Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433657 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2610 on: August 19, 2018, 07:50:26 pm »
Segmentation fault at mission end. :(

That's half-a-year-old version... I don't even have the files to reproduce.
Try upgrading...

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 20, 2018, 03:20:30 am »
During mission my tank has been seriously damaged - down to 27 HP from 150HP. But not destroyed. After returning to base it is gone - there is one less tank on the craft equipment list. Is this a bug or heavily damaged tanks counts as destroyed?   

Game ver. 99J2

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 20, 2018, 08:46:05 am »
Game ver. 99J2
You really should update to a current version. It's a waste of time to dig for errors in something that's seriously outdated.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2613 on: August 20, 2018, 10:56:34 am »
Crash to desktop when trying to manufacture poison arrows:

Find   - name: STR_BOW_H_QUIVER_POISON_XXX
in piratez.Rul, add lines:

Code: [Select]
    producedItems:
      STR_BOW_H_QUIVER_POISON: 10

Grenade Launcher FAE ammuntion turned to Napalm ammunition in J5, and now I just cant find it in Manufactoring menus.
Can anyone confirm that its gone?

It is not gone, just renamed to Napalm, like you already said, geez.

Regarding Zeppelins, there is pretty nasty bug/design flaw/feature(?!).

Neither of these, you should already know that elevators can be shot through...

Few more bugs (game ver. 99J2)

Jesus, dude, we have J5 already. Try replicating these errors in a version that isn't outdated.

1. Alliance Advisor can't be healed or given water by other gals. Now, during mission in cold climate (and probably in hot as well) he suffers 1HP/turn of stun damage and since both his hands are permanently occupied, he can't heal it by himself. No one else can help him, so after 30 turns he is down and totaly useless. 

Noted, but he's gonna be gone anyway, eventually.

2. Destroyed enemy tanks sometimes don't leave wrecks.

3. During mission with shot down Heavy Freighter I destroyed 6 enemy tanks, looted only 3. Wrecks weren't destroyed in battle. During mission with Terror Ship, I destroyed 4 tanks and looted only 2 wrecks. Is this some rule, bug or bad luck?   

Bugs during raiding enemy base:

4. Sometimes stack of my equipment is spawned on red elevator tile instead of green exit zone. Since this is only raid and I plan to retreat at some point without destroying base, I would have to move everything piece by piece to green tile in order to save it. But this would consume dozens of turns. Option number 2 is to abandon my stuff during retreat. Not really. So, reload.

5. Despite lots of room on upper level in green exit zone sometimes few gals are spawned on lower level. If there is no enemy contact, it is salvageable, but if there is enemy there, they are dead.

You do realise that such general musings with no concrete evidence are useless? Screenies please, or even better, saves (although J2 makes this pretty much hopeless, saves-wise). To repair a bug, replicating it must be possible on debugger's side.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:07:36 am by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 20, 2018, 11:26:07 am »
It is not gone, just renamed to Napalm, like you already said, geez.
Its just gone up in a research tree, pardon my confusion.

niculinux

« Reply #2615 on: August 20, 2018, 06:16:11 pm »
Find   - name: STR_BOW_H_QUIVER_POISON_XXX
in piratez.Rul, add lines:

Code: [Select]
    producedItems:
      STR_BOW_H_QUIVER_POISON: 10

I've done that but, game rufuses to boot the mod  :'( :'(

edit: all ok, the p was not aligned as you can see in the picture!

edit2 resesrche visit jack town but seems i cannot buy first aid kit. is that correct or am i wrong?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:34:37 pm by niculinux »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 20, 2018, 06:47:49 pm »
I've done that but, game rufuses to boot the mod  :'( :'(

indentation (of the lines you added) is wrong

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 20, 2018, 07:28:26 pm »
edit2 resesrche visit jack town but seems i cannot buy first aid kit. is that correct or am i wrong?
You can check requirements in the tech tree viewer.

niculinux

« Reply #2618 on: August 20, 2018, 09:08:14 pm »
You can check requirements in the tech tree viewer.

