Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433526 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3750 on: October 23, 2020, 02:04:22 pm »
Fer could be piratey speech, which your crew uses early on in the game.  As they get more civilized they drop a lot of it, but they do use it.

Note that the chief Brainer often does it on purpose or sarcastically. ("Soylent not good. Meat good.")

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: October 24, 2020, 08:08:43 am »
I found a room in the technomancer's lair that was disconnected from the rest of the base.  After I tunneled to the room I found a hallway leading to a wall near where I started. The area has several doors that look like walls so was there a terrain mix up?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: October 25, 2020, 10:07:15 pm »
Not a mixup persay, just the terrain randomization mixing with the fact that the best we can do for a "locked" door is a solid wall.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: October 26, 2020, 06:39:21 pm »
"Personal Labs" does not have "Study" service mentioned in its Tech Tree entry. I do consider it unintended or at least an oversight.

Was a major cause of headache yesterday as I tried to figure out illogical Hellerium dependency when planning a Still in new base. Apparently you can't build Still without researching Alchemy, you can't get Alchemy without Hellerium, and you can't research Hellerium without "Study", which requires Still. Only alternate way through this bottleneck (and only in starting base) is brute forcing RNG for Hellerium freebie, but that comes so much later I'd already have 8 bases fully set up with 1 empty space remaining - for Still.
I was able to overcome this problem via online BootyPedia (offline looks broken in L4) which told be about Personal Labs but this isn't very good or long term solution. Not to mention spoiler galore.

Service is clearly mentioned in BootyPedia however but the problem with that is obvious. Too much stuff happens between then and now that we forget and we're not savants to keep it all in our heads. So please add it in tech tree where it belongs, to bring it in line with other relevant buildings. While we're at it might as well add services as searchable string in existing tree viewer mechanic (so "medic" brings up Sickbay [f] for example).

UPDATE
Well shit, "Personal Labs [f]" does have "Study" mentioned... hehe. In light of this I'll put the last part in suggestion thread as even with the string there it didn't help all that much as you can see.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 07:02:40 pm by Nilex »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: October 26, 2020, 06:48:13 pm »
"Personal Labs" does not have "Study" service mentioned in its Tech Tree entry. I do consider it unintended or at least an oversight.

I can see it.

So please add it in tech tree where it belongs, to bring it in line with other relevant buildings.

We cannot add or remove anything from the tech tree entries, they are auto-generated and are never wrong.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: October 26, 2020, 07:07:43 pm »
Yeah I just fukken noticed my mistake... not that it would help me as it still relies on player's memory. Or maybe it would, hard to say.
What about searchable services string in tech tree, cannot be done too? That would definitely help.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: October 26, 2020, 07:23:02 pm »
What about searchable services string in tech tree, cannot be done too? That would definitely help.

Can be done, but I don't want it.

Search by anything else than the name is confusing as heck.
You can nicely see it in the Inventory search, which searches not only by the item name but also by the item category name.
So when you search let's say for Precision Pistol and enter "prec" as your search expression, you'll get an endless list of junk instead of Precision Pistol only... all because there is a category which contains the word precision. Btw. there is also a category containing the word pistol... so searching for Precision Pistol is practically impossible.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: October 26, 2020, 07:42:06 pm »
That's a shame but I understand. Thank you.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: October 29, 2020, 07:17:08 pm »
Mod side, Dioxine is going to add an event gently reminding(or insultingly reminding, depending on who you ask) people to build Personal Labs if they haven't done so by a certain month. As usual, he expects people to just ignore it.

Amusingly enough, you are not the only one who had the exact same trouble with the Study function, right down to the wild goose chase of recursive dependencies, and the word from the mouth of god is 'working as intended'.

Dio considers the tech tree viewer a cheat.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:20:05 pm by Iazo »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3759 on: October 29, 2020, 07:38:55 pm »
Hello,

there is potentional mistake in L4 with Red Shield. In Yankey_script.rul in section about red shield, damage type 16 (stab) is in 2 lines, both for 25% resistance and shield bypass. Bootypedia says the damage type Stab has 25% resist.

Thank you, a good catch.

Typo in MYSTERIES -> Combat Stress BootyPedia:
"fer too long" -> "for too long"
Don't think it's due to author's colorful writing style.

Same in JOURNAL -> !Monster Hunt"
"fer example" -> "for example"
Here it's probably intentional, even though "for" is used in last sentence.

Both intentional. I know how to write "for", lmao.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:25:10 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3760 on: October 31, 2020, 04:33:44 am »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 05:43:16 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: October 31, 2020, 06:31:07 pm »
Quick check:
These go into \User\mods\Piratez\MAPS (first two) & \User\mods\Piratez\TERRAIN (third)?

In existing L4 ruleset file there's nothing close near mentioned lines. Closest I got are 18808 & 20437 (both with "S" at end); & 32053. Are you perhaps using references from your personal updated WIP version?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 06:34:21 pm by Nilex »

xcomfan

« Reply #3762 on: October 31, 2020, 07:22:32 pm »
Quick check:
These go into \User\mods\Piratez\MAPS (first two) & \User\mods\Piratez\TERRAIN (third)?

In existing L4 ruleset file there's nothing close near mentioned lines. Closest I got are 18808 & 20437 (both with "S" at end); & 32053. Are you perhaps using references from your personal updated WIP version?

Indeed it is. On win 10 in notepad press ctrl + g to display the go to the line menu and insert the value above. It's the only singular 0f the ones you will find in the file

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: October 31, 2020, 07:25:27 pm »
Are you perhaps using references from your personal updated WIP version?

No, he's referencing the published L5 version.
Please read.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: October 31, 2020, 08:40:00 pm »
No, he's referencing the published L5 version.
Please read.
My bad, didn't notice L5 was released.
Same problem persists in new Piratez_Factions.rul as in old L4 one though. Nothing remotely close to the lines mentioned.

...and insert the value above...
You're confusing me. Hotfix says nothing about inserting but rather replacing.

Is it a problem to just upload the fixed file?