aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1435553 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2550 on: August 08, 2018, 05:16:51 pm »
How?
There is:

Code: [Select]
    producedSoldierType: STR_SOLDIER_SPECTRE

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 08, 2018, 05:20:30 pm »
The last release version has STR_SOLDIER_S there instead.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 09, 2018, 12:43:10 pm »
Some gals got the triggerhappy condemnation after a mission without a single reaction shot. We spent all but the last 2 turns in the airbus and for those the gals outside had their guns pocketed. No melee reaction either.
Save from the last turn, I managed to kill the lobstermen with my axemurderers. Those guys have funny weapons as well, might make them mostly harmless.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 09, 2018, 02:45:38 pm »
Some gals got the triggerhappy condemnation after a mission without a single reaction shot. We spent all but the last 2 turns in the airbus and for those the gals outside had their guns pocketed. No melee reaction either.
Save from the last turn, I managed to kill the lobstermen with my axemurderers. Those guys have funny weapons as well, might make them mostly harmless.
Yeah, Lobstermen with Hunting Bows (etc) are pretty funny. They are also extremely vulnerable to choking wands.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 09, 2018, 05:57:59 pm »
If you use one girl to feed moonshine to another one, the first one recieves the stun damage(the energy is given to the second gal as it should). That's pretty wierd, im sure it worked correctly in the earlier versions?

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 09, 2018, 06:17:53 pm »
I think that was changed because you could stun enemies by force-feeding them moonshine in battle, which one could also consider to be weird. After battle that's a different story  :P
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:24:09 pm by Ves »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 10, 2018, 12:15:41 pm »
I think that was changed because you could stun enemies by force-feeding them moonshine in battle, which one could also consider to be weird. After battle that's a different story  :P

That's the exact reason. The abuse-case happened and VIPs like Guildmasters and Provosts got drugged with Moonshine until they dropped from the overstun.
Force-feeding makes no sense gameplay-wise so the moonshine is kept the way it is now and this is also a 'buff' to the item in general.

Your 'medic' now takes the stun-damage instead of the 'runner/bow(wo)man' once the item is used.
Every portion of stun-damage on a character reduces the natural energy-regeneration and since the medic gets "dizzy" instead of the receiving end, that's a good thing worth noticing.
Until you can stock up on better energy drinks like atom-beer, try using a teammate to feed the drink to the fighting teammate.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 10, 2018, 02:31:02 pm »
So all units are treated the same in the engine? There's no way to differentiate between friendlies and enemies and have a different effect on use?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 10, 2018, 10:46:04 pm »
So all units are treated the same in the engine?
Pretty much, yeah. That's also why you can, say, melee your own people.

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 11, 2018, 04:32:20 pm »
Hi,

I noticed a wide difference between the expected awesomeness of Rod of Hellfire, and it's very disappointing performance in battle. So tried changing things in the rule-file to find what wasn’t working. After actually looking over the Ruleset Reference for OXCE+,  eventually decided to try adding RandomType: 2 to the item, and that did the trick (it changed the damage prediction and damage dealt from 5-10 to roughly 40-100).

The I checked the bootypedia for other burn-damage type weapons that might have the same issue and found that most launchers, the flamers, and some explosive also lack a RandomType, and from my testing they all seem to be in line with only doing the normal 5-10 Burn Damage.

I compared Fairy Dragon with and without RamdomType: 2, against deep ones. Without no one died (a lot fell unconscious due to the high stun multiplier) and with RamdomType: 2 a lot died outright and my Annihilator wearing Observer Gal (20 tile away 4 four levels up) goes down with critical high stun level.

Here is the list for all weapons I found were this is the case:

Rod of Hellfire
Canister Launcher Incendiary
Pyrotechnic Cannonball
Grenade Launcher Incendiary
Incendiary Rocket
Quad Launcher Black Napalm Bomblets / Fairy Dragon
Fire Minibomb
Lighter
Fuel Flask
Heavy Flamer Tank
Molotov Cocktail
Incendiary Grenande
Firebomb

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 11, 2018, 10:51:03 pm »
This is intentional behavior. There are 2 types of burn damage weapons, the list you mentioned does vanilla xcom fire damage, 5-10 ignoring armor, power is only used to derive radius of the aoe. The second type are those that do full damage listed and the fire effect. these are generally know as WP weapons.

Congrats on finding the value that governs the difference generally works. It is odd but its working as intended.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 12, 2018, 02:03:36 am »
Hi,

Problems with my disappering tanks during base defense. Game version 99J2.

My base is attacked. I have there 25 rookies and 3 tanks. However when battle starts, tanks are gone, nowhere to be found.

Also in different base defence I reloaded earlier savegame and send all my 7 tanks to that base before attack happened. When I got attacked, only 3 tanks were in the battle.   

Any explanation?   

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 12, 2018, 07:18:36 am »
There are only so many spawn points for 2x2 units in a base. Depending on what is in your base you may have several or none. Anything without a valid spawn point will not appear.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:28 pm »
At the end of the game I encounter finally a game-stopping bug.

Whenever I try to step with the soldier "insufferalbe top Vodoo" on the elevator, the mouse arrow disappears and won`t reappear. Game doesn`t actually crash, but I lose control of it. Can`t change the round either.

EDIT:
Problem dissappears, when playing severel round and THEN try to reach the elevator.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:59:26 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 13, 2018, 01:12:55 am »
There are only so many spawn points for 2x2 units in a base. Depending on what is in your base you may have several or none. Anything without a valid spawn point will not appear.
I reloaded game, started checking things and it finally hit me. It is about ammunition. There is problem with tanks, they are kept in bases with main gun not loaded. Ammo is instantly loaded when -a) you are adding tank as a auxilliary unit to a vessel -b) your base is attacked. If you do not have in base ammo for tanks then during attempt to add tank to a vessel there is warning message. But during base defense there is no messages about missing ammo and tanks are not present. And when you send tank from base to base it travels empty so you also need send ammo. 

Is it possible to change rules, so tanks can be used without ammo for main gun during base defense? Tank/Autocannon still have heavy machine gun and plenty of armor and mobility.