Sorry, i forgot it requires Contact: Merchants

Edit: again in 0.99J5, not really a bug actually, but some in misions like "red lantern villa" scientific experiments" and wharehouse assaults mya the main enemy building be spawne not in very dense urbanized zones? like red lantern villa in the screenshot, here is also a save attached :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:46:38 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 20, 2018, 11:03:03 pm »
Why would you not put a whore house in a densely populated area?

niculinux

« Reply #2620 on: August 20, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »
Why would you not put a whore house in a densely populated area?

well at least not much? it's literally upon the housings!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:51:46 pm by niculinux »

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 21, 2018, 12:03:48 am »
Neither of these, you should already know that elevators can be shot through...

I am kinda under impression that you are not paying attention here. This particular elevator on deck 3 goes only up, you can't go down to the deck 2, becuase deck 2 doesn't extends so far. Under that elevator is empty space between engines on lower level and that is outside the hull. So right under the elevator tile and above engines there should be solid deck 3 floor. Instead there is a hole in the hull. If this game engine limitation and that hole is impossible to patch, then move stack of equipment somewhere else, to a safe spot, as gals which are going there to resupply or restore lost HP can be killed from outside.   

Jesus, dude, we have J5 already. Try replicating these errors in a version that isn't outdated.

I need Reticulans to buy sectoweed from black market in order to keep production of medical supplies to make upgrade to J5. You apparently forgot that changes to economy should be evolution, not revolution. Changes in J3 killed economy in my current game, as they were instantly stopping production of med supplies. Only alternative was X-Grog and it was reducing my profit from production by 75%. I was then running deficit around 11 millions monthly, soon it will be 15 or 16 millions. These changes also introduced lots of unnecessary micromanagment with sectoweed production and distribution. And lets not forget that this entire game mechanic gets obsolote with arrival of Reticulans. Unless you will remove possibility of buying sectoweed on black market.

You do realise that such general musings with no concrete evidence are useless? Screenies please, or even better, saves (although J2 makes this pretty much hopeless, saves-wise). To repair a bug, replicating it must be possible on debugger's side.

You are very skeptical, so I'll try my best.
1. Mission with Heavy Freighter - save 1.rar and screenshot 1. Six tank destroyed, recovered only 3 wrecks. In the beginning of the mission I have destroyed 3 tanks with recoiless rifles mostly (there were wrecks). On screenshot I marked positions where these wrecks suppose to be (more or less). Ground is scorched from flamethrowers, that I was using against tanks prior to their destruction. I was not using any explosives. And next to the Turtle's front door there is bug with the fence that was spawned after firing on destroyed ground.
To finish that mission kill last tank hiding on motel parking.

2. Mission Siberia Base - save 2.rar and sreenshot 2. 8 tanks destroyed, 5 wrecks recovered, but one wreck next to the Zeppelin hull was probably destroyed by enemy fire. 2 wrecks are missing (destroyed tanks didn't leave wrecks) and I marked their position on screenshot (upper right corner). Two wrecks lies in the same spot next to Zeppelin. All enemy tanks destroyed without using explosives by my own tanks/autocannon, recoiless rifles and rifle fire. There is other bug with my tank in Zeppelin that have only 27 HP left. When you finish mission and return to hideout that tank will be gone. 
To finish that mission take down the last supersoldier with seductresses.

3. Raid on enemy base - save 3.rar and screenshot 3. Equipment spawned on red elevator tile instead on green exit zone tile. I already explained implications.

4. Raid on enemy base - save 4.rar and screenshot 4. Two gals with my equipment spawned on lower level. And  I already explained implications. To replicate that bug I needed to send Zeppelin with 20 gals, it didn't happend with Turtle and only 12 gals.

To replicate bugs with raiding enemy base I needed maybe 15 attempts, so they are rather common. 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2622 on: August 21, 2018, 01:42:20 am »
If this game engine limitation and that hole is impossible to patch, then move stack of equipment somewhere else, to a safe spot, as gals which are going there to resupply or restore lost HP can be killed from outside.

It is, but it was a really bad placement for such a hole indeed. I plugged it with something.

