aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433971 times)

Offline TheFluffy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4170 on: March 31, 2022, 10:59:39 pm »
Current version is M5.2.0, so upgrade and try again.
works perfectly now, thanks! also thanks for not reaming me for my smoothbrainism of not even checking if bug was already fixed or not  :D

Offline bublebree

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: April 01, 2022, 08:22:39 am »
Bootypedia entry for peasant Aqua armor both standart and EVA version say "thv. 20%" but ruleset has defined
Code: [Select]
Heatvision: 30

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: April 05, 2022, 12:56:33 am »
I started a STR_LOC_COMMS_TOWER_TEMPERATE mission, but for some strange reason, possibly a bug, all the enemies spawned outside of the UFO, even though the alienDeployment has enemies with percentageOutsideUfo defined in the 25% range. Is it because the ufo spawned right next to the craft? It doesn't always happen when doing this mission, only sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 01:36:26 pm by Delian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4173 on: April 05, 2022, 10:51:07 am »
I started a STR_LOC_COMMS_TOWER_TEMPERATE mission, but for some strange reason, possibly a bug, all the enemies spawned outside of the UFO, even though the alienDeployment has percentageOutsideUfo defined in the 25% range. Is it because the ufo spawned right next to the craft? It doesn't always happen when doing this mission, only rarely.

It depends on many things, including which terrain was used.

What prompts you to suspect that it's a bug? I don't see any buggy behaviour in your description.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: April 05, 2022, 11:16:43 am »
What prompts you to suspect that it's a bug? I don't see any buggy behaviour in your description.

For this alienDeployment, some of the enemies have a "percentageOutsideUfo: 0" defined, and, unless I'm misunderstanding something, this would normally mean that these enemies should have a 100% chance to spawn inside the UFO (the comms tower building). And usually they do, but in the attached .sav they didn't.

I think it's because the nodes inside the ufo have rank: 0, while the nodes outside the ufo have rank 2, so the nodes outside get filled first. So the question is, is this intended design?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 02:23:14 pm by Delian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4175 on: April 05, 2022, 02:32:13 pm »
For this alienDeployment, some of the enemies have a "percentageOutsideUfo: 0" defined, and, unless I'm misunderstanding something, this would normally mean that these enemies should have a 100% chance to spawn inside the UFO (the comms tower building). And usually they do, but in the attached .sav they didn't.

As far as I know, percentageOutsideUfo only applies to actual UFO landings, not ground-based missions (even if they feature a "UFO"). I am only 90% sure, though.

I think it's because the nodes inside the ufo have rank: 0, while the nodes outside the ufo have rank 2, so the nodes outside get filled first. So the question is, is this intended design?

Only Dioxine can say, but I don't think he just mashed buttons at random. :P

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: April 05, 2022, 03:12:56 pm »
As far as I know, percentageOutsideUfo only applies to actual UFO landings, not ground-based missions (even if they feature a "UFO"). I am only 90% sure, though.

If there's no ufo, then all the aliens get spawned "inside":
Code: (from BattlescapeGenerator::deployAliens) [Select]
bool outside = RNG::generate(0,99) < (*d).percentageOutsideUfo;
if (_ufo == 0)
    outside = false;
So I guess you're right. The difference between outside and inside is that... aliens that were supposed to spawn outside only spawn on rank 0 nodes. But if the "percentageOutsideUfo" setting is ignored, then why would Dio set it up for all the enemies for all the missions?

Anyway, here's another example, Scientific Experiments (STR_LOC_ACADEMY_OUTPOST_DESERT). All of the enemies spawned outside of the building, which doesn't really make sense (unless they love the scorching desert heat over cool building interior).

Again for the same reason, which is that nodes outside have rank 2 while the nodes inside have rank 0 (well, some have rank 8 ).
The medic (rank 3) here has defined percentageOutsideUfo: 0, so he should spawn inside. But for rank 3 enemies, the hardcoded node rank priorities are { 7, 6, 2, 8, 3, 4, 0 }, meaning they would first fill nodes with rank 7 then 6, then 2, etc. The nodes inside do have high priority set, but because of the low rank, they're never filled. Hmm, maybe the problem is in the nodes outside having rank 2?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 05:58:07 pm by Delian »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: April 15, 2022, 10:09:59 am »
There's been a significant bug reported on Matrix, involving doubling your brainers if a get one free is researched at the same time as the literal item.

