20 minutes newer than the ones you've sent, strange as it might sound :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:08:38 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2016, 04:28:46 pm »
Copy on that Hobbes, and thanks :)

Uhh actually the files I have from your terrain pack are all 10-20 minutes newer than the ones you've sent, strange as it might sound :)

It must the FORESTLZ and FORESTMOUNTLZ map files then. Could you check the date of their last modification please?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2016, 04:59:35 pm »
Version incompatibility... I'm using 0.8 Terrain Pack, I think, and there were no such Terrains as FORESTLZ and FORESTMOUNTLZ there. So, I guess the only option is to fix these myself, as I've decided I'm not updating terrain rulesets to match yours ever again, did this 3 times and it's just too much :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2016, 07:13:58 pm »
Version incompatibility... I'm using 0.8 Terrain Pack, I think, and there were no such Terrains as FORESTLZ and FORESTMOUNTLZ there. So, I guess the only option is to fix these myself, as I've decided I'm not updating terrain rulesets to match yours ever again, did this 3 times and it's just too much :)

FORESTLZ and FORESTMOUNTLZ (and DESERTLZ and DESERTMOUNTLZ) are map blocks that replace the ones used to place craft and UFOs, which are the ones causing the double TU cost, and those LZ map blocks are used in the Steppe/Taiga/Tundra/Savanna/Grassland subterrains to fix the issue. You're welcome to fix them by yourself but I think you'll have more work than just copying the relevant map files and ruleset from the latest version of Redux.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2016, 07:43:59 pm »
Not that easy, my ruleset is heavily customized, that's why it's such a pain to upgrade... Thanks anyway!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2016, 07:48:55 pm »
Not that easy, my ruleset is heavily customized, that's why it's such a pain to upgrade... Thanks anyway!

I just checked and you already have the DESERTLZ, etc., map blocks added to your ruleset, so you really should only need to upgrade the .MAP and .RMP files.

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2016, 11:17:44 pm »
A lot of times, there is a high difficulty terrain (8 TU cost) around the Bonny and the enemy shipping and the rest of the map is 4 TU. A thought it is a feature. Like somehow damaged terrain from the landing.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2016, 01:40:41 am »
A lot of times, there is a high difficulty terrain (8 TU cost) around the Bonny and the enemy shipping and the rest of the map is 4 TU. A thought it is a feature. Like somehow damaged terrain from the landing.

A man's bug is another one's feature ;)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2016, 01:57:20 am »
Dropping off a collection of Bootypedia text typos, and grammar tweaks.  Verified against .97C  Piratez_lang.rul.

Spoiler:
Line: 2330          STR_COLT45_UFOPEDIA:    "High-powered and sought-after pistol. A very robust design; an ellegant weapon for less barbaric times. Wt: 5/7.{NEWLINE}Aimed Shot Accurate Range Cap (20)"
Should be:
"elegant"

Line 147:      STR_HARVESTER_UFOPEDIA: "Amply named, the Shrine Ship is the primary vessel of the Church, always commanded by a Reverend. It can hold a crew of up to around 16, armed with laser weapons and flamethrowers.{NEWLINE}Max DPM: 172"
Should be:
 "Aptly named…

Line 2772 : "      STR_TURAN_UFOPEDIA: "The endless, scarcely populated expanses of Central Asia turned out to be not enough cost-effective even for the Star Gods to control. As the consequence, …..."
Should be:
…turned out to be cost prohibitive for even the Star Gods to control.  Consequently, the areas..…

Line 2885 :       STR_PINUP_086_UFOPEDIA: "Only Mun Tzu could a Tank and 4 Gals at the same time."?? "Only Mun Tzu could a Tank and 4 Gals at the same time."
Doesn't make sense.  Is this just supposed to be cryptic for humor flavor?  Because otherwise it needs some verb.

Line 2788:       STR_HISTORY_002_UFOPEDIA: "Eventually, more than a half of human leaders submitted to Star Gods rule. The others kept defiant. This situation lasted for more than a decade, tensions rising, finally culminating with a global nuclear war. The Star Gods stepped in to stop the hostilities, but millions have perished. As the nuclear winter descended, most of the military opposition to the invaders either yielded or was unable to continue organised resistance."
Should be:
"The others remained defiant."
and
"…millions had perished…"

Line 956:       STR_MERCENARY_SUIT_UFOPEDIA: "The rank-and file mercenaries …"
Should be:
"rank-and-file"

Offline Quanti

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2016, 04:36:30 pm »
Alright, so it looks like I've got one last bug for the play through. Same kind of crash I had with the healer suit, trying to build the conquerer crashes my game.

Offline Quanti

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2016, 12:12:33 pm »
Well, I've got an update on that crash. Using the old exe "OpenXcomEx" let me start manufacturing the ship and then I was able to complete it and see it sitting in the hanger using the current exe, could be something related? Either way I've managed to get around the issue.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2016, 12:55:14 pm »
Meridian did something with craft manufacturing, I think he needs to have a look at his code :) Conqueror is unique in the sense it is produced by: producedItems: command.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2016, 03:13:01 pm »
This might not be specific to piratez, but I think I just got points for all the stuff the gals leave lying around the base!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2016, 05:21:23 pm »
Meridian did something with craft manufacturing, I think he needs to have a look at his code :) Conqueror is unique in the sense it is produced by: producedItems: command.

Technically not my code... the problem is in the manufacturing profitability calculation.
It cannot handle a situation when a craft (STR_AVENGER) and an item (STR_FUEL_CAPSULE) are produced at the same time... which I can fully understand, because it makes totally no sense.

I fixed this particular situation (when producing a craft produces also items by accident)...
...it will still fail in situation when producing an item produces also a craft by accident :-) I hope you don't have such things in the ruleset.

I still recommend splitting the manufacturing into two, one for avenger, one for fuel capsules.

PS: wtf are the pre-requisites?? 2500 alloys, 2500 elerium (that's 100 landed missions!!!!), and a lot of other stuff... when the time comes, I will just cheat it in... no way I am playing milk-runs for 6+ real-life months just to get that stuff and bore my viewers to death.