I need Reticulans to buy sectoweed from black market in order to keep production of medical supplies to make upgrade to J5. You apparently forgot that changes to economy should be evolution, not revolution.

rolls eyes And you are lecturing me on what basis? I forgot nothing.

You are very skeptical, so I'll try my best.

It is not about being skeptical, but being able to find a bug. I really have no time or desire for 12 hour long bug hunts based on "I might have seen something somewhere" that ends up in finding nothing.

1. Mission with Heavy Freighter - save 1.rar and screenshot 1. Six tank destroyed, recovered only 3 wrecks. In the beginning of the mission I have destroyed 3 tanks with recoiless rifles mostly (there were wrecks). On screenshot I marked positions where these wrecks suppose to be (more or less). Ground is scorched from flamethrowers, that I was using against tanks prior to their destruction. I was not using any explosives. And next to the Turtle's front door there is bug with the fence that was spawned after firing on destroyed ground.
To finish that mission kill last tank hiding on motel parking.

In both instances, I don't see any wrecks besides these who get recovered. If there were any more tanks, they have been likely obliterated by forces outside your control.
As for the missing tank, I dunno. I found 2 tanks at your base after returning from the mission.

4. Raid on enemy base - save 4.rar and screenshot 4. Two gals with my equipment spawned on lower level. And  I already explained implications. To replicate that bug I needed to send Zeppelin with 20 gals, it didn't happend with Turtle and only 12 gals.

Explanations were not needed, screenies were needed. Faulty spawn maps fixed, thank you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:50:36 am by Dioxine »

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 21, 2018, 03:24:08 am »
And you are lecturing me on what basis? I forgot nothing.
On what basis? Changes in J3 to production of med supplies were too drastic. It is basically impossible to me to upgrade until I will able to cover around 15 milllions of deficit monthly. Unless I want start a new game. But I don't.

In both instances, I don't see any wrecks besides these who get recovered. If there were any more tanks, they have been likely obliterated by forces outside your control.

In heavy freighter mission I can dig out those "hypothetical" missing tanks from gals diares, but yes, missing wrecks could been destroyed without me noticing. In Siberia Base mission digging in diaries may be insufficient, as missing tanks could been destroyed by my own tanks. But it is impossible that missing wrecks were destroyed, as ground where they suppose to be is in perfect condition and they were destroyed by nonexplosives. And fact that you don't see any wrecks there is my whole point - destroyed tanks didn't leave wrecks as they suppose to. 
I can't upload on Youtube my entire missions just to prove my point. I'll attach save from begging of Siberia  mission - 5.rar. Enter god/spectator mode/map editor and count enemy tanks. Maybe that will help. 

As for the missing tank, I dunno. I found 2 tanks at your base after returning from the mission.
Oh, come on. I gave you all evidence you need. Check how many tanks is in Zeppelin inventory list after return to base. I have send on mission 2 tanks, alliance advisor and 11 gals - 20 slots occupied. Nobody died, one gal was wounded. But after the mission there is only one tank onboard and 15 slots occupied. And before mission there were 3 tanks in that base. I am attaching save made right before mission - 6.rar.   

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2624 on: August 21, 2018, 04:26:04 am »
On what basis? Changes in J3 to production of med supplies were too drastic. It is basically impossible to me to upgrade until I will able to cover around 15 milllions of deficit monthly. Unless I want start a new game. But I don't.

I understand your problem with campaign in progress, but this is not a basis for a lecture. You're playing a WIP game and such stuff happens. As for the previous comment regarding bugs in outdated versions, it was merely stating of a fact that they're difficult to debug, and sometimes already fixed, so no need to take it personally.

And before mission there were 3 tanks in that base

According to your save, there is 2, not 3 tanks at that base, both onboard the Zepp. After mission (loaded from the previous save), both are accounted for. Check your stuff before raising alarm.

As for missing tank corpses, you don't need to upload anything to YT, just show me any proof of a tank corpse disappearing without a reason. Preferably a save from just before it happens with instructions how to replicate. What I found out was only that all existing (visible) corpses were recovered. I mean I could play the whole mission, but such a problem was never reported so I feel it would be a waste of time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 04:28:22 am by Dioxine »