This looks like an OXCE issue.

Offline PaladinF1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: April 15, 2022, 10:45:57 pm »
Hello. I've got cave endless enemy turn bug. I found same one in this topic, also have that diagonal tiles problem probably.

What should I do?

Version M5.1.

UPDATE: so, today I found solution - used debug mode to finish mission.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 02:44:14 pm by PaladinF1 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4179 on: April 25, 2022, 03:24:01 pm »
I started a STR_LOC_COMMS_TOWER_TEMPERATE mission, but for some strange reason, possibly a bug, all the enemies spawned outside of the UFO, even though the alienDeployment has enemies with percentageOutsideUfo defined in the 25% range. Is it because the ufo spawned right next to the craft? It doesn't always happen when doing this mission, only sometimes.

If terrain has ranked alien spawns, especially with high priority - which can happen, it is physically impossible to check every mapblock in existence, and some terrains NEED those to differentiate between spawns of civilians and enemies in Pogroms - if such set of circumstances happen, enemies will spawn outside of the object because higher priority spawns.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: April 26, 2022, 01:54:46 pm »
0.99M5.2.1, not proprerly a bug, maybe, but astrorock track in the battlescape jukebox has its name written in capital letters, while others not.

Moreover, i ground assaulted an academy nurse airbus that landed in an highly radiactive msp, but since that terrain seems to damage its inwalkers (?? oh come on... XD), maybe human enemies are supposed not to not land there? Sorry do not have battlescape save this time arournd >.<

Edit: usual typos
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 03:37:18 pm by ontherun »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: April 26, 2022, 07:40:57 pm »
If terrain has ranked alien spawns, especially with high priority - which can happen, it is physically impossible to check every mapblock in existence, and some terrains NEED those to differentiate between spawns of civilians and enemies in Pogroms - if such set of circumstances happen, enemies will spawn outside of the object because higher priority spawns.

Yeah, I understand now. Basically, there are two types of problems here:
1. Rank 0 nodes should be Rank 2
2. Rank 2 nodes should be Rank 0

The first problem occurs when a mission uses a pogrom terrain (example is the 1st sav I attached), but still includes a ufo (or enemy bunker / building). In this case you need to make sure that the nodes inside the ufo (in the sav, the ufo terrain is COMMS_TOWER) have Rank 2 or higher. If the nodes inside the ufo can be corrected to have Rank 2, then the problem is solved because the Rank 2 nodes on the pogrom terrain outside won't get higher priority.

The second problem occurs when a mission doesn't use a pogrom terrain (example is the 2nd sav I attached), but the terrain outside still has Rank 2 nodes. A terrain, which isn't a ufo and isn't used in any missions that require saving civilians, should not have any Rank 2 nodes. So if you correct the terrain (in the sav, the problematic terrain is DESERTX), to have Rank 0 nodes instead of Rank 2, then the problem is solved, because nodes outside won't get priority over the nodes inside.

