Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434028 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4185 on: April 29, 2022, 05:51:29 pm »
5) Put .appimage from openxcom.org*git-builds/ into ".local/share/openxcom/"

With this step, you have likely overridden step 1 and installed OXC instead of OXCE.
(Piratez doesn't work on OpenXCom, it requires OpenXCom Extended)

Try again and skip step 5.

If it doesn't work, attach the log file.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4186 on: April 29, 2022, 06:12:36 pm »
Uhh, I wasn't talking about the Node Priority property (in MapView, it's called "Spawn Weight" (technically wrong), but in .sav it's called "priority"). The game checks Node Rank before the Node Priority when spawning enemies. Only if two nodes have the same Rank, it will fill the one with the higher Node Priority first.
Rank 2 Priority 0 node will be filled before Rank 0 Priority 10 node. So Node Priority is ignored if the node Rank isn't correctly set. Yes, you correctly set the Priority, but not Rank.

Ah I see, we had a communication problem. What you mean is spawn ranks (0 - civ/scout, 1- xcom, 2+ various ranks of enemies weighed by rank table like soldier, navigator, engineer, leader etc); and yes, ranks 2+ are prioritized by enemies over rank 0. I have checked and fixed the comms tower - turned out the vast majority of spawns were indeed set for rank 0, instead of being set for proper corresponding ranks of enemies. It should work now, but will also completely bottle up the enemies in the tower... but I guess it's better than empty tower...

Offline Hedin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: April 29, 2022, 06:23:00 pm »
Try again and skip step 5.
It worked... kinda.

At first it was not running, At all. And with no logs.
Through console it stated "error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_gfx.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
After 3 iterations of installing requested libraries (last was yaml-cpp and yes, i had different version of it from my previous attempts), it opened error message, that told me to send .log file to forum or discord, but no .log file was generated.
In the end OpenXcomEx run with no console. And it finally work as intended.

Thanks for help.

Offline raledon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: April 30, 2022, 10:52:45 am »
Cave's corners hide enemies, while blocking movement.
In the image attached, the gal attempts to walk past a hiding corner, bumping into an enemy, and stops.
I'm not sure if a ranged weapon (e.g. gun) will allow her to shoot, but it doesn't allow a melee weapon, as 'there's nobody there'.

In addition, if you gain sight on the enemy (in this case, coming from the other side to gain vision), the gal will still be unable to attack them.

Expected: if attempting to enter a tile is force-blocked by an enemy, the movement should stop, the enemy be shown, and could be attacked as normal.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:54:24 am by raledon »

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: April 30, 2022, 12:04:55 pm »
This is a known issue, you can find a reference to it in bootypedia hints.

Currently, there's no good way to fix this. For now, you'll just have to wait for enemies to move, or bring digging tools. You could take advantage of this weirdness yourself to hide no units with little to no TUs left.

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: May 02, 2022, 04:18:58 pm »
N1.01. Gals (in sailor uniform) were unable to participate in a temple robbery. A general mission, not a bounty one. Only peasants paricipated. A save from just after the mission, if it helps.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: May 04, 2022, 10:48:50 am »
Very small bug in 0.99N.1.0.1, during an interception is played a track named "GMINTER06"

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: May 05, 2022, 02:21:35 pm »
I've got a crash in a base defense mission in M5.2.1 (I haven't updated yet). At the end of turn 4 during hidden movement the game hangs and then eventually crashes to desktop. I restarted the mission and got another crash at the end of turn 4, but if I just skip every turn I can make it to turn 5 so I'm pretty sure there's some sort of trigger, but since the crash happens in hidden movement I just haven't been able to figure out what it is.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: May 05, 2022, 04:23:34 pm »
I've got a crash in a base defense mission in M5.2.1 (I haven't updated yet). At the end of turn 4 during hidden movement the game hangs and then eventually crashes to desktop. I restarted the mission and got another crash at the end of turn 4, but if I just skip every turn I can make it to turn 5 so I'm pretty sure there's some sort of trigger, but since the crash happens in hidden movement I just haven't been able to figure out what it is.

The neutral STR_SLAVE unit at [17,50,2] is trying to use its STR_HELLGUN, but the weapon doesn't have any shot modes (probably because the unit doesn't have any psi skill which is required by the weapon).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: May 05, 2022, 06:43:44 pm »
Found the issue, it happens only during the base defense.

First bug: not only aliens, but also civilians/neutrals try to destroy your base facilities :)
Second bug: even though the weapon was correctly discarded during attack planning (as not usable), it is wrongly considered again during patrol planning (patrol routine includes attacking base facilities)

I'll fix both in the next release.

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: May 06, 2022, 12:49:34 am »
Thanks for the help, that solved the problem! Luckily I was able to rush a girl over there and had just enough TUs to have a "polite chat" with him about discharging weapons in the base. Mission complete.

Offline Nikodemos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: May 06, 2022, 10:20:19 pm »
Not sure if a bug or an oversight, but the Catgirl version of the Bikini does not grant bonus XP.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: May 07, 2022, 05:21:13 pm »
Funny, once you have fully charged Nekomimi Fighter (CLAW) - you can send it to Cydonia immediately.
There is a diminutive chance to finish game before 50% of researches and even without Mission B Badge :)

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: May 07, 2022, 09:58:55 pm »
Funny, once you have fully charged Nekomimi Fighter (CLAW) - you can send it to Cydonia immediately.
There is a diminutive chance to finish game before 50% of researches and even without Mission B Badge :)
Speedrun strat: Start in Eurasian Autonomy to get a Baby Nuke, get Workshop to make a Baby Nuke (Timed), then use THE CLAW to send a brave Catgirl to Cydonia

Offline anonymous

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: May 08, 2022, 01:34:37 pm »
Game crushes at the end of the month. No idea why.