aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434259 times)

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4035 on: September 19, 2021, 07:54:41 pm »
I managed to put myself in a cage :)
I built beast den over burrow, game didn't prevent me from doing it. In the next hour it asked me to free beasts, 3 of them were researched at the time, so it was impossible to sell them.

Offline Rhadmaty

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: September 20, 2021, 11:19:05 pm »
I have been completely unable to research Slavery in my last campaign(or rather, its pre-requisite tech "Who is Who") despite researching dozens of prisoners of all kinds.
I have also been unable to use tech tree viewer, it just doesn't display any topics and search function doesn't do anything either. Does the game function properly with a Steam version?

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: September 21, 2021, 12:25:14 am »
BONDAGE /PEA (STR_PEASANT_BONDAGE_GEAR_UC) is missing personalLight setting. HOVERTANK* as well.

Also, psst, don't tell Dioxine that...
SMOKEY (STR_SMOKEY_ARMOR_UC) has INVIS instead of CAMO.
BAT GLAD (STR_BAT_GLAD_ARMOR_UC) has INVIS instead of CAMO.
CATSUIT /SYN (STR_SYNTH_CATSUIT_UC) has INVIS instead of CAMO.
:-X

Anyway. Next, there is an inconsistency with Traitor Smoothie/Bugeye. If you kill them in a mission, they drop an Assassination Trophy. However, if you capture them and manufacture "Execute: Traitor Smoothie", the manufacture will produce 75x MA tokens. This is problematic because the Assassination Trophy is required to research *The Mutant Alliance*. So if you capture them instead of killing, you might not see them again for a long time and be unable to progress with research. I suggest this be fixed so that manufacturing Execute yields the trophy instead of the tokens, since logically you are killing them in both cases...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:14:31 am by Delian »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: September 22, 2021, 11:57:38 pm »
Disruptive Transmissions mission causes a 500 point Abort penalty... when the description for the mission clearly says that if you abort you successfully take down the satellite anyway (i guess by physically ramming it with your spaceship).

The -500 Despawn penalty makes sense but the -500 Abort penalty makes absolutely no sense. Seeing as that just encourages you to not bother going up there at all until you have lasrifles and spacesuits to kill the terminators.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: September 23, 2021, 07:46:43 pm »
I have been completely unable to research Slavery in my last campaign(or rather, its pre-requisite tech "Who is Who") despite researching dozens of prisoners of all kinds.
I have also been unable to use tech tree viewer, it just doesn't display any topics and search function doesn't do anything either. Does the game function properly with a Steam version?
The steam version of the base game files are identical to other sources. However attempting to run the mod and oxce from the steam install will not function properly, nor will running OXCE from the steam install folder. For best results unpack the mod in a separate location and copy the base game files listed on this page https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Installing_(OpenXcom). Run OXCE once to generate needed folders then copy over saves and config files.

If this does not resolve your issue post a save so it can be examined for other problems.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4040 on: September 29, 2021, 02:26:45 pm »
Some terrain bugs at STR_NINJA_BASE_1_ASSAULT

Where is this bug? You normally post a wall of text, but here you don't elaborate. Does it allow you to enter the bunker? That doesn't seem possible, it's also not clear on the screencap.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4041 on: September 29, 2021, 02:32:23 pm »
BONDAGE /PEA (STR_PEASANT_BONDAGE_GEAR_UC) is missing personalLight setting. HOVERTANK* as well.

Also, psst, don't tell Dioxine that...
SMOKEY (STR_SMOKEY_ARMOR_UC) has INVIS instead of CAMO.
BAT GLAD (STR_BAT_GLAD_ARMOR_UC) has INVIS instead of CAMO.
CATSUIT /SYN (STR_SYNTH_CATSUIT_UC) has INVIS instead of CAMO.
:-X

Thanks for bug report on armors.
I won't comment on your weird fantasies regarding the other part. It works exactly as intended.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: September 29, 2021, 03:45:21 pm »
Where is this bug?

The two screenshots represent two places with invisible walls, so you need to walk around them to get from where the character is standing, to the selected tile like the path with TU's shows.

Thanks for bug report on armors.
I won't comment on your weird fantasies regarding the other part. It works exactly as intended.

You're welcome. So everything else is then as intended "by design"? Ok, thank you. That's all you needed to say.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 10:14:35 am by Delian »

Offline Nety

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: September 29, 2021, 10:08:35 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but i need to research (with zero cost) Zombie Beauty (Preq), unlike VIP: Kashub (Preq) and Basic Engineering (Preq.).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: September 30, 2021, 03:28:14 am »
usual behavior for techs added mid save that would normally be triggered by something else. like an event or chained from another tech. These have cost zero but since you can't perform the trigger you need to do them manually by starting them as a project where they will complete on the next day, no need to assign brains.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: October 01, 2021, 01:28:07 pm »
In the STR_LOC_BANDIT_CAMP_TEMPERATE, the BANDIT_WATCHTOWER (the one with the Prepper Box on top) can spawn with grass underneath the stairs, which blocks the stairs and prevents you from walking up.

There's also some other buildings on this map which spawn without flooring and thus can have flora block the stuff inside the buildings.

This is in version M1.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 01:30:04 pm by Delian »

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: October 01, 2021, 01:51:56 pm »
spawn with grass underneath the stairs, which blocks the stairs and prevents you from walking up.
you can shoot the grass :)
or flamethrower it

Offline wisery

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: October 05, 2021, 01:26:00 am »
Loot screen after base defence is empty. Upgraded to M2 over clean M1. Tactical save on last turn attached.

Offline kos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: October 05, 2021, 12:09:19 pm »
Bug: OpenXcom has crashed: Live alien item definition is missing. Unit ID = 1000006; Type = STR_CYBERDISC_TERRORIST; Status = 7; Faction = 1; Orig. faction = 1; isSurrendering = 0

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4049 on: October 05, 2021, 04:12:48 pm »
The two screenshots represent two places with invisible walls (missing node links?), so you need to walk around them to get from where the character is standing, to the selected tile like the path with TU's shows.

There is inedeed back walls of the bunkers there, but your path shows nothing abnormal - you walk two steps forward and one to the right. This solution is also commonly used when double back walls are needed in such a shape as there.