To help you out a bit, I did a little bit of mission terrain analysis.
In total, there are 14 terror missions, and 21 deployments with an explicit number of civilians.
STR_LOC_HUMANIST_TANK_TEST, STR_LOC_WITCH_QUEST_ACADEMY, STR_LOC_WITCH_QUEST_MONASTERY, STR_LOC_WITCH_QUEST_RAGNAROCK, STR_LOC_WITCH_QUEST_BROTHERHOOD, STR_LOC_WITCH_QUEST_VAMPIRE_NEST, STR_LOC_WITCH_QUEST_NAZI_VOID_CATACOMBS , STR_TERROR_SHIP, STR_VESSEL_SNAKEBOAT, STR_VESSEL_PROBE_DISTRESS, STR_NINJA_RAID_SITE, STR_GOVT_BASE_DEFENSE, STR_AIRCAR_RACE_FINISH, STR_LOC_TAVERN_CELLAR, STR_LOC_HOT_PURSUITS, STR_LOC_FUNKY_ZOMBIES, STR_LOC_ESCAPE_TOWER, STR_LOC_PIRATE_CRUISE, STR_LOC_TIGER_TANK, STR_LOC_MONSTER_HUNT_GIANTSPIDER, STR_LOC_ISOLATED_VALLEY, STR_LOC_DEATH_AND_TAXES, STR_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE_2, STR_LOC_LOKNAR_VILLAGE_DEFENSE, STR_LOC_ZOMBIE_PYRAMID, STR_CORAL_ISLAND, LOC_BEACH_SWEEP, STR_TERROR_MISSION, STR_TERROR_MISSION_NO_PENALTY, STR_ERIDIAN_TERROR, STR_ERIDIAN_TERROR_MSDF
The missions themselves aren't important, but the terrains they use are. The said terrains are:
CATACOMBS, CHEMTOWN, CHEMTOWNHOTPURSUITS, COMRCURBAN, COMRCURBAN_AIRCAR_RACE, COMRCURBAN_FUNKY_ZOMBIES, COMRCURBAN_MSDF, CRUISE_LINER, FORESTSWAMP, GOVT_BASE_DEFENSE, INDUSTRIALSLUM, INDUSTRIALSLUM_ESCAPE_TOWER, INDUSTRIALSLUM_FUNKY_ZOMBIES, INDUSTRIALSLUM_MSDF, ISLANDURBAN, ISLANDURBAN_7, ISLANDURBAN_FUNKY_ZOMBIES, JUNGLE, JUNGLE2BLACK, JUNGLETEMPLE, JUNGLETEMPLE_CORAL_ISLAND, MOUNTBD_TROPICAL, MUMMY_VILLAGE_SETTLEMENT, NINJA_RAID_SITE, NUKE_CITY_NORAD_5, NUKE_CITY_NORAD_6, NUKE_CITY_NORAD_7, PORTTFTD5, PORTTFTD6, PORTTFTD7, PORTUFO, RICE_FARM_ISOLATED_VALLEY, RICE_FARM_LOKNAR, RURAL, RURAL_LOKNAR, RURAL_TIGER_TANK, URBAN, URBANJUNKUFO, URBANJUNKUFO_LOKNAR, URBANJUNKUFO_MSDF, URBANJUNKWOODUFO, URBANLUX, URBANWAR, URBANWAR_ESCAPE_TOWER, URBANWAR_MSDF, URBAN_FUNKY_ZOMBIES, WESTOWN_GRASS, WESTOWN_LOKNAR, WESTOWN_ROCKY
So this is a list of pogrom terrains (terrains used by deployments with civilians). Probably some exceptions on it, but in general, these terrains should already have Rank 2 nodes in them to differentiate between aliens and civilians. However, these are the *only* terrains that need Rank 2 nodes. Any terrains that aren't on this list (and aren't ufos) should have Rank 0 nodes instead.

