Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1456631 times)

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2625 on: August 21, 2018, 06:05:16 am »
According to your save, there is 2, not 3 tanks at that base, both onboard the Zepp. After mission (loaded from the previous save), both are accounted for. Check your stuff before raising alarm.
Yes, you have right. I am sorry, my mistake. But I was 100% sure there were 3 tanks in that base and now I wonder what happened to the third one. And after mission one tank was automatically removed from Zeppelin inventory, because there was no longer ammo for it.     

As for missing tank corpses, you don't need to upload anything to YT, just show me any proof of a tank corpse disappearing without a reason. Preferably a save from just before it happens with instructions how to replicate. What I found out was only that all existing (visible) corpses were recovered. I mean I could play the whole mission, but such a problem was never reported so I feel it would be a waste of time.
You see there is a problem. When tank doesn't leave the wreck it happens in moment it is destroyed. There is animation of tank being destroyed and thats it - no wreck. Kinda hard to prove that in that spot should be lying wreck. And missions with enemy tanks in the field are so far rare.
If you are saying that there is no god/spectator mode or console commands and you can't reaveal map to check if there is really 8 enemy tanks in that Siberia mission, then reload save nr 5 from beginning of that mission, wait to turn 2 and exit Zeppelin to scout as much as possible. I have found that way 7 enemy tanks - save exp2.rar. There is isolated island on right side of the map with 4 tanks (only 3 are visible) and if you reload end of that mission (save 2.rar), you will find only 2 wrecks on that island and no sign of destruction that could destroy other 2 wrecks.   

And one more possible bug (game ver99J2).
To prevent selfdestruction of engine on supply ship I destroyed it with Asuka rifle. It was gone, but exploded anyway one turn later. I reloaded and on second attempt I destroyed engine with barrel bomb. This time it worked. So, is destruction of engine with rifle insufficient in sense that there must be certain amount of force applied in order to destroy it for good? Or destroying engine with rifle was bugged ?   

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2626 on: August 21, 2018, 07:25:53 am »
I reloaded and on second attempt I destroyed engine with barrel bomb. This time it worked. So, is destruction of engine with rifle insufficient in sense that there must be certain amount of force applied in order to destroy it for good? Or destroying engine with rifle was bugged ?   

The engine is actually irrelevant.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: August 21, 2018, 12:53:52 pm »
The engine is actually irrelevant.
What is relevant?

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 21, 2018, 01:22:07 pm »
What is relevant?

The STR_SELF_DESTRUCT_DEVICE_PREQ is relevant.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 21, 2018, 02:30:39 pm »
The STR_SELF_DESTRUCT_DEVICE_PREQ is relevant.

Yes, indeed, how very informative answer.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 21, 2018, 03:01:17 pm »
A peasant got Ice Cold Killer for killing 2 enemies in a turn. It was a shambler hunt and they all died on their own.

I guess this was because the first shot from her double barrel downed it and the second one killed it.

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: August 21, 2018, 03:02:20 pm »
Yes, indeed, how very informative answer.

Cut down the sarcasm a bit, pal, it actually is informative.

If you were to provide a savefile from your supply ship mission, between the "I destroyed the engine" and "the ship self-destructed" moments, I bet my ass that we wouldn't find a STR_UFO_POWER_SOURCE because you destroyed it, but the STR_SELF_DESTRUCT_DEVICE and/or STR_SELF_DESTRUCT_DEVICE_PREQ would still be there.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2632 on: August 21, 2018, 09:15:57 pm »
All you really need to know is that busting up the engine with a gun won't stop self-destruct, while blowing it up with something big might do that. But you already figured it out, so there's nothing to discuss.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: August 21, 2018, 10:06:14 pm »
All you really need to know is that busting up the engine with a gun won't stop self-destruct, while blowing it up with something big might do that. But you already figured it out, so there's nothing to discuss.
I wanted to know if that behavior is intentionial or bugged. I wanted a straight answer.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 22, 2018, 03:02:13 am »
In layman's terms: There's a hidden self destruct mechanism in the engine room, and only a sufficiently powerful explosion can disable it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2635 on: August 22, 2018, 04:41:42 pm »
I wanted to know if that behavior is intentionial or bugged. I wanted a straight answer.

Sorry, straight answers are spoilers so I try to avoid them ;) Unless it was bugged, then I'd say so.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: August 23, 2018, 12:53:06 am »
Sorry, straight answers are spoilers so I try to avoid them ;) Unless it was bugged, then I'd say so.
OK.

Now, regarding tanks leaving no wrecks. I have forgot about my Loknar pilot and left her standing in corridor during base defense in my turn 1. So she is killed, usually during enemy turn 1, sometimes during enemy turn 2. But every time she is killed, there is no corpse. If I walk to that tile and enter invetory, there is no corpse on the ground. I hope this will be helpful also with the tanks. Save 7. rar and screenshot 7.

Edit: Wrong savefile attached, corrected.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:40:35 am by Vansi »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 23, 2018, 01:10:51 am »
OK.

Now, regarding tanks leaving no wrecks. I have forgot about my Loknar pilot and left her standing in corridor during base defense in my turn 1. So she is killed, usually during enemy turn 1, sometimes during enemy turn 2. But every time she is killed, there is no corpse. If I walk to that tile and enter invetory, there is no corpse on the ground. I hope this will be helpful also with the tanks. Save 7. rar and screenshot 7.

Looks like its a wrong save file.
Also if its a base defence then enemies are most likely sporting plasma or gauss weaponry, and those score so much damage that body can just desintegrate - its an actual OXCE mechanic.
Never seen desintegrated tanks though, too much HP on them, and 4 tile units might even be not subject to this mechanic.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: August 23, 2018, 02:11:59 am »
wrecks have the ability to be destroyed like any other item on the ground, all it takes is sufficiently strong instance of damage after the wreck is spawned.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: August 23, 2018, 02:43:20 am »
Looks like its a wrong save file.
Oops, thanks for info.

wrecks have the ability to be destroyed like any other item on the ground, all it takes is sufficiently strong instance of damage after the wreck is spawned.
It is situation when no wreck or corpse is spawned at all.