aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434156 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3720 on: September 26, 2020, 05:48:09 pm »
Still with version v.L3l

Might be intentional, but there was a Tough Girl in a Govt Cutter where I would have expected a Govt Pilot.

xcomfan

« Reply #3721 on: September 26, 2020, 06:09:32 pm »
Again in L4, seems that black square in that type of building - a couple of these present in a mutant progom map - cannot be accessed

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: September 26, 2020, 06:45:33 pm »
It should not be possible to take these turrets "alive" by any means, they have capturable: false flag.

Nevertheless, found the same problem with the Battle Tank in Sitzkrieg.

xcomfan

« Reply #3723 on: September 27, 2020, 12:31:29 pm »
L4, a plant crosses vessel's wall

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: September 27, 2020, 03:12:40 pm »
Burrow says "facility in use" in L4 when trying to remove in Europe.  However, I have over 10 living space, 10 animal space, and 25 storage free.  I am assuming this is related to the burrows in the north america base being negative animal space on account of having 3-4 missile strikes pummel it into oblivion causing all the burrows to go poof from connectivity issues.  After the strikes I had a storage check, but no animal space check.  Recently debriefed and bought some more recon expeditions.

Edit: selling the dogs in the bugged base doesn't help actually, not sure what the issue is.  Game's also crashed shortly after selling the 26 dogs from inventory, possibly related.  I also think I had 4 missile strikes, which I didn't think was possible, but I could have misremembered.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:47:17 pm by Greep »

xcomfan

« Reply #3725 on: September 27, 2020, 04:18:38 pm »
A minor incongruence in L4, smartpistol manufacturable clips are supposed to be plastasteel only, since the bootypedia description says that kind of clip is reduced to 22 from 25, but in the manufacture screen might be added a /PS suffix, for claication sake?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: September 28, 2020, 12:30:12 am »
Yeah, above save has had 6 missile strikes in May now after playing it a bit more (in addition to the odd facility in use bug).  There seems to be some sort of double retaliation bug or something, as the initial event should only have 3, and the ongoing missiles event comes the month after.

Update:  Once burrows get built in the blown up base, the other base is functional again.  So it appears having dogs/peasants with no existing burrows in a base kinda borks the game a bit and selling them doesn't help.

Another update: Random burrow facility in use bug happened again.  Just no clue really.  Another possibility is maybe transfers are getting counted twice for inventory space related to building facilities or something.  Probably not though.  Completely empty base doesn't have the issue, but a base without transfers does.  Possibly just dogs in general screw it up atm.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 04:06:57 pm by Greep »

xcomfan

« Reply #3727 on: September 29, 2020, 05:53:33 pm »
It is not a bug, but in the second half of jan 2603 still cannot find the riot shield! i even have  particle weapons!!! Doin a city raid mission...please remove from the crucial requirement for research?  :'(

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: September 29, 2020, 06:37:59 pm »
If it's not a bug, you might want to use another thread heh.  In any case, if you absolutely cannot find one, you should eventually get it just from interrogating military police and megapol enforcers.  In particular magapol enforcers (the flying pigs) have a very short research list.

xcomfan

« Reply #3729 on: September 29, 2020, 07:14:34 pm »
If it's not a bug, you might want to use another thread heh.  In any case, if you absolutely cannot find one, you should eventually get it just from interrogating military police and megapol enforcers.  In particular magapol enforcers (the flying pigs) have a very short research list.

I know but once again merely relying on luck it'frustrating, kinda a russian roulette!! anyway... ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3730 on: September 30, 2020, 12:06:55 am »
L4, minor glitch in main hideout

Can't see the glitch.

Anyway, the problem remains. Currently, the items are lying to players since the resists that they provide don't match their descriptions (Floating Sandbags say they cut the damage in half, but they only reduce it by a quarter).

Do you really think using unfair language like "lying" will help? Sandbags are a relic item, which is almost impossible to get, sure, it might have outdated description, but using is as a typical example is using loaded dice. You claim the description is wrong, but you seem to be more interested in pushing your idea for script changes. You are incapable of listening, or help, you only want to push your own vision, while not even really understanding how the current script works, or its ramifications (which can easily be judged from your answers). If you want to start fights, this forum is not the best place for it.
In short: script stays as it is. It is exactly how I want it to be. Case closed.
I will think about better phrasing, however.

Edit: it was you who was lying, sandbags do cut damage in half (*up to maximum resist of 50%).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:21:40 am by Dioxine »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: September 30, 2020, 03:46:01 am »
!!Socializing!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 05:55:23 am by Greep »

xcomfan

« Reply #3732 on: September 30, 2020, 09:19:46 am »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: September 30, 2020, 01:59:29 pm »
Delian, your asking to change a core formula of the mod and all the balance derived from it. This is at the very least 100s of hours of additional work because each affected item must be edited individually. So every armor and resistance  gear would need to be redone. Well over a thousand  objects. And the gain is a minor improvement in clarity. If you want this your gonna have to do it yourself.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: September 30, 2020, 07:48:11 pm »
you seem to be more interested in pushing your idea for script changes. You are incapable of listening, or help, you only want to push your own vision, while not even really understanding how the current script works, or its ramifications (which can easily be judged from your answers). If you want to start fights, this forum is not the best place for it.
In short: script stays as it is. It is exactly how I want it to be. Case closed.
I will think about better phrasing, however.

Edit: it was you who was lying, sandbags do cut damage in half (*up to maximum resist of 50%).

Let's say your salary is 1000€. Your employer says that "they're increasing employee salaries by 50%, but only up to 1400€". What do you think this means? Every normal person would understand that this means that their salary would be increased by 50% to 1500€, but because of the 1400€ limit, their salary would only be increased to 1400€. This is normal English and this is how everyone would understand this sentence. I don't know what language you speak, but yeah, in English, this is how people would understand such a description.
I understand the formula perfectly well, but this formula simply isn't properly translated into item descriptions, and as such, yes, I can say that the description is lying because, quite simply, what's written is false in its meaning, that is, it differs from what actually happens. I'm not lying - you can ask anyone you want. "I have a value of 100 and I cut it in half, up to 60. What's the new value?". Everyone would answer "60". And this is the problem.
If me providing possible solutions to a problem offends you (pushing a vision? what?), then sorry, I'll be careful and refrain from doing so in the future.

Delian, your asking to change a core formula of the mod and all the balance derived from it. This is at the very least 100s of hours of additional work because each affected item must be edited individually. So every armor and resistance  gear would need to be redone. Well over a thousand  objects. And the gain is a minor improvement in clarity. If you want this your gonna have to do it yourself.

There are only 28 items that provide resistances. And I've already rebalanced them. For myself.