I'm not able to directly query the map files, so I can't automatically find which terrains have node rank errors. But, maybe I can check deployments...
STR_LOC_CATACOMBS_COIN_HUNT, STR_LOC_SINS_OF_THE_FATHER, STR_LOC_EUROSYNDICATE_ELIMINATION, STR_LOC_MAGE_VILLA, STR_LOC_WHOREHOUSE, STR_LOC_DETECTIVE_HUNT, STR_LOC_BANDIT_TOWN, STR_LOC_KKK_HOUSE, STR_LOC_TRAITORS, STR_LOC_HIGHWAY_STATION, STR_LOC_HAUNTED_FOREST, STR_LOC_CRACKHOUSE, STR_LOC_ARSENAL, STR_LOC_HUMANIST_VILLA, STR_LOC_HITMAN, STR_LOC_EXTERMINATOR, STR_LOC_DEEP_ONE_02, STR_LOC_ELFMAN_BROS, STR_LOC_DARK_TOWER, STR_LOC_MONSTER_HUNT_MEGASCORPION, STR_LOC_MONSTER_HUNT_CHUPACABRA, STR_LOC_MONSTER_HUNT_PRIMAL_FINALE, STR_LOC_COMMS_TOWER_TEMPERATE, STR_LOC_COMMS_TOWER_JUNGLE, STR_LOC_COMMS_TOWER_DESERT, STR_LOC_GOVT_CAR, STR_LOC_BANDIT_CAMP_SMALL, STR_LOC_BANDIT_CAMP_TEMPERATE, STR_LOC_BANDIT_CAMP_JUNGLE, STR_LOC_PREPPERS, STR_LOC_DISTRESS_BUNKER_TEMPERATE, STR_LOC_DISTRESS_BUNKER_JUNGLE, STR_DISTRESS_CALL_TEMPERATE, STR_DISTRESS_CALL_JUNGLE, STR_LOC_CHURCH_OUTPOST_TEMPERATE, STR_LOC_CHURCH_OUTPOST_JUNGLE, STR_LOC_CHURCH_OUTPOST_DESERT, STR_LOC_GUILD_OUTPOST_TEMPERATE, STR_LOC_GUILD_OUTPOST_JUNGLE, STR_LOC_GUILD_OUTPOST_COLD, STR_LOC_GUILD_OUTPOST_DESERT, STR_LOC_ACADEMY_OUTPOST_TEMPERATE, STR_LOC_ACADEMY_OUTPOST_JUNGLE, STR_LOC_ACADEMY_OUTPOST_DESERT, STR_LOC_ACADEMY_TOWN_HOT, STR_LOC_RATLING_VILLAGE, STR_LOC_TABERNA_DEL_DIABLO, STR_LOC_BEASTMEN_ALTAR, STR_LOC_CANNIBAL_CAMP, STR_LOC_ATRIUM_CHURCH, STR_LOC_DOOM_OUTPOST
This is a list of non-pogrom deployments which use pogrom terrains. These deployments need to be checked for the 1st problem, that is, any sort of ufo/special building in these deployments needs to have at least some Rank 2 or higher nodes inside, otherwise a pogrom terrain will get priority and all the aliens will spawn outside. Perhaps you can ask someone to do the checking for you.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 06:42:43 pm by Delian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4182 on: April 29, 2022, 02:27:36 pm »
Yes this is what I meant with spawn priorities. However, the comms tower for example has several priority 8 and even 10 spawns (highest), so it is done properly, manual combing of the hundreds or thousands of mapblocks to assure some terrain doesn't override it - I have better things to do.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 02:30:22 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: April 29, 2022, 04:14:53 pm »
Uhh, I wasn't talking about the Node Priority property (in MapView, it's called "Spawn Weight" (technically wrong), but in .sav it's called "priority"). The game checks Node Rank before the Node Priority when spawning enemies. Only if two nodes have the same Rank, it will fill the one with the higher Node Priority first.
Rank 2 Priority 0 node will be filled before Rank 0 Priority 10 node. So Node Priority is ignored if the node Rank isn't correctly set. Yes, you correctly set the Priority, but not Rank.

Ok, so you don't want to manually go through all the terrains/map blocks to find errors. That's fine. Then, can I directly report which terrains definitely have errors?

In this case, COMMS_TOWER is 100% problematic, because all the nodes in this terrain have a wrong Rank set. Rank 0 nodes in all the COMMS_TOWER route need to be set to Rank 2 (or higher).

Offline Hedin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: April 29, 2022, 05:01:35 pm »
This is my third time to setup this mod, and i have a persistent problem. When i install X-Piratez on Linux they are BUGGED.
1) Error on starting X-Com: Clip_Size for Hoverbikes, Grimmoires and some other weapons is missing. Ruleset Pirztez.rul
So, ok, i have modified file, and started the game, but then:
2) Shop is fully opened from the beginning(including The World Is Mine)
3) Glitched images in bootypedia, on the Parrot entry game crashes.

I obliviously botched the installation somewhere... Normal X-Com and TFTD are working fully and glitchlesly(as far as i can see)
Previous times i had an option to play X-Pirates on Windows and it was working perfectly. Now i don't have such luxury.
Linux Version: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS.
Things I did:
1) Unpacked "Extended-7.5.3-f94c8c56f-2022-02-07-bionic-x86_64" into ".local/share/openxcom/"
2) From Dioxine_XPiratez_M5.2.1 took contents of /User folder
3) Copied game files of original X-Com and of TFTD into UFO and TFTD folders as instructed
4) Applied Universal patches to UFO and TFTD
5) Put .appimage from openxcom.org*git-builds/ into ".local/share/openxcom/"
6) Tried to run the game.

P.S. I am not pro user and English is not my language. Linux was installed to learn how to use it(Seriously, modern windows have started to lag on my 3 months old main computer). PC i am using is old... As is it was bought in 2004. Using my newer MAIN computer is not an option for many reasons.
        Is there any "Modern" installation guides? The latest i found is from year 2017
P.S.S. Finally managed to launch piratez through wine... is that a progress? But seriously i have started to write this bug report 3 days ago and instead of finding actual instructions, i am like Brainer gals, have to go with scientific pocking method XD